Come off or stay on?

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
I'm pretty experienced, I've competed in the past a few times, and I'm currently sitting at 220 lbs. and about 12-13% body fat at 5'10" and I'm in my 20's.

Some lifts to get an idea of the level I'm at...

Squats: 405x10
Bench: 385x1
DL: 535x1
Seated BB Shoulder Press: 235x6
Barbell Rows: 285x8
Weighted Dips: Body weight + 205 lbs. x 6

I've been on cycle for the past 9 months now and this whole time I've had my mind completely set on blasting and cruising for good. I'm in this for life, it's what I love to do, I decided when I was in the 8th grade that I would eventually use gear, and I'm looking to create the best possible physique I can while remaining pretty healthy and not looking like a freak, but just build an extremely impressive physique. For the majority of the time it's just been 5-600 mg of test e. I did throw in some anavar at 75 mg ED and mast at 400-600/wk for 8-10 weeks. I'm about to add in NPP at only 350 mg/wk, test e at 300/wk, and dzine at 45 mg ED for this winter bulk. After this, I'm undecided between completely coming off for 4-5 months or cruising on about 175 mg test e a week.

Both blasting and cruising and cycling both seem to have there pro's and con's. Blast and cruise, no yo-yoing of the hormones and body composition, but the long term effects aren't well known, and then cruising can be good to give your body a break but at the same time PCT drugs are not quite the healthiest thing either and theres that yo-yoing going on with hormones and gains.

Last time I got blood work done was 6-7 months into my blast and cruise, so about 2 months ago, and everything came back completely normal. Nothing was off. BP was 112/72, HDL and LDL were fine, creatinine levels were fine (kidney), and so were liver values and everything else.

To those of you that blast and cruise, do you EVER plan on coming off or literally stay on for good and eventually just stay on TRT once you're older. Want to hear other peoples opinions and experiences as well.

Some pics within the last 2 months...

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
I'm pretty experienced, I've competed in the past a few times, and I'm currently sitting at 220 lbs. and about 12-13% body fat at 5'10" and I'm in my 20's. Some lifts to get an idea of the level I'm at... Squats: 405x10 Bench: 385x1 DL: 535x1 Seated BB Shoulder Press: 235x6 Barbell Rows: 285x8 Weighted Dips: Body weight + 205 lbs. x 6 I've been on cycle for the past 9 months now and this whole time I've had my mind completely set on blasting and cruising for good. I'm in this for life, it's what I love to do, I decided when I was in the 8th grade that I would eventually use gear, and I'm looking to create the best possible physique I can while remaining pretty healthy and not looking like a freak, but just build an extremely impressive physique. For the majority of the time it's just been 5-600 mg of test e. I did throw in some anavar at 75 mg ED and mast at 400-600/wk for 8-10 weeks. I'm about to add in NPP at only 350 mg/wk, test e at 300/wk, and dzine at 45 mg ED for this winter bulk. After this, I'm undecided between completely coming off for 4-5 months or cruising on about 175 mg test e a week. Both blasting and cruising and cycling both seem to have there pro's and con's. Blast and cruise, no yo-yoing of the hormones and body composition, but the long term effects aren't well known, and then cruising can be good to give your body a break but at the same time PCT drugs are quite the healthiest thing either and theres that yo-yoing going on with hormones and gains. Last time I got blood work done was 6-7 months into my blast and cruise, so about 2 months ago, and everything came back completely normal. Nothing was off. BP was 112/72, HDL and LDL were fine, creatinine levels were fine (kidney), and so were liver values and everything else. To those of you that blast and cruise, do you EVER plan on coming off or literally stay on for good and eventually just stay on TRT once you're older. Want to here other peoples opinions and experiences as well. Some pics within the last 2 months...
Not going to comment on this as I have no experience with blasting or cruising but you are ****ing jacked man. Keep up the good work

