March 21st: Bring on the Superdrol

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I have patiently been waiting for months to get started on my SD. I am finishing up my 5th week of UD 2.0, then I will train light for a few days, take a week off, then get started on the SD.

For my first cycle I am going to run straight SD for 3-4 weeks. I will decide depending on how I am responding and the retention of gains by the 3 weekers (Bohica/Deoudes) at that point. In my previous cycle I ate between 4000 and 5000 cals per day. I am going to keep it a bit lower this time, as Bohica seemed to get great results with about 500 above maintenance (if I recall correctly).

I am going to run 10mg per day for at least the first week, then use judgment from that point onward. I do not plan to run above 20mg for any reason b/c I think I respond well to anabolics, and I want my precious SD to last as long as possible. I might stack it with some combination of norderm, 4derm and 1,4 andro in the next few months. For now, I want to see what SD only will do for me.

Stats:
6'0"
175lbs (depleted/should be at 180-182 by Monday w/refeed)
7-8%bf
I think I have a fairly narrow frame, small joints, bones, etc., as I appear more muscular than my weight would suggest. I will try to post a pic if I can get my hands of a digi cam before I start the cycle. I would love to get some feedback on what people think I should work on.

Training Experience:
I am a former alcohnlic/drug abuser. I got into running as a way to clean up and find an outlet for my decadent ways. I started running a bit more than 4 years ago and got right into marathoning. I did too much to soon and set myself up for some chronic injuries (though I had some very good results). Plus, I realized that the freaky physique of a marathoner is not what I aspire to. So I found bbing. I started with Body-for-Life, which worked for a while. When I began I was weak. I could barely do 2 or 3 pullups (now I can do sets of 12-15); I started out doing DB bench with 25lb dumbells. It took me a long time to figure out how to gain muscle:frustrate In 2003 I added a solid 10lbs of muscle naturally. I added another 15+ lean lbs in 2004. I have learned an incredible amount about training, nutrition, and to a lesser degree supplementation in the last 2 years. I consider myself a lifetime learner, and the topic fascinates me. I did about a year of research before touching my first PH.

Previous PH experience:
I ran one cycle of Norderm/4derm cycle in September. I retained about 10lbs from a 26 day cycle at 400mg per day of each compound (transdermals). I think this is a solid result from a fairly low dose, which is why I suspect that I am a good responder, at least to those compounds. I was meticulous, and the cycle went well. The only thing I didn't like was the "Deca-Dick" courtesy of the nordiol. 4AD gave me a libido like an absolute beast to the point that it was extremely distracting.

Training:
I have not settled on a training split yet, but I am considering something like:
Mon: Chest/Tris/Delts
Tues: Back/Bis/Traps
Weds: Legs/Abs
Thurs: Rest
Fri: Chest Tris/Delts
Sat: Back/Bis/Traps
Sun: Legs/Abs

I will stop one rep short of failure with this split, hit all rep ranges (3-6/8-12 and 1 set of 15-20) and probably just do about 7 sets per big bodyparts and 4 sets per small. I may just train legs once per week, and I will add in additional rest days as seems appropriate.

PCT:
I have 3 or 4 bottles of nolva, so I will probably run that. I know people say that SD doesn't require as much PCT, but I am going to err on the side of caution and do as many weeks of PCT as I do on SD. I might also look into getting sledge's Rebound XT, but I think I will save that till I do a more estrogenic cycle (1,4/SD sometime this summer).

Any suggestions are welcome; that is why I am posting this 2 weeks before starting. I am grateful for having found this board a few months ago. I am here reading may more than my posts would suggest. This board saved me from bb.com and introduced me to SD.

Thanks to all of you:cheers:

Last edited:
Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
Good luck Beo, only a couple weeks of waiting to go!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good detail Beo. I am chomping at the bit myself to start SD!

