On TRT/Arimidex, question about when to take dose

StGP

Awards
Hello all...
New to this forum so I apologize if this question has been asked and answered. While I am new here, I do belong to other forums and am familiar with the suggested .25 or .5 dose with a frequency of EOD or E3D. That being said....

I've been on TRT for a little more than a year. The results and success of my treatments are always confounded by estradiol movement. I've learned that a subq injection is best for me. I was doing 60 mg E3D but this week my Dr. switched me to 40mg EOD. So here is where I could use the help. He has me on a .25 dose EOD, doing my shot in the AM and the taking the pill at noon. On day one and early in day 2, I get anxious, feel bloated, a bit foggy and my eyes get watery. By the night before my injection we found that my aromatization activity was subsiding a bit. (We found this out by doing a full 24 hour urine panel) I'm curious if I should take the dose the night before my shot to have a load in my system before I inject? (I just cant seem to find the time (and maybe dose) that really works. It's just like clockwork, I inject and 3 hours later my eyes get messed up and I get a bit of fog. I don't have my exact labs from my most recent stuff from this week in front of me but, my test was at 1130, my SHBG was 17, my free test was about 300 but my estradiol was about 50 with most other supporting estrogen metabolites (estrone etc) all more than double the range.

Also, should I pop a .5 dose in here to get my levels down faster and then continue with the .25?

I appreciate your reading any any advice you have.

StGP

Awards
Almost forgot...I did have estradiol labs as high as 90 and as low as 6 just to illustrate the fluctuation I have been dealing with and my goal is to get leaner again but as of now, Im carrying 25 lbs of bell weight that I'm sure is not helping.

Thanks again

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
This may not be what you are looking for but ill give u my thoughts.

With t levels of ~1200 e2 at 50 isnt horrible but you may just be more sensitive to it. You seem to be dosing just fine. Maybe adex isnt for you. Id say aromasin because its a suicidal inhibitor but ins wont cover that for a male. But its easy enough to get. Or you could try my fav ai which is formestane. Im not personally e2 sensitive and have run test as high as 750/week and kept my e2 in check with 25mg aromasin once per week. While on trt dose I use 50mg form once per week. But thats me and I wouldnt recommend that protocol to someone else its just what works for me.

In the end if you want to drop your e2 I would try switchibg ai's to one of the suicidal inhibitors

StGP

Awards
Thanks ambulldog. I may end up asking to go with Aromasin. I guess another concern I have is that with level that are already high and doing a shot EOD, are my levels going to go down at all doing .25 EOD are will they just allow me to maintain my current E levels?

Thanks

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Well an eod shot of test cyp isnt necessary to begin with but it could, not necessarily, keep yourr levels a little higher as it could always be peaking. Which could be bad for someone who seems so e2 sensitive. Although like I said 55 isnt horrible for your test leveld you may just be more sensitive sides wise to any elevation in levels.

As for aromasin. Your dr can prescribe it to you but your insurance will undoubtedly not cover it as it is a drug for women, period. But again its ez to procure and formestane is otc.

Trt is trickt in yhe beginning. Finding a sweet spot where you feel good overall but with levels not too high. My levels typicalky about tt-1300, ft > 300, e2 in the low 20's. I personally battle with lower shbg at times.

StGP

Awards
My Dr. suggested the EOD shot because more frequent but lower dose injections are supposed to minimize aromatization. for what it's worth, I felt the same doing the shot once in 5 days, E3D etc. It's like clockwork; I do the shot and 3 hours later (Arimidex or not), I get very blurry vision with fog and anxiety. I last for about 36 hours. It's just BEYOND frustrating that a fix is so elusive.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Is odd no doubt. Honeztly after reading that I highly doubt e2 is the issue or it would probably be aroubd all the time. Could be a peak in androgens but thats pretty fast. Could be you making yoyrself worry into anxiety or panic attack???

StGP

Awards
The doc feels that E is the culprit. Anxiety levels are for sure affected but, this isn't hat. I, like many others, have become very aware of the physiological and chemical changes with the injection and subsequent roller coaster ride. The 24 hour urine test showed me what moved 48 hours after the dose and E is outta whack. My vision gets so blurred at times that I cant see 3 foot away but, 36 hours later it's back to normal. We tested androgen response and adrenal function and all were in line for the 24 hour span. I do appreciate your feedback.