year olds on this board. I want to know if you just started
using or if this has been a long term thing. If long term
have there been any consequences? If short term, what
made you decide to start so late.
I think your answers will be very helpful to all of us. Please
be honest!:D

givithell

Awards
I ran a AAS cycle at 25 that took me from 170# to 205#. Now at 33 I ran a couple of M1T/4 AD cycles and went from 192 (28% BF) to 203 (16% BF). I am currently running a 1,4 ad/ Superdrol cycle and am rather muscular and strong. I had no sides from any cycles yet. I keep a tight diet and nutrition plan which is most important to me. Probably won't run any more till next year. It's alot harder to gain after 30.....at least these kind of gains!!!!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I ran a AAS cycle at 25 that took me from 170# to 205#. Now at 33 I ran a couple of M1T/4 AD cycles and went from 192 (28% BF) to 203 (16% BF). I am currently running a 1,4 ad/ Superdrol cycle and am rather muscular and strong. I had no sides from any cycles yet. I keep a tight diet and nutrition plan which is most important to me. Probably won't run any more till next year. It's alot harder to gain after 30.....at least these kind of gains!!!!
Bump on that Bro. I used to never get sore and would always be bigger and stronger then a lot of guys. But now I have to stretch out before and after working out. And before bed. So Ph's and gear IMO help a person turn back the clock. But I could be wrong.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Why didn’t you just entitle the thread “calling all old guys?� You damn young punks. Let me tell you about back in my day, when we had nothing but rocks and tree stumps too lift. A curl was what you did with your girlfriend when……..

Oh, sorry, senility kicking in again. Back to the subject at hand.

I have been on and off pretty consistently for about six years. My strength has increased since my twenties (I am 33 now) and the coolest thing is that my joints feel better now than ever. That fact alone is amazing since I have always had chronic joint problems. I honestly have not experienced much of a decrease in libido at all (that is since my mid twenties and before I ever touched a PH/AAS). Lastly, I have been able to maintain a pretty low bf % and my strength is probably what some would consider pretty descent.

So, before anyone runs out of starts on some type of anabolic looking for the eternal fountain of youth, let me explain a little further. I have always been conservative with ph/aas usage. My cycles have always been very short, always less than 35 days and my dosages are typically on the low side compared to most users (even of the same body weight). I take anywhere between 1.5 – 2 times the amount of time off cycle compared to on cycle and I am very meticulous about my PCT regimen. I had lifed consistently since my early 20's and never touched anything until I was absolutley confident I had reached my genetic limits (I had hit about a nine month plateu). Lastly, I have learned how to listen to my body and not overtrain (linked is my current PCT cycle). http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25175

Hope that helps.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Did my first PH cycle back in July-Aug. on the advice of someone who I used to think knew his ****. Did this after dropping some 50lbs in 3 months on Thermodrine(?) on the same persons advice.. After starting the PH`s I found this site and realized his advice for no PCT was dead wrong.. I have run 3 cycles since then and the only major side has been about 10lbs or so of LBM :D ... One cycle was M1T that I cut real short because it was some nasty **** after the first week. Another was a 4-ad/1-ad/M1,4 ad which at first I thought wasn`t that great. But after gaining 20lbs on cycle I kept 9 after PCT...

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, After chasing Tribulus and Creatine, I have run through Andro, Norandro, 1AD, 4AD, 1T, M1T, M4OHN and SD over the last dozen years. Started in my early 50s and now coming up on 64 I can say I am glad and extremely satisfied that I put in so much time and effort. Some choices were terrible, conversely some have proven to be outstanding. In the last 5 years I have gone from an emaciated 149 lbs to 215 recently and my strength has gone from struggling to do 200 on the BP to doing reps at 315. In my supplement search I have studied and learned tons about a wide variety of supps which have done wonders for my prostate, liver, kidneys, my cholesterol, my sleeping problems etc etc etc. I came to believe that my biological clock was ticking away to its end and I had to make the effort to stem the tide of time. Trust me IT WORKS. Can you imagine how satisfying it is to be better built and stronger than kids half my age? How good it feels to see the light go on in my wife's eyes even at my age? I like being healthy, happy, horney and STRONG!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Inspirational post Dutch. I can only hope to feel as good as it sounds like you do when I'm your age.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Can you imagine how satisfying it is to be better built and stronger than kids half my age? How good it feels to see the light go on in my wife's eyes even at my age? I like being healthy, happy, horney and STRONG!

