Injection pain at skin

michaelr7170

Awards
Hey guys, been running test e for 4 weeks now at 500mg per week (2x 250)Today was injection day, and I've been doing ventrogluteal injections since day one with no issues at all, alternating sides each injection. This is also my first cycle ever.

Today however, when piercing my skin with the needle, it was extremely painful! Couldn't get it passed the surface. Had to move further down the vg site where it was ok. Has anyone experienced this? I understand sometimes you hit nerves, etc but how can I avoid this from happening again? Anything I should look out for?

Thanks guys

srblan

Awards
  • Established
What gauge? Also, are you drawing with a different pin than you're shooting?

michaelr7170

Awards
25ga 1in I inject with, draw with a separate needle, 18ga

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You prob hit scar tissue from a past injection. It's tough to do but in a small site like vg it's more likely. You should try rotating in more sites to avoid any chance of this. Hurts like a biitch if you hit it.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I get that all the time.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you let the alcohol dry all the way after you disinfected?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to rotate spots. You can't pin only one area and expect the area to have enough time to heal between injections.

michaelr7170

Awards
Thanks for the advice.. The vg site has been so convenient and pain free so far, guess my luck is running out. Surprised to have scar tissue like that all the same after just 4 weeks, but I'm new to this so still learning of course.

michaelr7170

Awards
Did you let the alcohol dry all the way after you disinfected?
Maybe not long enough, didn't think about that actually... Could have added to the sting for sure, makes sense. But it sounded weird, I heard the needle when it pierced the skin quite easily, and bled more than usual. What about veins, hurt when you hit them? I try to avoid the surface veins but sometimes with poor lighting it can be difficult to see them

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scar tissue is highly unlikely being you are so new to injections. You definitely need to rotate more locations. You may have been partially flexing without realizing it which could and will lead to the pain you experienced. Could have hit a nerve or maybe just not long enough between hitting the same area. Nothing to worry about as it is common for some injections to be more painful than others.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Scar tissue is highly unlikely being you are so new to injections. You definitely need to rotate more locations. You may have been partially flexing without realizing it which could and will lead to the pain you experienced. Could have hit a nerve or maybe just not long enough between hitting the same area. Nothing to worry about as it is common for some injections to be more painful than others.
There will be scar tissue after every single wound. I'm talking skin scar tissue not im

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you pinned without letting the alcohol dry.

Right glute, left quad, right lat, left glute, right quad, left lat. And repeat.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe not long enough, didn't think about that actually... Could have added to the sting for sure, makes sense. But it sounded weird, I heard the needle when it pierced the skin quite easily, and bled more than usual. What about veins, hurt when you hit them? I try to avoid the surface veins but sometimes with poor lighting it can be difficult to see them
U may have hit a vein.
I've had it happen ( quad).. I went to high up n it did make a bit of a pop sound n it did bleed more that time, but it wasn't painful...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you pinned without letting the alcohol dry. Right glute, left quad, right lat, left glute, right quad, left lat. And repeat.
I don't think I've ever "let the alcohol dry". That is news to me that it could cause pain. Interesting.

I've used that same rotation for years but now have included delts as of late. Never realized how easy they could be now I hit then constantly.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah if I don't let the prep dry that **** stings pretty bad lol.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Only issue I've had was from my Prop at 150mg
Bruised up my cheek lol
Hurts for a few days, no choice but to rotate..
I prefer the delts though..

MuscleJ

Awards
Let the alcohol dry too that can be painful but deffiantly switch spots up

michaelr7170

Awards
I'll have to start rotating more, maybe try my quads next. I get zero pip in my vg except for the first few times but I blame that on virgin muscles and me being nervous with the pinning. I figured because they aren't sore, red, or the least bit tender they were fine to keep injecting, after all they get a week to heal each time

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you aspirate when doing delts? I feel like it would be tough keeping the needle steady.. You have help from anyone?
I don't aspirate. (Any more)

But when I was first injecting, I started with delts and aspirated just fine with one hand.
Guess you have to have good finger mobility.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll have to start rotating more, maybe try my quads next. I get zero pip in my vg except for the first few times but I blame that on virgin muscles and me being nervous with the pinning. I figured because they aren't sore, red, or the least bit tender they were fine to keep injecting, after all they get a week to heal each time
Huh, wait till you start using prop an ace.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you aspirate when doing delts? I feel like it would be tough keeping the needle steady.. You have help from anyone?
I aspirate on delts with no issue. Same as any other site.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I never get pip with tren ace but higher then 100mg prop is nasty. Vg pins had my hips so stiff I had to waddle around for days

