abcess help please!

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i just noticed what looks like a big zit with some redness surrounding the area in the vental glute area. can it take 2.5 weeks for an abcess to develop as i just noticed and i'm feeling paranoid about it. this zit with redness is in the area where i inject. i'm hoping that it is just a huge zit and that i don't need to see a dr. i need some feedback please?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
It can but that doesn't seam likely. Best bet is to see a doc if your worried (much better to be lanced and drained then slit open) If your brave you can try lancing it yourself (if you have never done this before you probably don't want to do this).

On a note the biggest cause of an abcess is contamination by particulates, not bacteria. And those can take a while to show up.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Here, check this link , for some info on abscesses, and antibiotics. Dr.D is working on a protocal for this area.

You may want to consider getting an antibiotic just to be on the safe side. I believe this is another thing that one should have on-hand prior to beginning a cycle.

Hope things clear up for you and keep us updated.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
My last cycle I had to hit up a z-pack (zithromycin) because of shitty gear - it was like a bad shot but I got a fever from it too, and got kinda sick and the area was warm to the touch...

the z-pack took care of it perfectly though.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the link as i was able to research this a little bit and at this point i do not think it is an abcess. i was having a stressful day and took ephedrine to relieve sinus problems and i panicked when i saw some redness. i have been breaking out alot lately from tren and i have a couple huge painful zits on my face and some on my back. i think the one on ventoglute is the same thing as ido not feel sick or have fever and it does not look like the pictures that i saw. i will continue to monitor this(it is not real painful either) and i was most concerned with my 4ad cyp vial as the rubber stopper was getting torn uo and i would have to carefully avoid drawing up bit of rubber inside vial. i'd like to switch to teflon stoppers-anyone know where to get them?

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Be careful of the Z pack however. Some people wind up developing an allergic reaction that is simply hellacious due to Zithromax staying in your system for so long.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
z-packs are highly liver toxic too.

I woudl just lance it open especially since it is so close to the surface. Its not that bad just stay calm and sterolize whatever you are using. I took a cyst out of my stomach before it was gross but after the first cut your adrenalin gets pumping and the rest is cake.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established

I woudl just lance it open especially since it is so close to the surface. Its not that bad just stay calm and sterolize whatever you are using. I took a cyst out of my stomach before it was gross but after the first cut your adrenalin gets pumping and the rest is cake.
......:blink: .....

You're braver than me bro.....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man that makes me really paranoid.. I am going to EXTRA careful from here on out.. That is some nasty ****.. If one would have to go to a doctor to get a script is it best to just tell him why it happened?

dego

Awards

Pin it with a 18g and draw out about 1-2ml and then inject .5ml of BA (yes pure BA) and wait a good 30 minutes then pin again and drain as much as you can get out of it. I have heard of several people that did this with pretty severe abcesses (red streaks) and the problem cleared up by itself. If you are running a fever it is probably for a simple drain.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Just be very careful to keep the entire area as sterile as possible, you would be amazed at the amount of bacteria that live naturally on your skin and are more than willing to enter an open cut through the skin.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Here's just one recommendation. When you wipe the area to be injected, don't just softly wipe the area with your alcohol pad...SCRUB IT! Like Matt D said,
you would be amazed at the amount of bacteria that live naturally on your skin and are more than willing to enter an open cut through the skin.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind here guys that alcohol pads DO NOT sterilize the the skin. It actually takes iso a couple of minutes to kill bacteria, much longer then the vast majority spends using a pad. the alcohol pads work well because the are very good at cleaning the skin (Take a lot of the oil off and the bacteria with it). So be sure you use it like as said above, or use a stronger antiseptic if you want

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
You are very correct there Skye.. most bacteria are hard as hell to kill.. really

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what about wiping the area with iodyne or something?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
what about wiping the area with iodyne or something?
will work better but the same problem, it takes a few minutes. These are living "breathing" things and whatever has to work its way inside them. If your worried about it wash the area first Povidone-iodine swab/patch or you can use betadine soap (best IMO). But in all reality you can do the same with very hot soapy water if you do it 3 times (that is actually considered sterile, that is a mediacal standered for non porous surfaces) In fact, my acu check's directions don't tell you to use alcohol pads for the sticks, just to wash your hands for 30 seconds.

BTW, don't use if your taking T3 or anything simular, or if your taking lithium

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Davy25 Anabolics 18
Anabolics 11
Cycle Logs 0
smash1904 Anabolics 4
Anabolics 30