250mg of test enough?

Testosaurus

Testosaurus

Awards
Hey all,

I've been cycling during the semester for the last 2 years and I know for a fact that when I have some gear pumping through my veins I can focus better, resume that "alpha male" complex, and am over all just more organized. I'm contemplating doing a long cycle of test 14wks at 250mg a wk. I was wondering if this amount was enough get the benefits of a 500mg per wk cycle (what I have previously done during the semester).

Pct will be the same at 40/40/20/20 tamox and 1000iu a wk of hcg.

Thanks in advance for any input

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Do 14 weeks at 500mg. Lol that's pretty mild actually.

infraredline

Awards
Hey all,

I've been cycling during the semester for the last 2 years and I know for a fact that when I have some gear pumping through my veins I can focus better, resume that "alpha male" complex, and am over all just more organized. I'm contemplating doing a long cycle of test 14wks at 250mg a wk. I was wondering if this amount was enough get the benefits of a 500mg per wk cycle (what I have previously done during the semester).

Pct will be the same at 40/40/20/20 tamox and 1000iu a wk of hcg.

Thanks in advance for any input
You're already stuck, you started too high and now you are doomed to have to use higher doses to get the same results. Sounds like you're in college to which is a totally separate issue on its own. You should have made your first cycle 250mg a week and slowly climbed your doses up overtime.

Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

Awards
Yes I think 250mg a week would be ok for the effect you are after as stated.
And you will probably get some good leans gains if train hard and eat right.

You never never know unless you have a go !

symtex21

Awards
200mg a week of pharm grade test had my tt at 1450. I felt really good, but the doc lowered me to 100mg a week. I would def split it into two injections a week for more stable levels.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had big gains when I would blast to 250 a week. People rely on the test too much and don't step up their training to match most of the time, IMO. They think you need 500+ to get the big gains, but that is the lazy approach.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're already stuck, you started too high and now you are doomed to have to use higher doses to get the same results. Sounds like you're in college to which is a totally separate issue on its own. You should have made your first cycle 250mg a week and slowly climbed your doses up overtime.
Oh really? And what's your source for that?

infraredline

Awards
Oh really? And what's your source for that?
Practical application and common sense, once you use a dose of something unless you take a significant amount of time off and allow your receptors to reset, they will be accustomed to that dose and require more to achieve the same results in future cycles.

Testosaurus

Testosaurus

Awards
A person on the same sourced gear has ran a 250mg a week cruse cycle for 16wks and his blood test showed 1680 ng/ml test level (unsure about the ng/ml measurement type). That's more the double the amount of an average person. Not to mention he has cycle for 3 years and had no problems. Doomed? I think that's a little much. 500 mg was a little much last time so that's why I'm trying 250 instead

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Practical application and common sense, once you use a dose of something unless you take a significant amount of time off and allow your receptors to reset, they will be accustomed to that dose and require more to achieve the same results in future cycles.
That is absolutely ridiculous.

infraredline

Awards
That is absolutely ridiculous.
In your opinion it's ridiculous. Although not all that ridiculous since it is common sense that if you want to see the same results you will need to use the same amount or more to get those results.

Not to say he still won't see results but 250mg will not yield as good of results for him since he ran 500mg first, compared to if he ran 250mg last time.

Testosaurus

Testosaurus

Awards
Like I said I'm not looking for crazy gains I'm looking for the mentality that comes with testosterone.

Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

Awards
This is where I get confused sometimes. And confusion isn't hard for me lol

But if the guy running 250mg test for 16 weeks and his test level was measured at 1680, wouldn't running 250mg test still halt normal production of test?
And if this is correct, how could his levels increase so much on a low test cycle of 250mg?

infraredline

Awards
This is where I get confused sometimes. And confusion isn't hard for me lol But if the guy running 250mg test for 16 weeks and his test level was measured at 1680, wouldn't running 250mg test still halt normal production of test? And if this is correct, how could his levels increase so much on a low test cycle of 250mg?
Yes it does still hault production, anytime you put an exogenous hormone into your body you hault your bodies production.