GymRat06

Board Supporter
Awards
Looking forward to the log as well and this place has saved me from bb.com as well. :-D

Oh yea, atleast you guys have some SD :sad: :frustrate :rant: hehe

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on using practical common sense regarding this, "waste not, want not" good luck with it!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Very good. We have a lot in common besides the same pre-workout cocktail. I am on a SD cycle right now, starting week 3 Mon. Started at 20mg/day, but felt little for 1 1/2 weeks so I'm doing 30 now along with 50-75mg MDHT. Just today (a non workout day) I started feeeling some strong (but not painful...good) "pumps" in my back, shoulders, and tri's especially, but other than this (at 2 weeks in) I haven't "felt" much of anything. I am a little busy, so I don't have a log going, but I may start one. I am up 2 1/2 lbs since starting, but it's up and down daily due to my not weighing at consistent times, etc. Week 3 will be SD, MDHT and Oratropin. Weeks 4-5 will be OT and M4OHN. Weeks 6-8will be back on SD, a 4th week of OT and possibly with the addition of some M4OHN. (If the SD really takes hold, I won't even use the M4OHN. )

Looks like your plan is solid. Best of luck. I'll post any significant findings, for sure. Will be interesting to se how you fare.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes a guy wants to keep doses low enough so as to avoid the "pumps" or muscle cramps that can ruin workouts. No workouts, no gains

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think its underwater demolition training for SEALS

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Very good. We have a lot in common besides the same pre-workout cocktail. I am on a SD cycle right now, starting week 3 Mon. Started at 20mg/day, but felt little for 1 1/2 weeks so I'm doing 30 now along with 50-75mg MDHT. Just today (a non workout day) I started feeeling some strong (but not painful...good) "pumps" in my back, shoulders, and tri's especially, but other than this (at 2 weeks in) I haven't "felt" much of anything. I am a little busy, so I don't have a log going, but I may start one. I am up 2 1/2 lbs since starting, but it's up and down daily due to my not weighing at consistent times, etc. Week 3 will be SD, MDHT and Oratropin. Weeks 4-5 will be OT and M4OHN. Weeks 6-8will be back on SD, a 4th week of OT and possibly with the addition of some M4OHN. (If the SD really takes hold, I won't even use the M4OHN. )

Looks like your plan is solid. Best of luck. I'll post any significant findings, for sure. Will be interesting to se how you fare.

I'm VERY interested in what happens when you add the oratropin. So if you don't keep a log then post your results :cheers:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Ultimate Diet 2.0 :wave:
You are correct sir.:thumbsup:

It is a fairly brutal cutting plan, though I must say it hasn't been as hard as I expected. It consists of 3-4 days of almost ZERO carbs while doing cardio and depletion workouts (eliminate all glycogen). When depleted the body burns fatty acids for fuel at a greatly accelerated rate, but stay in this state for too long and you will increase the likelihood of burning muscle, accompanied by a plummet in leptin levels which means a drop in metabolism. This is the fun part. The end of the 4th day or the beginning of the 5th day is the tension workout (6-12 reps), after which you start to refeed like a mofo. I have been taking in 1000-1200g of carbs on these days. The following two days are around maintenance during which you do a power workout (3-6 reps) , then you start the cycle over again. All workouts are full body, and you are only fed for the power workout, which is why this program can be so brutal.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Milwood: Damn you for being able to afford Oratropin. J/K, but please do post results, if not a log, so that I'll know if I should spend my $$$ on that should I hit the lottery.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I will post a log to track this, as I will certainly be wanting to keep up on results myself. Probably will put it up today in the "cycles" forum, I guess, or here. So far at 2 weeks, I must say the SD isn't very pronounced for me at this point. Some have reported similarly, while some of you lucky bastards are blowing up in 1 week. With everything else going, however, I am sure this will be an intreresting and productive cycle. I am real hardgainer/ecto, so for me "blowing up" is kinda out of the question anyway. Yeah, the Oratropin is a real X factor right now. I wanted originally to use it for PCT of a shorter pure SD cycle, but with the SD not really kicking and the mad-scientist juices in me flowing, I decided to mix it all up and stretch it out. The best news for me is that the "allergy-like" reaction I got that caused me to literally drop my last cycle and unload a lot of my stash pre-ban has not returned, and I feel generally very good. I think another key element which is difficult yet absolutely valuable and necessarry for a goo cycle is the need for rest days and somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 hrs of sleep. To be contined (somewhere...)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
An Update

Well, Monday is supposed to be the day, but I am going to hold back just about a week longer. I have two reasons.