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Not going to comment on this as I have no experience with blasting or cruising but you are ****ing jacked man. Keep up the good work
Thank you. Just extremely undecided. I've come off before with no problems and looked amazing once I cut down, but that was different. That was after just DZine cycle for 8 weeks. 12 months of blast and cruise is a bit different. I'm just worried taking 5 months off will leave me back to where I was 12 months ago, even if I continue to train my ass off and eat enough with good PCT. And like I said I'm in this for good so I'm thinking cruise might be the way to go, but at the same time it'll be a good break completely coming off. ****

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Thank you. Just extremely undecided. I'm come off before with no problems and looked amazing once I cut down, but that was different. That was after just DZine cycle for 8 weeks. 12 months of blast and cruise is a bit different. I'm just worried taking 5 months off will leave me back to where I was 12 months ago, even if I continue to train my ass off and eat enough with good PCT. And like I said I'm in this for good so I'm thinking cruise might be the way to go, but at the same time it'll be a good break completely coming off. ****
Do you compete? What is you reasoning to keep being on? You can make gains off cycle, just not as many as you would while on. At this point though if you are set on cruising I would continue to cycle but plan on going to a doc and starting TRT within the next few month so you can continue to cycle and not have to worry about the effects of coming off on test production

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Why not get off for 6 months, work your ass off eat like a monster and then see if you like the results?

If you're not happy with the results then at least you know for next time.

6 months is such a short time in the scheme of things. Just my opinion though bro, keep kicking ass.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Do you compete? What is you reasoning to keep being on? You can make gains off cycle, just not as many as you would while on. At this point though if you are set on cruising I would continue to cycle but plan on going to a doc and starting TRT within the next few month so you can continue to cycle and not have to worry about the effects of coming off on test production
No I don't. I have in the past but decided its not for me. Too much bull****, politics,such a waste of time and money all for nothing, in my opinion. The reason for staying on is just to build the best physique I can and just continuously improve and keep up the look and the strength. But you're right, off cycle I can still do so but just not anywhere near as fast. It doesn't work that way. A guy in his twenties can't just go to the doc and get prescribed test just because he wants to blast and cruise. I'll just have to see how I feel in December and make a decision to cruise or come off. I'm thinking I'll come off but we'll see. If I was much older, I'd cruise, but cause of my age, I'm thinking coming off would be better for now. It'll be tough mentally

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Why not get off for 6 months, work your ass off eat like a monster and then see if you like the results?

If you're not happy with the results then at least you know for next time.

6 months is such a short time in the scheme of things. Just my opinion though bro, keep kicking ass.
Very very true. Can always just go back on if I'm not liking it. Last time I came off, last November, it actually wasn't bad at all. Came off for 12 weeks and it was no problem. Strength didn't drop too much either. I was bulked up to the max and couldnt gain any more weight no matter how much I ate so I couldn't even tell a difference really physically when coming off. Was only on test though, thats mainly all I run. But I'm thinking if I come off the best approach to take would be to slowly lower test little by little till I'm completely off. That way the drop in size and strength won't be one sudden drastic drop.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude if you look like that while cycling and PCTing I would keep doing it. No need to possibly **** with your body even more buy staying on. Unless you want to stay on forever.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Dude if you look like that while cycling and PCTing I would keep doing it. No need to possibly **** with your body even more buy staying on. Unless you want to stay on forever.
Well prior to this current blast and cruise (or 9 month cycle, whatever u want to call it) I've only run 3 cycles. One just Dzine, one just test, and another test and superdrol. But for the past 9 months I've been on. So this is more of the result of being on cycle for 9 months. But I really wouldnt mind staying on forever. twice a week injections of just a bit of test is nothing at all. But its not about do I want to stay on forever or not. I wouldn't mind that. It's just something hit me this morning and I'm thinking more long term health, but at the same time, I don't run crazy stuff. I'll never touch tren, EQ, and I'll never run anavar again, I'd do mast again. I'll probably stay with deca, npp, and test as long as I'm alive and running gear. So it's tempting to just blast and cruise since I'm usually on just test alone the majority of the time

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
I'd pct brotha, you look great and if cycling did that, why change up.. Your still young my man, enjoy it..

