Just found out about transdermals...

alex25

Awards
I always thought transdermals were illegal for the same reasons injectables are and you had to either make them yourself or buy them from riskier sources.

Well, I was wrong... and I was reading about transdermals and something just doesn't seem right.

Everything I've read says that they have better bioavailibility in comparison to orals and that your liver isn't nearly as taxed due to it not being passed through on the first pass... So why are orals even popular? Is there a catch or some downfall to transdermals that I haven't caught on to yet... because as far as I can tell, they're just as legal, safer, and more effective... and I'm assuming they could be run relatively safe for longer cycles than 6 weeks unlike orals.

MuscleJ

Awards
Try out man, get some labs worked up and tells the outcome. I'll deff follow.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can accidentally contaminate your gf/wife/kids if you are careless with transdermals.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
The liver part is bro science. Transdermals are no safer then orals and the question of them being more bioavailable is really a question of molecular weight and solubility.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The liver part is bro science. Transdermals are no safer then orals and the question of them being more bioavailable is really a question of molecular weight and solubility.
Huh? Can you post up where we can read on oral and transdermal being equal with regards to the liver and passing the same?

Transdermals are great, and depending on what kind it is, can have benefits over injection or oral.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It all gets filtered via the liver.

Just skips first pass.

Hepatotoxicity will depend on the structural makeup.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure, but it is that first pass that makes all the difference.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always forget that every post ends up in a disagreement with you. I'm out.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can accidentally contaminate your gf/wife/kids if you are careless with transdermals.
This is always my concern. Having to put a t-shirt on after application following a shower. Even wore a shirt to bed last night..

00S4Boy

Awards
It all gets filtered via the liver.

Just skips first pass.

Hepatotoxicity will depend on the structural makeup.
This is the correct statement.

Just because you put M1T into a transdermal doesn't mean it will be any less toxic, but with the 17a methyl group whats the point.

Transdermals are mainly for non methylated compounds with limits. Like Dienolone and Formestane have poor oral bioavailability so topical application straight to the blood stream works better, but intramuscular depot would still work the best. For something like trestolone with it's very rapid metabolism, a transdermals delayed absorption would help spread out blood concentration vs a rapid spike and plummit as with oral.

alex25

Awards
Figured it sounded too good to be true. The lower toxicity would have been the main selling point for me. Thanks