1.) My right rotator cuff has been a bit sore, so I want to take some time and keep doing the RC exercises to prep my joints for the heavy pressing that awaits them.

2.) I was just on vacation and have been taking some time off. I have been eating like a pig and I want to sharpen up my abs a bit more; they've become a wee bit blurry. I think I will do some modified UD2.0 to shed some fat, just a lb. or 2, before I start. I also think I recall someone saying that superdrol might be maximally effective if you are depleted going into it. This sounds consistent with the theory that part of superdrol's method of action is glycogen superloading. Maybe I'll start the SD one or two days before the carb load. I'm going to make the decision when I feel better about my shoulder and my abs.

Finally, once I got good and lean I noticed that my arms are lagging a bit. With the above split I will be training all muscles (or at least my whole upper body--haven't decided on legs yet) twice per week. Does anyone have any suggestions for bringing up my arms a bit on this cycle?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
very thoughtful post, B. Seems like a good plan. For the arm deal, you might try 2 different workouts for bi's and 2 for tri's, alternating. So the Tues (back/bi's/traps) workout could be a heavy bar curls bomb, maybe with something else thrown in. The next back/bi's/traps workout on Sat could be a POF type bi-day; 2-3 sets of curls (compound), 1-2 sets of seated d-bell curls (stretch), and 1-2 sets of concentration curls or machine curls(contracted), for a full range saturation. Then something similar for tri's. Just don't wanna do too much, and I guess it depends on how much indirect work your arms get from other body parts. Good luck, I'll be checking you out!!!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Mon: Chest/Tris/Delts
Tues: Back/Bis/Traps
Weds: Legs/Abs
Thurs: Rest
Fri: Chest Tris/Delts
Sat: Back/Bis/Traps
Sun: Legs/Abs
So one day off a week? I would try something else if I was you. Not even Ronnie Coleman trains 6 days a week. Even if you are doing only two sets of two exercises 6 days is a week it is still to much.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I might Do legs every five days, or something along those lines. I think I mentioned that I will stop short of failure. I'm only going to do about 7 or 8 sets for big bodyparts, and 3-4 for small ones. I trained like this for a while with good results. I got the idea from Beast.

I tend to recover pretty quickly, and I have read in many places that protein synthesis is complete within 36-48 hours after training. I made my best gains ever while training chest, back and shoulders twice weekly, arms three times, and legs once. I haven't settled on the split, but with the extra recovery from the SD, I think I'll be ok. I will consider your advice, though.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
DAY 3

I started the SD on Weds. night. I am starting out at 10mg to see how that goes, then adjust as necessary. I am also considering doing 20mg on training days and 10mg on off days.

Nothing to report yet. I did my first workout of the cycle last night. It went pretty well, but my rotator cuff is still a bit sore. I think I'll have to go a bit easy on chest throughout this cycle. I'll also continue taking care of it throughout with RC cable exercises and ice. That is about it for now. I'll be hitting the gym in a few hours, so I'll report back if there is anything new. Otherwise, I'll wait for some results before updating.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am planning on starting something similar this week, I will be watching this log closely. Great work so far and good luck!

Oh and I remember following your 19-nor log over at BB.com, I'm glad you made your way over to AM ;)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I train 6 days per week and always have. My "off" day is cardio only. I have a pseudo "off" day mid split where I just do dead lifts and/or leg extensions, Ham curls and if I don't dead lift, I'll lunge. The I do calves/abs and cardio. But that is still a lift day.

If you recover and don't feel flu-like or over-trained in any way, then keep it rolling. JMO

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I am planning on starting something similar this week, I will be watching this log closely. Great work so far and good luck!