No. But its guys like you that give me the inspiration to try.

jwp888

Awards
I am 32. In the past 1 1/2 years I have done:

Have done a 5 week 1 -AD cycle.
One two M1T cycle.
One 6 week 1-T/4AD cycle.
One 1T/4AD/M4OHT cycle
One 6 week M4OHN cycle.

Currenly on a SD cycle @20mg/day. Was using M4OHN, but dropped it after three weeks.

Used a small amount of aas(sus 250, cypionate, enanthate, primo) when I was 20-21 and that was it until the last 1 1/2 years.

Using it to increase my recovery times and add some weight. :D

Was also curious about all the hype PH's were getting and wanted to see for myself. Plan to run two cycles/year for at least another year.

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
I am just curious how many years you have been
using ph/aas. I see alot of mid thirty all the way to sixty
year olds on this board. I want to know if you just started
using or if this has been a long term thing. If long term
have there been any consequences? If short term, what
made you decide to start so late.
I think your answers will be very helpful to all of us. Please
be honest!:D
I have run several PH cycles in the last couple of years. Mostly 4AD and Nordiol cycles. I am currently on a MIT/M5AA/4AD cycle that ends next week. I have gone from 232 to 242 and lost 2% of bodyfat. First time that I have run M1T and it has been a pleasant suprise. Almost no sides, except that I am somewhat lethargic during the day. The M5AA has helped with that a bit.

After this cycle and PCT, I am thinking about running a cycle of MOHN/MDIEN cycle with Clen/ECA for 6-8 weeks to help me lean up.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'm 37 right now, and tried my first PH at age 36. I started in the Fall of 2003, and have been cycling on and off since then. I have had no adverse affects, and physicals have been great. Blood pressure is the best it has been in 10 years.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I discovered creatine about 10 years ago and being a responder saw great results. I have tried many many different types of sups and really only a few ever delivered. First prohormones were vpx variety and since then have used Bsn products a few times, designer MD and most recently S1+ It has taken me a while to truly understand PCT and that is definitley due to the amazing amount of knowledge available here. I have never really had any bad sides except for this last cycle, I think I was experiencing a rebound gyno thing but without bloodwork it was hard to tell if it was me being way over anxious or real symptoms. I played it safe and am finishing up 4 weeks of nolva and metacort. I started using supps at 165 lb 5'9" and having lifted since high school a long long time ago. Now at 38 I am 185- 190 usually 10- 15 % BF and in so much better shape than when I was in my 20s it is not even funny, youth has recovery and an amazing tolerance for stupidity but as i have gotten older I like to think I am a bit smarter and now with that post by Dutchman I am looking forward to the next 30 years or so. I mainly use supps (all I have ever used is the legal variety, only because I live in a small town and the other kind is not so readily available) to help me in my day to day work, I have a few different businesses and profits depend on what I can accomplish with my body, being strong is certainly an economic plus, this is how I justify the cost of everything to my wife! At the moment I am 5 days into using CET from Custom, all I can say is this is a great product. I have some superdrol a couple of s1+ cycles and some MD in cold storage and can't wait for Designers non-hormonal to arrive. The future looks great.

givithell

Awards
JWPP, How are the results on your SD cycle. How long you going to run it?dose? I have a nice supply!!!....Theoretically!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm 32, 5'10" and started PH cycles about 3 years ago. I bulked naturally from about 130 to 172 where I plateaued for a couple of years. I lost most of my mass after a summer of mountain climbing and started looking into PH.

