hemoglobin exceptionally high. Can AAS be the cause?

dusty44

Banned
Awards
I received an alarming phone call from my doc today advising me that my hemoglobin level is extremely high. Past cycles have been: Trest & DMZ; Trest & methylstenbolone; test cyp & nandrolone. Would any or all of these be the suspected cause of the high levels and, is there one in particular that would be worse than the others in this regard? Any knowledgeable feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, AAS can cause increased RBC production. Testosterone increases EPO, which leads to increased RBC production.

dusty44

Banned
Awards
Yes, AAS can cause increased RBC production. Testosterone increases EPO, which leads to increased RBC production.
Are certain compounds worse than others (i.e.- oral methyls vs. injectables or 19-nor vs. dht, etc., etc.)?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe the solution then is to donate blood. Many men on TRT experience this if I'm not mistaken.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe the solution then is to donate blood. Many men on TRT experience this if I'm not mistaken.
Good post, that and blood letting... although these are just temporary fixes

jamesjudo5

Awards
Keep seeing this advice in quite a few posts and it honestly scares me a bit. Let's just say I'm a medical professional involved in blood donation I don't think people understand this blood could be given to women or even worse pregnant women or children. Although most of the times I don't think this is a problem honestly who know what a very androgenic compound would do too a pregnant woman or child.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My doc recommends naringin and natto for daily maintenance to help blood flow. It can lower hemotocrit and did mine by almost 2pts. Not a substitute if you are that high, but a good maintenance addition. Also, stay hydrated. Dehydration can alter that number big time and it may be artificially higher for the test if you were.

dusty44

Banned
Awards
Wow, thanks! I had never heard of either one of those...learn something new here everyday. What brands do you use for each and what amounts do you use per day?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure. Keep in mind that this isn't a fix, but a maintenance to help control and just good for general health. Also, Naringin can affect other medications, so read up on that.

Source naturals naringin 1 a day 500mg
Doctors Best Nattokinase 1 a day 2000FUs