Life span of PH's etc.

warrior737

Awards
If you purchase some Oral PH's onsale how long would you be able to hoard them before there not good? up until an expiration date or far beyond that? How about storing them as well? What would work best? A cold dark room? or fridge? What would store best pills, trasdermals, oral suspension?

Just some random thoughts...

wray98

wray98

Awards
Keep them in the fridge/freezer if you can once the date is expired. After the expiration date I would assume they lose about 5-10% effectiveness with each passing year. Pills will store the best in my opinion. I saved a couple bottles of the old Methyl-D Extreme from Gaspari from way back in the day, put them in the fridge and used them off and on for about 2 years after they expired. I honestly didn't notice a difference in effectiveness, so its possible storing them correctly eliminates all risk of them going bad. Good luck!

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I have some M-drol a couple years past it's expiration date. It's still just as potent. I don't even store in freezer. It's just in my cupboard, in a ziploc bag with some of those moisture packets in it.

Viking23

Awards
As long as they are in a dry place. They will last for years past expiration date. Anything that is consumed has to have expiration dates. Plus these companies would make as much money if you knew you can keep these OTC or controlled meds for years.
They say it can lose its potency but that takes along time and I believe that is because most the time its from humidity getting to the med and causing it to breakdown. I would say you easily have 10 years past expiration if stored correctly.

I pulled out my back a few months ago and came across some old percs I had in my med cabinet from a surgery a little over a decade ago and they were 10 years past expiration and they worked fine

warrior737

Awards
I have had some vitamins in the past look very hard and clumpy after a year or so. This is mostly my concern. I wanna stock up a bit and plan out a few runs but don't want to waste my dough.

Viking23

Awards
if they are getting clumpy then there must be moisture in the air.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have some M-drol a couple years past it's expiration date. It's still just as potent. I don't even store in freezer. It's just in my cupboard, in a ziploc bag with some of those moisture packets in it.
That's the easiest way to do it;)