DHEA and Suppression

dmilhouse

Awards
I have some DHEA related questions if anyone can help.
  1. It appears the latest trend is to add DHEA to your PCT. What exactly is the reasoning for this?
  2. Since it eventually converts to Test, doesn't it actually cause some suppression?
  3. What is the conversion rate to Test? How does this compare to 4-AD?
  4. Also, I have seen where some people take this constantly (on and off cycle). Are there any bad side affects from this?
  5. Does DHEA have a signifiacnt impact on the libido?
Thanks - MH

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cant answer all your questions but I can try with some. during pct you are trying to raise you test levels. dhea supplies you body with what it needs to make test. I dont think it is powerful enough to suppress but I heard people cycle it. dhea converts to 4ad, I think.

dmilhouse

Awards
Bump for Dr.D or anyone else with more input.

MH

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
1. It appears the latest trend is to add DHEA to your PCT. What exactly is the reasoning for this?
DHEA, when combined with an AI or suicide inhibitor may be mildly anabolic and probably provides some psychological stimulation post cycle.

2. Since it eventually converts to Test, doesn't it actually cause some suppression?
It does, but at a very low rate. It first converts to androstenedione. However, it probably converts to estrogen at a slightly higher rate than testosterone (at least in most of the pubmed studies I have found). However, androstenedione is probably mildly anabolic without any conversion to test. So, if you can keep it from aromatizing to estrogen, it should be useful post cycle. However, anything that is anabolic is going to be suppressive. I just don’t believe (no, I don’t have any solid evidence) that it is very suppressive if you can limit its potential to aromatize to estrogen.

3. What is the conversion rate to Test? How does this compare to 4-AD?
No idea. Some studies indicate it does not increase natural test levels at all.

4. Also, I have seen where some people take this constantly (on and off cycle). Are there any bad side affects from this?
I have not come across any reports of negative effects from long term use of low dose oral administration (25 – 100 mg’s ed).

5. Does DHEA have a signifiacnt impact on the libido?
Psychologically, when stacked with an AI or suicide inhibitor, it seems to have a positive effect on you general sense of well being. This may indirectly effect libido.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
DHEA is IIRC a direct pre-cursor for test (1st- or 2nd-generation?), so I really don't see how it could be considered "suppressive" in any meaningful sense.

DHEA has proven health benefits, and is closer in action to HRT than to true supplementation, as you're compensating for lowered production, rather than having "extra" in addition to normal levels.

DHEA's impact on libido is almost certainly the result of enhanced T production, and not any stimulation of it's own (though I've no doubt there may be some synergy).

It's been awhile since I freshened my memory on the topic, so I'm ready to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty confident on this.

dmilhouse

Awards
Cool Thanks for the info. What would be the idea dose to be added to Rebound XT for PCT following a 3 week superdrol cycle (210 lbs)?

MH

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D talks about it in his Superdrol log (in the DS forum) - I think 100mg on rising & then 100mg noonish would be good - he was also using fenugreek.

Check his log - it's one of the stickies over in DS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Anabolics 7
AtomicFox Supplements 7
Anabolics 35