Oh and I remember following your 19-nor log over at BB.com, I'm glad you made your way over to AM ;)
Thanks, bro. How did you know it was my 19Nor cycle at bb.com? I have a different name there. Anyways, thanks for the welcome. I'm glad I made my way over here too.:cheers:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I train 6 days per week and always have. My "off" day is cardio only. I have a pseudo "off" day mid split where I just do dead lifts and/or leg extensions, Ham curls and if I don't dead lift, I'll lunge. The I do calves/abs and cardio. But that is still a lift day.

If you recover and don't feel flu-like or over-trained in any way, then keep it rolling. JMO
Do you train to failure on this split? I'll be hitting all groups twice per week (a little less for legs), but I'll stop one rep short of failure. This is supposed to be the key to not overtraining. Of course, if you go to failure, get gains, and don't feel run down then more power to you.:thumbsup:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I train to failure with high volume until I start feeling overtrained. Then I back off to pre-failure/lower volume until I recover. It seems that strength gains are still existent for me while maintaining some level of conditioning. I hate not being conditioned to some extent so this is my happy medium. I used to do the all out bulk (rest periods with heavy lifts) and then cut like a mad man (old school philosophy) but I didn't like the way it felt and my gains seemed to dwindle during the cut. This method (at least for me) keeps me chugging along. Keep in mind that I'm no Spring chicken :p

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, bro. How did you know it was my 19Nor cycle at bb.com? I have a different name there. Anyways, thanks for the welcome. I'm glad I made my way over here too.:cheers:
Now that you mention it, I checked the log and the name is actually spf78. I guess the giveaway was the "Me llamo Beowulf" under the name. I dunno but in any case it was a good log and it (along with CF10's log) helped me with my 19-nor cycle. :)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Now that you mention it, I checked the log and the name is actually spf78. I guess the giveaway was the "Me llamo Beowulf" under the name. I dunno but in any case it was a good log and it (along with CF10's log) helped me with my 19-nor cycle. :)
Ahh, I forgot about that. That makes sense. Glad the log helped.

BTW, who is that guy in your avatar? That is the funniest bb pic I have ever seen.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
No offense bro but 6'0 175-180? Either your undereating, overtraining or both. I know guys that weigh 300lbs at your height with abs that don't train as much. I weigh 210lbs at 5'8 and I only train three days a week. I used to train five days hitting chest twice and got my bench up to 330lbs (I was in my late teens early 20's). And I look at weights and grow. Without touching a weight in three years I did 200lbs bench and a 240lb squat. I never get sore either, but I still train ony three times a week. Ask most of these guys that lift 5-6 days a week how big they are. Most will say less then 220lbs., if that. Some guys get away with more, but most don't.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on the size thing, but as recently as 2.5 years ago I was a marathoner. In late Nov. of 2002 I was a freaky 156lbs (consuming 4000-5000 cals per day). Then it took me about a year and a half to figure out the growth thing, so the majority of my growth was in the last year.

I was weighing about 190 in the fall, but I have had an extremely stressful year, so I lost track of my eating a few times and catabolized the **** out of myself a few times. I would say I am probably on the ecto end of the spectrum, so I lose muscle pretty easily. I am actually quite happy with the rate at which I am gaining mass. Now I just have to make sure I don't burn off my hard work again. It is all part of the learning process, and I have definitely learned--I'll never cut again w/o 30g of BCAA per day.

So I'll stick with this as it is similar to the bulking split that I had the most success with to date, and I will change it up in a couple of months if I am unsuccessful. I really think this is the best type of split for me.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Well I hope it works out for you. Good luck

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
No offense bro but 6'0 175-180? Either your undereating, overtraining or both. I know guys that weigh 300lbs at your height with abs that don't train as much. I weigh 210lbs at 5'8 and I only train three days a week. I used to train five days hitting chest twice and got my bench up to 330lbs (I was in my late teens early 20's). And I look at weights and grow. Without touching a weight in three years I did 200lbs bench and a 240lb squat. I never get sore either, but I still train ony three times a week. Ask most of these guys that lift 5-6 days a week how big they are. Most will say less then 220lbs., if that. Some guys get away with more, but most don't.