After about 7 cycles total I'm a fairly lean 180, vascular and reasonably strong even though I don't train for strength consistently(have to keep endurance way up for job). My joints feel good, I like the way I look and so does my wife.

I've only had one bad cycle and it had more to do with a cold virus than anything else. For sides I've been hit with everything..lethargy, MIT flu, painful pumps and terrible acne...yet I've no regrets. Libido has disappeared more than once but always comes back strong.

I'm more selective about what I'll take as I've gained a working knowledge first hand. More than anything I value the entire experience..getting big and strong, the feeling of being on, the pumps, the looks from women and having the knowledge now to help my body in so many ways. I've even gotten to help others with this knowledge and it's been great.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I started lifting in 84 .I did my first PH (DHEA) in 95 stayed on too long and made gains but got shut down hard, Andro and Nor (cyclo), MDHT, MOHN, SD, 6OXO. The older I get the more work involved in maintaining muscle tone and strength, like an exotic purebred it requires constant attention. I dont think some of you young guys know what you have gotten yourselves into, that mirror image will fade fast if you dont work it and that means forever!

jwp888

Awards
JWPP, How are the results on your SD cycle. How long you going to run it?dose? I have a nice supply!!!....Theoretically!
So far the SD is going great. Very good results. I am on a cutter. I have gained 7-10lbs on calorie restricted diet. I am taking 20mg/day. I am more vascular as well, especially my shoulders. I am not experiencing any tangible side effects. I plan on doing 6 weeks total @20mg. I may try upping the dose to 30mg/day for the last two weeks just to test the results.

I have 7 grams of SD, so I am set for awhile :D

Waiting for the eagle to land again ;)

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i started using ph about 7 years ago and hsve about 14 cycles under my belt. in the beginning it was diol stack for a while and then cyclo-diol/nordiol. last couple years some m1t and last year or so started pinning 4ad cyp. my last cycle comprised of 4ad cyp,1-test cyp, and tren and saw the most progress on this cycle.no regrets looking back-money well spent

blakkstarr

Board Supporter
Awards
Started PH while in my 30's about three years ago.. I worked out for years prior to that and my gains were ****, I have always been a hard gainer- strength come easy for me, can put on decent mass but I could not get definition no matter how hard I would train and diet.. Since using PH I now have satisfaction of accomplishment, I have incredible strength gains (keeping most even off cycle) mass and definition in places long ago I thought I would never see, like my chest..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention that I used R3-IGF last cycle and although I did not retain much weight I got some pretty good definition out of it. Like Blakkstar I'd been having trouble getting defined in my chest no matter how Big I got. Pinning the inner pecs with IGF was money well spent. Joints improved as well.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I started with 1AD and 1T orals 3 years ago and since have discovered all the (PH/PS)goodies now long gone. I liked cycles using M1T, MDien and M4OHN especially. Always do good PCT and take time off too. Had a couple odd (allergy-like) reactions, but no other physical probs, and never really pinpointed the cause. It's tough because I have a history of some food allergies, and I sometimes don't know what's affecting what. Hard for me to gain crazy mass (ecto, age 39) but the PH's have helped me add about 10-15lbs LBM and cut fat. I don't keep specific clinical records like many of the guys, but the effects show. We'll see how the SD/Oratropin cycle goes (hypothetically); 1 week in.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
well, let's see.
been lifting for about 20 years now.
though my twenties i was all natual. able to keep from 7% to 9% BF at all times.
into the thirties i used an arginine ornithine mix to help lean me out . it worked, and was able to keep it off naturaly for the next 10 years.
at fourty and past it has become harder to maintain my fitness. so i tried creatine. all that did was add 2 inches to my waist.(and i did not increase my calorie intake nor lessen my work out intensity while on the creatine so it had to be the powder.)
anyway, dropped that stuff like readioactive waste.
then did a six month cycle of saizen and i was ready to use it for life, but financial circus-dances got in the way.
came here and absorbed a wealth of information(thank you all) and have used igf-1. love it, but hate having to go off when the point of diminishing returns is reached. also used 1AD and 1test. maybe some tren next? don't know yet. but i do know that as i age the point of diminishing results is being reached in the gym.
any way, the fountain of youth? well, even with the AAS and such, you still have to put in the work on the weight pile to see results.
so i would not quit working out if i did not have them.

