Oh God! Another newb!

rugbybuilder

Awards
So here's what Ive got to work with:
6 ft, 200 lb, ~15-17% bf, 22 years old
I started working out in high school at over 300 lb. Worked my ass off through college to get below 200 lb. I have a huge knowledge of bodybuilding, powerlifting, and nutrition. Despite working my ass off, I can't get back above 200 lbs without getting over 15% bf. Ive hit a wall. Bulking natty is putting on way more fat than muscle now no matter how clean i keep it, and cutting puts me back to square one. I thought I might look in to anabolics, and this site is full of information. The problem is half the **** I read flies right over my head. Could someone give me a place to start? Maybe send me some links where i can do some research? Recommend a cycle?

bigbadwolff

bigbadwolff

Banned
Awards
Gday & welcome to A.M . Mate im not trying to be rude but ur not ready IMO for juice . U said u have a huge knowledge of bb , nutrition etc , but cant put on lean mass without more BF ? For starts i'd check out the correct diet for u & maybe ur training as well . If youve plateaued then u need to change it up . As for info on Aas or Ph/Ds , there is a tonne of info in the forums , u just gotta look mate . If u have any questions mate just ask , oh by the way welcome to the family !

rugbybuilder

Awards
I do know a lot about bodybuilding and nutrition, but after training for 6 years, ive hit a wall. Maybe ive just hit a plateau, but ive twitched up my workouts and my diet has been pretty strict. Bulking just sucks for me and cutting is tedious. I have to carb cycle just to get below 10% bf. Im willing to listen to any advice. Ive also been reading through the forums, but im having trouble finding a good place to start. Thats what im asking for. Point me in the right direction.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spend your extra money on a nutrition coach or registered dietician.

Get some blood work done. Find out what's up.

Nitro41

Nitro41

Awards
  • Established
Grab a notepad, read the stickys and take notes like your in school. You gotta learn, remeber alot of info.

Reading the cycle info section is great. Everyones lists what they use and dosages typically all in their first post, and log nutrition and workout infor also. Treat it like a class. Study the info, research for several months and recognize trends in what and how people cycle.

Nobody here wants to spoonfeed every new person information, but hopefully this post will lead you down the right path to get started. When the time comes you need to make a real decision, or have a deeper and specific question, the community is great here and will certainly help you out.

Best of luck man

Nitro41

Nitro41

Awards
  • Established
So here's what Ive got to work with:
6 ft, 200 lb, ~15-17% bf, 22 years old
I started working out in high school at over 300 lb. Worked my ass off through college to get below 200 lb. I have a huge knowledge of bodybuilding, powerlifting, and nutrition. Despite working my ass off, I can't get back above 200 lbs without getting over 15% bf. Ive hit a wall. Bulking natty is putting on way more fat than muscle now no matter how clean i keep it, and cutting puts me back to square one. I thought I might look in to anabolics, and this site is full of information. The problem is half the **** I read flies right over my head. Could someone give me a place to start? Maybe send me some links where i can do some research? Recommend a cycle?
Also, whats the least you weighed? Whats your 1rm on the big 3

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I think you are bulking too hard, aka dirty bulking. Due to newer glycemic index studies done by Alan Argaron (read his work), we now know it doesn't matter as much to what you eat but how much. If you are more than 20% over your TDEE, you are dirty bulking. It is inevitable to gain some fat while bulking, but if you notice you're getting soft, back off 200 cal and adjust accordingly. As others have said, read a lot. I do about 4 hours of reading a day on various websites. Good luck bud.