Age when you started lifting? Genetic make-up?? Years of AAS?? These are important things to consider when you throw out comments such as "I know guys that weigh 300lbs at your height with abs that don't train as much. I weigh 210lbs at 5'8 and I only train three days a week."

I've personally gone from 140 to 205 in 5 years. All the while staying under 15% BF. I didn't start lifting until I was 37. I've found what works for me and posted my comments (which are obviously different methods than yours). Everyone of us is different. We all have different backgrounds and respond to different types of workouts. You may be able to get away with saying "And I look at weights and grow. Without touching a weight in three years I did 200lbs bench and a 240lb squat. I never get sore either, but I still train ony three times a week." because you've been blessed with great genetics or started lifting early in life or both. Beowulf is just going to have to figure out what works best for him and define his personal goals. This is done by trial and error. You cannot generalize with comments such as the ones above. Not everyone is as gifted as you are.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Age when you started lifting? Genetic make-up?? Years of AAS?? These are important things to consider when you throw out comments such as "I know guys that weigh 300lbs at your height with abs that don't train as much. I weigh 210lbs at 5'8 and I only train three days a week."

I've personally gone from 140 to 205 in 5 years. All the while staying under 15% BF. I didn't start lifting until I was 37. I've found what works for me and posted my comments (which are obviously different methods than yours). Everyone of us is different. We all have different backgrounds and respond to different types of workouts. You may be able to get away with saying "And I look at weights and grow. Without touching a weight in three years I did 200lbs bench and a 240lb squat. I never get sore either, but I still train ony three times a week." because you've been blessed with great genetics or started lifting early in life or both. Beowulf is just going to have to figure out what works best for him and define his personal goals. This is done by trial and error. You cannot generalize with comments such as the ones above. Not everyone is as gifted as you are.
Word!

BTW, an additional reason why I do better when training with greater frequency is that I have much less appetite for protein on non-training days. It may be psychological, but on training days I never have any problems with putting away a bulking day worth of food, especially protein. On training days I have no problem eating a ton of clean foods. I take a day off and I feel like I have to force the stuff down.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
You are right everyone is differnet. And I would make gains on many routines, but I KNOW I would become over trained fairly quickly hitting the weights hardcore 6 days a week. Even most pros, who are on gear and everything else, plus have waaaay better genes then me or almost anyone on this board, don't hit the weights 6 out of 7 days.

Most people never get over 220lbs..why? Because they don't eat enough nor train productivly enough. And many of these guys use gear to compensaite for too many days in the weight room. I see to many people on the boards (and I am guilty of this as well) who are looking for some new magical supp./ gear that will push their body to new levels. When all it really takes is more time at the training table and less time in the gym. Not less work..less time. Go to steroidology.com (not a source board) and head over to the training section. And read somethings written by pullinbig and In-human. Pullinbig is a world record holder at the Masters level in PLing and In-human is a bber. Inhuman used to train high volume, many sets ect, but he could never get over 265lbs. He contacted DC and he started traing under him. He reached a high of 303lbs while only a minimal BF gain. Eat Big+ Train Heavy=Big Muscles. (A DC quote)

And for the record I don't take anything "extra" (I may have some :thumbsup: but don't quote me) but I am not using it now. Oh and I never have used before gear. As for training experiance I was pretty hardcore from '89-94. Then stopped to do other things. Came back in 2003 got injured after two months and just started back again in Dec. 2004.

And I did say good luck..didn't I?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think the key to my split is stopping 1 rep short of failure. Repeated failure is the excess stimulus that leads to overtraining. I don't doubt that if I were hitting everything twice weekly going to failure I would be fooked. But I trained this way for a few months without any symptoms of overtraining--steady gains, no abnormal fatigue, no weakened immune system,, etc.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I think the key to my split is stopping 1 rep short of failure. Repeated failure is the excess stimulus that leads to overtraining. I don't doubt that if I were hitting everything twice weekly going to failure I would be fooked. But I trained this way for a few months without any symptoms of overtraining--steady gains, no abnormal fatigue, no weakened immune system,, etc.