DR X

Awards
I'm 42 and have been lifting faithfully for 25 years.

Used AAS in my twenties and then backed off and went to ph's in my thirties. Have been using them ever since with one cycle when I was around 34 of AAS. I am in extremely good health, get checked regularly, I watch my diet very well and other then some of the standard sides you may get from some ph's such as M1t all is well. I have tried just about everything. I'm not stupid about using and make sure I do proper PCT and time off. I'm sure I will continue for many years to come. Actually as I get older I monitor my self much more closer i.e. liver, cholesterol, BP, blood sugar ect... just in case. I'm actually considering doing another AAS cycle later this year, well see. Stats 5'10" 211lb Bf last I checked approx 15% but I can clearly see the abs. Currently doing a CKD and want to drop a few lbs and lean out a little more and then do some superdrol.

Last edited:

Swole2

Awards
I am 30 at 25 I did a cycle of enanthate. I grew from 195 to 225 during my cycle. I've since dropped to around 215. At 28 I did a cycle of ph's from Pinnacle, I took Methoxytest, Andro Poppers, and Ecdysterone all together. I know the Ecdysterone has been reviewed and there have been no benefits found from taking it. Well I grew a little from the Andro and tribulus that was in it. I had one day when I was taking the pinnacle poppers when I felt similar to when I was on enanthate. I went back up to 225 on pinnacle cycle. Since then I've only been on protein, creatine, and glutamine.
I haven't had any sides. Although I went to the doctor and he found that my creatinine levels were high in my blood, but I don't think this is from AS or ph's. After my results come back from my tests on my creatinine levels I may start another cycle of ph's. I've got some 4ad and M1t, I'm thinking about starting out very low dosage. I've got one bottle of M1t that has 5 mgrams and another that has 10 mgrams per capsule. I'm going to start with the lower dosage and go from there. I already have my pct gear for after my cycle. My bf% is 12 I want to get it down to around 8 for the summer. I may try a show this year just depends on where I am at when one comes up.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Props to all you guys and this thread kicks ass !

The Reporter

Awards
I'm 40, 5-8, and 185. I started gear back in the 80s when it was legal and easily attainable. I lived in HB, California back then, and it was all over the place. I've used wintrol, anavar, dbol and deca. PCT consisted of taking equal time off and antiestrogens were Arnold and Rambo movies. I quit using around 27 when I wanted to work on getting ripped and got into martial arts and endurance sports.

Then around 98-99, when 1AD got introduced, I started that. I'd only take the recommended dosages and didn't know much about PCT. I just sort of winged it with trib, ZMA and 6OXO. It wasnt' until Mdien and M4OHN hit the mags that I started using more than 1AD. Then I discovered M1T, 4AD, MDHT and Superdrol. I learned real fast about liver protectors, PCT, anti-Es and other ancillaries, right about when it all came crashing down. (Thx, elected representatives.)

My last cycle was a 4-week Superdrol/4AD and MDHT run. I'm currently doing PCT, CKD, MAX-OT and want to throw in some OT-1 when it comes in from IBE. (Gotta love those acronyms.) Like Dr. X, I run blood tests, check BP daily and don't touch alcohol at all. I've basically been an iron addict my whole life. I tell young punks that I don't care how old I am, I'll always be working out so when they want to throw down on the mat with me anytime, they better know how to tap out! I certainly don't feel 40 because of my iron addiction. And even with all the AAS/PH/PS use throughout the years, I've still got a full head of hair, no swollen prostate, and can give it to my wife whenever she needs it. (As long as I'm not too tired.)

