Is E-Gold Safe? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is E-Gold Safe?

1. New Member

Is E-Gold Safe?

If I sign up to E-Gold, do I have to use my real name? Is it safe to conduct transactions using E-Gold?

2. Registered User

Your IP is on record as part of their standard security procedures, (so people can't hack into your account from any computer but yours), but you can disable this. How you choose to fund your account could be an issue. I don't know enough about it to tell you some definitive protocol, but if you don't know what you are doing it is not terribly safe. Moreover, there are all sorts of plausibly legitimate reasons that such services would be under serious scrutiny from half the alphabetized government agencies, from the IRS to the DEA to the DOD.
  3. New Member

Thanks. I won't take the risk.
    •   

4. Professional Member

It can be done anonymously but it takes effort. It is not as easy as evocash was.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I think if the govt wants you, it will get you know matter what you do. Just remember if you don't use your real name, and they go belly up like evocash then say good bye to all the cash that is in there.
  6. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

What is E-Gold???
  7. USA HOCKEY

good feedback guys
    *subscribe*
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  8. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    What is E-Gold???
    A method to pay for goods(like books, cds, etc) w/o using a credit card or needing to use a money transfer agency such as WU. Essentially, it is electronic currency that can be exchanged instantly via the internet
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Size, how much anonymity do you think you get with using egold as opposed to using just straight WU for purchacing things? I mean at some point, people wind up using a market maker for funding the egold account and that involves using a CC or WU anyway, the egold transaction might be more secure but the third party market maker transaction isn't anymore secure then just going straight WU.

I've been shying away from those service lately, due to the rumors of evo shuting down from te**orist activities that the goverment was tracking through there.

Anybody have any thoughts, I am just being too paranoid?
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Size, how much anonymity do you think you get with using egold as opposed to using just straight WU for purchacing things? I mean at some point, people wind up using a market maker for funding the egold account and that involves using a CC or WU anyway, the egold transaction might be more secure but the third party market maker transaction isn't anymore secure then just going straight WU.

I've been shying away from those service lately, due to the rumors of evo shuting down from te**orist activities that the goverment was tracking through there.

Anybody have any thoughts, I am just being too paranoid?

I gave up the idea of using e-gold because all the market makers that took credit cards wanted to hit me with a 30-40% surcharge.
  11. Board Supporter

You could set-up an account using fake details and use a proxy server to mask you real IP address. Then fund it with a Western Union funds transfer using fake details and then turn-off the IP security setting on the account. Personally I don't think it's worth the hassle or the expense of working with the e-gold brokers. I'd stick with WU.
  12. New Member

E-gold is safe. Use a proxy when signing up if you are worried. It is not a crime to exchange money, the cant trace what its being spent on. Also Dont use a real name when signing up, they dont verify. You can fund anonymously by using western union, they dont check identification when sending funds, and you can go through an exchanger such as Capitalex.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is yellow gold?
    By AnonyMoose in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
  2. Is this stack safe/beneficial?
    By speedstyleslx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 10:11 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 04:41 PM