It's cool man. Sorry if I sounded like an ass. And in the end as long as it works for you, use it. Again good luck :wave:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i tend to agree with LCSULLA as i only train 4 days a week .. but see what works for you man and good luck with your cycle

although i do have to say i TRULY believe you'd make BETTER gains with more rest time .. its not just about the muscle recovering its also about your CNS recovering

copper2002

Awards
3-4 day work splits depending on the workout routines at the time work the best for me. I've tried training muscle groups twice a week on cycle and off and it just lead to overtraining. Hell, I never done legs more than once every week and I couldn't imagine doing so. I'm always sore 2-3 days after, even after training all these years.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i tend to agree with LCSULLA as i only train 4 days a week .. but see what works for you man and good luck with your cycle

although i do have to say i TRULY believe you'd make BETTER gains with more rest time .. its not just about the muscle recovering its also about your CNS recovering
You are training under Bobo right now, no? And you are only training 4 days a week....?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
WTF: Superdrol is overrated:(

My fuckin' ass it is overrated. :blink: Today is Day 8 of my cycle, and I have taken 12 caps so far, meaning I have averaged 15mg per day. Any big news?

Yup, I'm up 5lbs in 8 days. I"m sure it isn't pure muscle, but I feel absolutely fantastic and I just came from a great back/bis/traps/forearms workout. Life is good.:hammer: No personal bests, but I suspect that by the end of the cycle I will hit PRs in every lift.

I am loving the SD experience so far. In general, I don't feel like I am on anything (w/ a few temporary exceptions that I will elaborate on in a moment). This is actually a potential danger b/c there is so little involved in taking it that it could be easy to go w/ a very high dose. My last cycle was norderm/4derm, which required 4 time consuming derm applications daily. Now I just swig some grapefruit juice, pop 1-2 caps, swig some more gf juice and I'm done. WIth the 19Nor/4ad I could feel the effects, but w/SD my only real indication is that I feel great in the gym. My libido might be up a bit as well.

I have had some unwanted sides, but they have been temporary. On day 2 I had a headache all day, which made me think that SD and I would not be friends. It hasn't returned since. It may have been due to an increase in BP. My mom has a high quality BP monitor, but I haven't been able to finagle it away from her yet. I don't want her to see if I have high BP from the SD for obvious reasons.

I have been feeling somewhat lethargic, especially during the day. This may be due to the fact that I was taking an EC stack for the last 2 months or so, though I definitely didn't abuse it. I only used it 4 days per week. I am also busy as hell, which could be the cause. Or maybe it is the SD.

I began my workout today w/ Rack Deadlifts. I started warming up with the bar, and I felt back pumps already. I was sure this would spell disaster for Deads, squats, etc., during this cycle, after a few warmups the pumps went away. I ended up having a very enjoyable workout. I take about 6g of taurine pre-workout, and I'll pick up some bananas tomorrow. Hopefully this will keep the back pumps away.

That is about it for now. Until next time:thumbsup:

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work Beo :thumbsup: Is it better to take the Taurine at once or spread it out throughout the day?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work Beo :thumbsup: Is it better to take the Taurine at once or spread it out throughout the day?
I don't know, so I just take it before my workout. Anyone have input on this question?

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
Keep it up man, I'm looking forward to reading how your cycle goes.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Keep us updated bro! Did you decide to go with the 6 day split hitting each bp 2x/week?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Day 11: +7LBS.

Well, I continue to gain in strength and weight, and the gains appear lean. The craziest thing about this is that I have been superbusy so I have not been eating as much as I planned. Yet I'm still gaining. I am eating far less than on my first PH cycle, and yet the gains are as good without the fat gain. I am taking some time today to plan a bunch of whole food meals for the week.

