Bloodwork - Help Interpreting

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
I just got some bloodwork done for the first time. I would really appreciate it if people could help me interpret the values and give suggestions on what kind of things I should talk to my doctor about. It would probably be helpful to have my age when looking at this so, I am turning 30 in a few days.

Here are my values:

Estradiol: 34 pg/Ml. Range: 10-40
Free Test: 11 ng/dL. Range: 9-30
Total Test: 547 ng/dL. Range: 240-950
LH: 1.8 miU/mL. Range: 0.6-12.1
T4 Free: 1.2 ng/dL. Range: 0.7-1.5
TSH: 2.06 uIU/mL. Range0.35-4.94

I can see that my estradiol is on the higher end and my free test is on the lower end on the "normal" range. However, aren't those ranges the same for all men between the ages of 20-80 years? I have a follow up appt coming up and I am wondering if anyone sees anything that would be worth mentioning.

Thanks for any advice and help in this matter!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Even if you're at the bottom of the range unless you present symptomatic you'll be hard pressed to find any provider that will do anything for you.

Why did you get the hormone panel done?

Are you currently having any issues that warranted you to get labs drawn?

And yes, you are correct the ranges are not age specific which is an astronomical mistake by the medical community.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
As a note, these are not after a cycle or anything. I am relatively new to training seriously and have not cycled anything. My doctor ordered the bloods because of some pain behind my nipple.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Well, I wouldn't worry about your estradiol. Mine is 35 and AI's make my joint cry.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your estradiol is on the higher side of the range, which is probably the indicator your doctor was looking for

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys!

What about my free test? Should I be concerned, and is there anything I can do or get prescribed that can increase that?

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
What about my free test? Should I be concerned, and is there anything I can do or get prescribed that can increase that?
I think something like endosurge might help free up some more test. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that increasing free test is something that product does well. Your total test level is not horrible. Not great for a 30 year old, but not horrible either.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the replies guys!

You really shouldn't supplement with anything until your follow-up appointment with your doc. In the mean time, I would forego looking for a supplement and do some online research to find some natural ways to boost your testosterone.