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's weird the variance because they usually have the same amount of BA required to put the hormone in solution.

michaelr7170

Awards
I aspirate on delts with no issue. Same as any other site.
Ya I've just been using two hands to do so, which you can't do with delts of course. I think I'm just too paranoid about the needle moving around at all once it's buried in, I keep one hand on it to keep it steady then pull the plunger with my other.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I've just been using two hands to do so, which you can't do with delts of course. I think I'm just too paranoid about the needle moving around at all once it's buried in, I keep one hand on it to keep it steady then pull the plunger with my other.
That would make the difference as I use one hand for the whole process. Being well over 100 injects in maybe it's just the practice that helped. I know in my first few injects nerves alone made the whole process sketchy.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would make the difference as I use one hand for the whole process. Being well over 100 injects in maybe it's just the practice that helped. I know in my first few injects nerves alone made the whole process sketchy.
Yea, once you get accustomed, you just stick, squeeze (or aspirate then squeeze if that's your thing) pull out, cover, move on.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea, once you get accustomed, you just stick, squeeze (or aspirate if that's your thing) pull out, cover, move on.
Wait you're supposed to pull out???

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Me as well.

I get used to tren ace quick, prop hurts like a 90mph fastball.
Funny thing with tren ace is I get pretty intense initial pain but im mostly better the next day. Prop kills me for 3 days or so after injection.
I use 200mg per ml tren ace though, and 150mg per ml prop. Ill order some eo soon and cut the ace by %30 or so.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only issue I've had was from my Prop at 150mg
Bruised up my cheek lol
Hurts for a few days, no choice but to rotate..
I prefer the delts though..
Stop pinning your face.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aspirateing isn't the hard part.....trying to z track is the tuff part. I couldn't get enough pull on the muscle so I just air pack when I pin delts now.

michaelr7170

Awards
Aspirateing isn't the hard part.....trying to z track is the tuff part. I couldn't get enough pull on the muscle so I just air pack when I pin delts now.
Maybe if you use the corner of a wall or something? Lean the back side of your shoulder against the corner and rotate your body a little to pull the skin. What do you mean by air pack?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prop I used as a kick had 0 PIP. Excellent stuff
Yep, very jealous of this... 100mg/ml and I was limping from every quad glute or vg shot... so basically all the time. had to tell people I hurt my foot ha.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe if you use the corner of a wall or something? Lean the back side of your shoulder against the corner and rotate your body a little to pull the skin. What do you mean by air pack?
Leave about a half ml of air behind the oil in the syringe. When it comes out it basically packs the oil in by spreading it out. Old school stuff and it's a bit weird to do at first.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Leave about a half ml of air behind the oil in the syringe. When it comes out it basically packs the oil in by spreading it out. Old school stuff and it's a bit weird to do at first.
never tried this before... I almost always have issues with delts leaking

michaelr7170

Awards
Thanks for the advice everyone, good hearing your experiences. Pinned my left delt today for the first time. 1in 25ga and no pain whatsoever. Some minor pip but not too bad at all. Not much issue with leaking either. I was wondering if I should use the 5/8 instead for my delts but because I can't z track I figured deeper the better

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the advice everyone, good hearing your experiences. Pinned my left delt today for the first time. 1in 25ga and no pain whatsoever. Some minor pip but not too bad at all. Not much issue with leaking either. I was wondering if I should use the 5/8 instead for my delts but because I can't z track I figured deeper the better
1" is fine. No need to go shorter. Pip won't come on for at least 12hrs or so but with e you should be fine. Worst case a little stiff

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree I would stick with 1 inch on delts. I've also used 1.5 but prefer 1 inch.

michaelr7170

Awards
Ya today is better than yesterday, no soreness at all. Last night it was sore but nothing major.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be nervous using a 1.5 on my delts I think.. Seems awful deep
Never had an issue. Of course you have to have some meat on your arms to feel comfortable with it though. ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys use test suspension? .5ml suspension in the vg. Never ever ever again!!!