That's about what it should be at 250mg a week though, keep in mind at the most your body only produces 50-75mg a week of testosterone, so 250mg is actually a lot more than people realize when comparing to your natural test levels.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should be fine to feel better than a natty dude your same age.

Is it 500? No, it's 250, as long as you remember that, and still keep in mind it more than average trt, you're good

Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

Awards
Yes it does still hault production, anytime you put an exogenous hormone into your body you hault your bodies production.

That's about what it should be at 250mg a week though, keep in mind at the most your body only produces 50-75mg a week of testosterone, so 250mg is actually a lot more than people realize when comparing to your natural test levels.

THANKYOU. That makes simple and perfect sense.

Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

Awards
Does anyone know then why most users always state to start a test cycle for first timers at 500mg?
I've read where tests have been conducted on 300mg versus 600mg etc. Yes more gains on more test but more sides tho.
Has this measurement come about where the current generation just really wanting not just bigger gains, but faster gains?

infraredline

Awards
Does anyone know then why most users always state to start a test cycle for first timers at 500mg? I've read where tests have been conducted on 300mg versus 600mg etc. Yes more gains on more test but more sides tho. Has this measurement come about where the current generation just really wanting not just bigger gains, but faster gains?[/

Two things, one people think more is more, and A lot of people will recommend people start with 500 a week when in actuality 300-350 will deliver great results.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In your opinion it's ridiculous. Although not all that ridiculous since it is common sense that if you want to see the same results you will need to use the same amount or more to get those results.

Not to say he still won't see results but 250mg will not yield as good of results for him since he ran 500mg first, compared to if he ran 250mg last time.
Just my frustration showing in these vs threads. We don't know anything about the training he did, diet, or anything else about the "gains" he had on 500. Then you are telling him he is doomed and should never have done that to start if he wants the same gains. You know how many people I have trained and trained with over the years that thought taking 500 or 750 or whatever was going to change everything and then a guy comes along running half that and smokes them because he isn't relying on the test to do everything. Then others see a thread like this and assume they need to start high or they won't see big gains and the cycle (no pun intended) continues.

Now, the OP is telling us that this isn't for results, he wants to take high doses of test to mentally feel better.

Ugh.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Just my frustration showing in these vs threads. We don't know anything about the training he did, diet, or anything else about the "gains" he had on 500. Then you are telling him he is doomed and should never have done that to start if he wants the same gains. You know how many people I have trained and trained with over the years that thought taking 500 or 750 or whatever was going to change everything and then a guy comes along running half that and smokes them because he isn't relying on the test to do everything. Then others see a thread like this and assume they need to start high or they won't see big gains and the cycle (no pun intended) continues.

Now, the OP is telling us that this isn't for results, he wants to take high doses of test to mentally feel better.

Ugh.
So true bro.

Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

Awards

Ugh.
Yep I'm seeing from more research I'm doing that lose dose solo test say 150mg to 250mg, when diet and training solid and cycle duration 16+ weeks, guys experiencing excellent gains that also seem to be lasting as well. It is a solid mixture of this that aids in good slow keepable gains and the feel good libido of test.
It makes sense to a degree, to start like this for a first timer and see how it goes. One can always increase dosage if not satisfied as long as training, diet, rest etc etc are all in good steed.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Yep I'm seeing from more research I'm doing that lose dose solo test say 150mg to 250mg, when diet and training solid and cycle duration 16+ weeks, guys experiencing excellent gains that also seem to be lasting as well. It is a solid mixture of this that aids in good slow keepable gains and the feel good libido of test. It makes sense to a degree, to start like this for a first timer and see how it goes. One can always increase dosage if not satisfied as long as training, diet, rest etc etc are all in good steed.
My brother started off at 250mg a week for his first 2 runs an always made good gains in size and strength. Never needed an AI either.

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Maybe 500 is recommended because a lot of test c/e comes in 250mg/ml and then you do a shot monday and thursday or friday.

I think it's based off of simplicity.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to give people enough credit to know basic math break down and assume they just go with 500 because that is what the Internet tells them to do.