A couple months off won't crush those gains..
You have a solid off cycle plan, so I'd run with that.. Can always just pound natty supps for the mental edge so your not feeling naked, there's some good options out there that provide decent results for OTC products..

You've achieved a lot, congrats..

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
I'd pct brotha, you look great and if cycling did that, why change up.. Your still young my man, enjoy it..

A couple months off won't crush those gains..
You have a solid off cycle plan, so I'd run with that.. Can always just pound natty supps for the mental edge so your not feeling naked, there's some good options out there that provide decent results for OTC products..

You've achieved a lot, congrats..
Thanks and yeah thats a good point again. It won't hurt coming off. In terms of muscle mass and strength yes, but I can always just get back on if I want. I think I'll be able to handle coming off. My bodies been a pin cushion for the past 9 months lol so it'll be good to not have to pin either. Thats why I mainly want to stick with long esters too from now on. Yeah I'll be taking a good amount of DAA if I come off. Which it looks like I will. Still have another 3 months to decide. But you guys are all making good points.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Wow, First off I have to tell you that you have an amazing physique! Are you taking clen, DNP or diuretics as well? if so, you may stop these and just keep the gear jmo, and keep up the good work!

Second, I perfectly understand you, being on is amazing, that physique is nearly impossible to have without gear and you look fantastic, not to mention all the motivation and drive that gear gives you every day, I am not gonna lie, being on forever tempts me sometimes too, but health is a concern (always), you need to consider if you plan to have kids as well. On the other hand, TRT is an acceptable route and that is like being on forever, I am not sure which blast and cruise protocol would you use, I am also not very knowledgeable in blast and cruise cycles, but if I were to go that route, I would blast for 3 months and cruise for 6/8 months with 150 mg of test per week, this suggestion maybe silly because then blast and cruise may be pointless using this protocol, but I am pretty sure that 150 mg is still above average test and should be enough to maintain gains at some point if you adjust your training.

Again, I dont have your physique level and take my sugestions with a grain of salt, but like other said, taking time off is better, PCT should be the route and being prepared mentally as well, I dont think youll go back to 0, and after some time off you can always go back on gear, maybe at age of 35/40 blast and cruise would be more acceptable, considering that TRT is widely used.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Wow, First off I have to tell you that you have an amazing physique! Are you taking clen, DNP or diuretics as well? if so, you may stop these and just keep the gear jmo, and keep up the good work!

Second, I perfectly understand you, being on is amazing, that physique is nearly impossible to have without gear and you look fantastic, not to mention all the motivation and drive that gear gives you every day, I am not gonna lie, being on forever tempts me sometimes too, but health is a concern (always), you need to consider if you plan to have kids as well. On the other hand, TRT is an acceptable route and that is like being on forever, I am not sure which blast and cruise protocol would you use, I am also not very knowledgeable in blast and cruise cycles, but if I were to go that route, I would blast for 3 months and cruise for 6/8 months with 150 mg of test per week, this suggestion maybe silly because then blast and cruise may be pointless using this protocol, but I am pretty sure that 150 mg is still above average test and should be enough to maintain gains at some point if you adjust your training.

Again, I dont have your physique level and take my sugestions with a grain of salt, but like other said, taking time off is better, PCT should be the route and being prepared mentally as well, I dont think youll go back to 0, and after some time off you can always go back on gear, maybe at age of 35/40 blast and cruise would be more acceptable, considering that TRT is widely used.
Thank you and no I've never run clen, dnp, or any diuretics. In the first pic I'm only on test at 500 mg, second pic I'm on test, anavar at 75 mg ED, and mast at 600 mg/week. Last picture was two weeks after the mast and anavar and only on 300 mg test.