I live in Colorado, too, so when I've got my hard boots and race board on, young shredders can't keep up. Of course I don't even try to hang with them in the park because at my age, no matter what you take, broken bones just don't heal as fast.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
^ Cool thread indeed. I am 30 yrs old soon to be 31 and have been using aas/ph/ps since 97 I think it was. My first cycle was test enathate 12 weeker that turned into 14 weeks where I added in d-bol the last 6 weeks. I finished out the cycle with cytomel and was hooked. Since that time I have done various cycles of different drugs. I remember when 1AD came out I bought some and thought allot of the product. Over the years I have had some undesirable sides to say the least. I had bad acne which was something I had never had on my body, loss of sex drive (of course...normal post cycle) and gyno. When I first started using no one could get me nolva or anything where I lived so I just risked it and paid the fiddler. I went from 20% bf down to 7% and now maintaining 10%. My body comp changed in a way that I could not believe and I have never lost the beefed up look if you will that I got from juicing. I am glad I used or I would not have continued working out I'm sure because I wanted that look. I have used m1t, 4ad, superdrol etc... you get the picture with good success. Experience from using drugs pro hormones and pro steroids have helped me be more in tune with my body because when you come off you best have your ducks in a row or it will be wasted time and money. I have had to learn how to maintain weight and strength not to mention how to keep myself from getting tubby all naturally which if I had quit years ago due to frustration would have never happened. I do have to take HRT now days cant blame my activity's though cause I was noticing a difference in sex drive and function right b4 I began. My father is on HRT ( thanks to me) so I think it is definitely in the gene pool. Anyways I would not change anything except I would have loved to have boards like these when i began or have been aware of them when they started up. It is soooooo helpful for the young guns coming up. Hope I was not too long winded.

PD

Swole2

Awards
The Reporter I would be interested in seeing your results off of OT-1.

skoal

Awards
I'm 37 and started using PH a little over a year ago and have been happy with the results. Had some good experiences and some not so good ones. Finding out I was allergic to using 1T as a transdermal was a bit nasty. So as a piece of advice, before trying any new transdermal keep some benedryl on hand.
For about the last year I was hanging around 205 with about 20%BF, now I'm 215 with 15%. My plan s to get down to 200 and <10%. Let's face it guys, we're hitting that age, or it's in the rear view mirror where we're going to start feeling the aging process. I'm all for anything that helps to keep me not only looking young but feeling young.

Beefy1

Awards
IM 30yrs old and started my first cycle when I was 16...yeah I know.....too young...... I’ve been cycling on and off ever since then although during school for about 3 years I didn’t have time to train except in the summer, and once for a year about a few years ago I couldn’t train too much because of work........... I’ve pretty much been on test for about a year and a half now, get blood work done all the time. My blood pressure has always been a little high 135/85, and last I checked my cholesterol was a little higher than it should be.......PSA levels are normal, Prostate small and smooth, kidney function normal, liver values....ummm what is it?sgot I think was a few points above normal but basically normal.
At 16 I was 5'9" 155lbs lean, now Im still 5'9" 215lbs lean. Its also worth noting that since I have been 16 I have drank quite a bit (but only at night). its either a few glasses of red wine at home before bed, or out at a bar getting hammered........Im a partier!

I also know people at my gym that have been using aas for their whole life and are pretty fucking old like 50 to 65...... One guy I thought was maybe 35 is 55, and one guy that’s 65 is in perfect health and could probably beet the **** out most people of any age.

if you keep working out and keep your hormone levels at a youthful age, I swear you age at half the rate! If you look at research too all the supposed long-term side effects from testosterone actually correlate with low testosterone and high estrogen. examples being prostate enlargement, heart attack and stroke.

TommyD

Awards
48, been training for 2/3rds my life, "natural". First PH cycle was when I was 40, half-assed following Mark McWire's season. I've done probably a dozen cycles PH's and AAS and will continue to do them until ???. If I knew back in my 20's and 30's what I know now. People think I'm at least 10 years younger, still train, run, mtn bike, play softball and any other sport I want to.... and stiil give the youngsters a run for their money