Where to get a reliable blood work done

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
I know someone posted a thread before and it had the name of a online test ordering website. I can't find the link anymore. What is a good company to order my blood work from?

J

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Private md labs

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
I use private md labs

But I think there is one called labsmd that gives an exact T score, privatemdlabs is only specific to 1500

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
Can you guys look at their site and tell me which specific test to order? There are so many and its confusing to me. I just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything important. Thanks

B

Benoit23

Awards
posting from another site... very old post but pretty sure it still applies...

"Select the female hormonal panel from Private MD Labs - this will test what needs to be, and is much cheaper than the male hormonal panel.
**cant post link because dont have 20 posts yet but it is easy to google**

Use the coupon code: Healthy12 for a 12% discount"

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Can you guys look at their site and tell me which specific test to order? There are so many and its confusing to me. I just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything important. Thanks
Privatemdlabs female hormone panel

I think it's one of the top 3 of their most commonly purchased.

Gives estradiol, test up to 1500, full bloods (WBC, rbc, hematocrit, liver enzymes etc)
LH and FSH

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
Thanks! i went and had my bloodwork done today. How long does it take to get the results?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! i went and had my bloodwork done today. How long does it take to get the results?
When I got mine on a Thursday it was the next day.
Typically 24 hrs sometimes 48 if you get it done on a Friday.

J

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I had mine done yesterday around 9am and got results today around 830am

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
What are the most important numbers I should be looking at? I got my results today.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
What are the most important numbers I should be looking at? I got my results today.
They're all important. But what tests did you get and what did you want to find out when you had your bloodwork done?

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
Here are my labs

CBC WITH DIFFERENTIAL/'PLATELET

WBC 7.7
RBC 5.24
Hemoglobin 16.2
Hematocrit 45.9
MCV 88
MCH 30.9
MCHC 35.3
RDW 13.1
Platelets 251
Neutrophils 53
Lymphs 37
Monocytes 9
Eos 1
Basos 0
Neutrophils (absolute) 4.0
Lymphs (absolute) 2.8
Monocytes (absolute) 0.7
Eos (absolute) 0.1
Baso (absolute) 0.0
Immature Granulocytes 0
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0

COMP. METABOLIC PAEL (14)

Glucose, serum 88
BUN 12
Creatinine,serum 1.07
eGFR if non africn Am 88
eGFR if Africn Am 102
BUN/Creatinine Ration 11
Sodium Serum 140
Potassium, Serum 4.5
Chloride.Serum 100
Carbon Dioxide,Total 25
Calcium,Serum 9.2
Protein,Total, Serum 6.6
Albumin,Serum 4.3
Globulin,Total 2.3
A/G Ration 1.9
Bilirubin,Total 2.0 High This was expected. I have Gilbert's syndrome.
Alkaline, Phosphatase,S 70
AST (SGOT) 24
ALT (SGPT) 31

Testosterone, Serum 383 I am 37. I was thinking this is super low. Am I correct?

LUTEINIZING HORMONE (LH) S
LH 308

FHS , SERUM
FHS 4.0

ESTRADIOL 28.1

Tell me what you guys think please.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
While it's hard to tell how low you are without reference ranges, I believe you are on the lower end of T levels. Typical range 300-1000 or something like that...

However, if that's (383) your "normal" natural levels, getting them raised to 6-700 probably won't make too much of a difference, maybe for libido and energy but not for muscle mass. Raising them within the reference range will only be beneficial if your natural levels are normally higher and are being suppressed somehow.

Muscle gains come from super physiological doses above the reference range.
Just because someone has 900 T vs someone who has 300T does not mean they will gain muscle 3x faster. It's a logarithmic, not linear value.

Layne norton has a video about hormone levels. Check it out.

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
It seemed like when I was younger I could go for ever when I was having sex and now I am going for a few minutes. When I unload in a few short minutes and I am done an can't stay hard. I am sure it has something to do with all the bodyfat I am carrying around. I was reading that working out and getting in better shape can really raise my levels. Is that true?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
It seemed like when I was younger I could go for ever when I was having sex and now I am going for a few minutes. When I unload in a few short minutes and I am done an can't stay hard. I am sure it has something to do with all the bodyfat I am carrying around. I was reading that working out and getting in better shape can really raise my levels. Is that true?
Yes. Dropping some bodyfat will At least it will make your T to E ratio better. Exercise helps with blood flow as well.

Could try maca products if libido and sex drive is ur main concern.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
That's just age bro. I'm 30 and I cnt bust out back to backs like you described. I know it wasn't like my teenage years but you get old. Your test levels are not bad for your age either.

J

jmlaheta1976

Awards
Yes. Dropping some bodyfat will At least it will make your T to E ratio better. Exercise helps with blood flow as well.

Could try maca products if libido and sex drive is ur main concern.
Any specific maca products you recommend?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Any specific maca products you recommend?
I'll let others answer this wuestion.

There's a ton of natural test boosters that are maca based.
Or you can get maca on it's own.
Look for highest extract % and best price.