And yeah 150 mg probably is enough. I mean I'm sure I'd lose some, but not any where near as much if I were to completely come off.

I'll just have to think about it a lot over the next 2 months. Beginning of December is when I'd come off if I decide to do so.

My plan of tapering the test might really help dealing with the mental part of coming off if I do come off. Like I'd start out at 300 mg test for 2 weeks, then 200-250 for 2 weeks, and then 150-200 for a week, 100, and then come off. That way it wont be sudden drop in test, strength, and size.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Well since everyone is advising you to come off I'll be different and say, **** it bro stay on! Your stacked man! Id just drop the test down to 200mg for 8 weeks or so to give your body a break.
But chances are after cycling for 9 months continuously you may not be able to get your hpta back up and running. That's a long time to be suppressed and talking from experience of someone that didn't recover it's really not a fun time having low T and seeing your body shrink on the daily, not to mention the mood swings and depression. You might recover fine but you might not as well. I'd just eliminate the risk of feeling like **** and cruise on a low dose.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Well since everyone is advising you to come off I'll be different and say, **** it bro stay on! Your stacked man! Id just drop the test down to 200mg for 8 weeks or so to give your body a break.
But chances are after cycling for 9 months continuously you may not be able to get your hpta back up and running. That's a long time to be suppressed and talking from experience of someone that didn't recover it's really not a fun time having low T and seeing your body shrink on the daily, not to mention the mood swings and depression. You might recover fine but you might not as well. I'd just eliminate the risk of feeling like **** and cruise on a low dose.
Yeah this is something I'm considering too. I'm in this for good anyways. Whether I cycle or not I'm sure Ill end up on TRT cause if I cycle, I'll probably be doing it till my late 40's, early 50's. And I wouldn't cruise for only 8 weeks, it'd be a good 5-6 months. Good to hear other opinions. So tough to decide cause there are many pro's and con's to both options. Cycling to me honestly sounds stupid just because it constant yo-yoing of muscle mass, strength, and hormones. I feel like if you actually blast and cruise responsibly and not blast blast blast, 2 week cruise, blast blast blast and actually do - time blasting = time cruising, then you'd be pretty safe. But we don't know for sure.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Bump for more opinions.

Another thing I was thinking was maybe cut down first while on cycle, cruise dose, and get lean and then come off so I can at least do a 6-8 months lean bulk not on anything instead of just coming off after the bulk and just maintaining and not making any progress for 6-8 months. I'm not going to cut without being on anything.

Mongoose64

Awards
If your already planning on trt and not worried about natural test production I would just say keep blast cruising. When your cutting on a cruise throw in some ec or clen. Then when bulking up the dose and add in whatever other compound works for you for bulking. I would say it would be "safer" to cycle on and off so your natural test production can be restored. But it really depends on your goals and how much you are willing you are to abuse your body.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
In the end, its your body. Crashed t levels suck beyond words. Trt is awesome beyond words. I'd be a little wary of self prescribed trt through UGL's since they close down on occasion and don't always have consistent raws. But if you've assessed the risk vs reward thoroughly, you should be able to make your decision. But it may be difficult to get on RX trt looking as jacked as you are.
For me, I had to suffer with an hpta that didn't recover and some half-truths to get on trt. But I'm not 20... You may bounce back easily. Or not....
Just some $0.02. Let us know how you decide

audix2359

audix2359

Awards
I have no advice for you - sorry. Deciding to basically go on TRT for life while you are in your 20's is a very personal decision. Based on your pictures and posts you do sound like you are in mature enough to make the decision, and you're clearly dedicated in the gym.

You have obviously put in a ton of hard work, you have a physique to be proud of. It's also great to see your dosages, very moderate compared to many.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
I have no advice for you - sorry. Deciding to basically go on TRT for life while you are in your 20's is a very personal decision. Based on your pictures and posts you do sound like you are in mature enough to make the decision, and you're clearly dedicated in the gym.