My libido seems unchanged, or perhaps it has increased a bit. I was good for 3 nuts w/ my girl yesterday:hammer:.

I do feel a bit lethargic in general, but this goes away when I go to the gym, and I remain energetic afterward.

I felt great in the gym today. My endurance and agression are definitely up to the degree that I don't want to stop 1 rep short of failure as my training protocol requires. I have been steadily increasing the weights every session and it has been working great.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Keep us updated bro! Did you decide to go with the 6 day split hitting each bp 2x/week?
I am going with hitting every bodypart 2x/week, but it is actually 2xs/8days. I do chest/legs/ back/rest...repeat.

I have also modified my methods a bit.

On the first leg day I focus on quad dominant movements such as leg press with a low stance, hack squats, and leg extensions. These also hit hams, but not as hard. The following day I do back, but only the horizontal pulls. I do rack deads, barbell rows, t-bar rows and cable rows. If I were to do deadlifts the day before this my spinal erectors and lumbar region would already be toast, not to mention my traps. (I have also temporarily taken squats out of my routine as they also tax the lumbar region). By going easy on these parts with the quad dominant day I am ready to go heavy for horizontal back day, which includes bis and direct trap work.

After the back day I take a day off, then I start the cycle again. On this leg day I hit the hams hard w/ sumo deadlifts (heavy, 4-6reps), leg press with a high stance (heavy), sldls, and leg curls. For the back workout the next day I do all vertical pulls, pullups, pulldowns, and some other variations I don't really know the names of. Despite the fact that the lumbar region and the spinal erectors where taxed the previous day, they don't come into play to any great extent with the vertical pulls.

By setting my training up this way I can maximize volume and recovery simultaneously.:thumbsup:

(That might have been a bit hard to follow. Let me know if anyone has questions.)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
An Observation

Yesterday I was unable to go to the gym due to several pain in the ass interruptions. I was pumped up about going, then I was unable to go. I was a bit annoyed, but didn't think too much about it. As the day went on, I felt depressed, was anti-social, and did not make any sort of progress on wrapping up my Master's degree, which is my primary focus right now.

I was feeling the same way when for the first few hours today after I woke up, but once I got to the gym and started working out I felt great, and have ever since. I don't know if it is the SD, or if I am a bit dependent on the release of lifting, as it has been a great stress reliever for me during these hectic months. This may or may not be SD related; I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Day 12: I wasn't going to post again so soon, but: +2.6 additional lbs=+9.6 lbs

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Last night my girl hugged me, then commented that I am getting bigger. I hit the gym today and had a great workout doing vertical pulls (pullups, etc), bis and traps. I hit 6 reps on pullups with 50lbs strapped to my waist. I think that is a PR for me.

I came home and I was just feeling thicker, so I stepped on the scale and boom--another 2.6 lbs. My diet has definitely been tighter today. I haven't been gorging myself on food like I have in the past when bulking, yet I keep gaining like crazy. I have also been taking 1/4 cup of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar per Beast's reccommendation with all of my high carb meals. I have also been taking digestive enzymes with my bigger meals.

One additional observation (gonna get a bit dirty here) is that I have been pooping like crazy. I took two big dumps today, (normal, but big) and have been regular for a while now. I don't know if this is SD related, or just due to the extra food.

My general sense of well-being is soaring. I feel great. I think this is in part b/c of my training split, which taxes my muscles, but not to the point where I feel like I got my ass kicked. I leave the gym feeling like I could continue to work out, but I save the energy to study and for the next day's workout. I am definitely loving this split.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good job so far Beo, keep it up man! 3 nuts EH? Didn't know it boosted that stamina :lol: . Better stay off that scale man!! I am on day 4 @ 10mg and look fuller but I am also getting tanner so I am not sure. I get alittle lethargic at times too, but it comes and goes, like I will be really energetic for awhile, then lethargic but then energetic again. What's with the vinegar and lemon juice Beo? You going 1/2 and 1/2 with each? Nice job so far.