You have obviously put in a ton of hard work, you have a physique to be proud of. It's also great to see your dosages, very moderate compared to many.
yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to try coming off and see how it goes. But I think I'm going to come off after I cruise for a good 4 months to cut down and get lean first so I can bulk while I'm off cycle. It'd be a waste of time, making no progress, if I were to come off at the end of my bulk cause I'd just be maintaining that cause theres no way I'd cut off cycle and risk losing a lot.

At my age too, I can probably recover very well despite being on for a long time. I've always recovered just fine before and I've run a 12+ week cycle in the past.

In the end, its your body. Crashed t levels suck beyond words. Trt is awesome beyond words. I'd be a little wary of self prescribed trt through UGL's since they close down on occasion and don't always have consistent raws. But if you've assessed the risk vs reward thoroughly, you should be able to make your decision. But it may be difficult to get on RX trt looking as jacked as you are.
For me, I had to suffer with an hpta that didn't recover and some half-truths to get on trt. But I'm not 20... You may bounce back easily. Or not....
Just some $0.02. Let us know how you decide
Yeah we'll see. Never thought about UGL's closing down. Thats a good point even though I have like 3-4 different sources. I'll update this thread months from now stating my decision and then again months later saying how it all turned out.

If your already planning on trt and not worried about natural test production I would just say keep blast cruising. When your cutting on a cruise throw in some ec or clen. Then when bulking up the dose and add in whatever other compound works for you for bulking. I would say it would be "safer" to cycle on and off so your natural test production can be restored. But it really depends on your goals and how much you are willing you are to abuse your body.
I'll never mess with clen or ec. I'm really not too worried about test really. Although I should be but once/twice a week pins for life doesnt concern me. Doesnt sound too bad after running cycle where you've pinned 6 days a week no problem.

But I'm 95% set right now on coming off after I cruise for a bit a get very lean. The long cruise and tapering down the test I think is a great idea to help me cope with losing size and strength and adjusting to the new look of not being on

Thanks for all your responses.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
OP if your not going to compete, what is the gain here?

I get you want physique and size (all that good stuff) but at what cost?

I could understand being on for life, but that would be to achieve Olympia status.

If that's your goal then go for it.

I think you really need to sit down and think about your goals and then make a decision.
I want to be big and look good, but I'll never be an Olympia champion.

So I cycle, and I'll go until I reach my desired size and then do the rest naturally.

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
OP if your not going to compete, what is the gain here?

I get you want physique and size (all that good stuff) but at what cost?

I could understand being on for life, but that would be to achieve Olympia status.

If that's your goal then go for it.

I think you really need to sit down and think about your goals and then make a decision.
I want to be big and look good, but I'll never be an Olympia champion.

So I cycle, and I'll go until I reach my desired size and then do the rest naturally.
I know that's my thinking as well. It wasn't at first, 9 months ago, now it is. But yes, I will be coming off after I cruise for a bit after this bulk and cut back down and get really lean so I can do a nice slow lean bulk while I'm off cycle. And from that point forward I will be sticking with cycling.

All this talk has me kinda excited now to come off. It'll be a nice break. If I've built the physique I have at my age off cycling thus far, it's obviously worked with no health problems at all so might as well stick with it.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I know that's my thinking as well. It wasn't at first, 9 months ago, now it is. But yes, I will be coming off after I cruise for a bit after this bulk and cut back down and get really lean so I can do a nice slow lean bulk while I'm off cycle. And from that point forward I will be sticking with cycling.
Right on!

I hope everything works out for you like you want it too!

Mik3

Mik3

Awards
Right on!

I hope everything works out for you like you want it too!
Thanks. I hope so too. Will update this thread several months from now if I remember. Very curious to see how this turns out myself.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Id reecomed coming off for 1-4 months and hoping back on. If you cool with bein on for life then this is the way to go. Eventually trt will be needed...but not for a while.