Pace at which estradiol drops with testosterone

F

fasttaker

Awards
Hope this is in the right place!

All my recent bloodwork for TRT the last 6 weeks (new doctors, new regimen, starting low and self injecting) have shown my test to be low, which is fine and what I wanted, since my new doc was reluctant to prescribe more than 100 mg per week. My estradiol has also come back low (on 3 different tests: 17, 18, and 20). Obviously my test levels were much higher a couple days after injection, but was my estradiol too? What I want to know is how soon the estradiol levels drop off - at the same pace as the test cyp , or does it remain elevated for days after T levels have dropped off? I remember seeing a journal article showing that as T levels drop, so does estrogen. My doc says if my e2 was high at all at any point, it would have shown up on the labwork. But could it have simply dropped down at the same pace that the test cyp did? Thanks.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no way to say when your e2 would drop or what would influence it. Hormones don't work in a A - B= C manner. Yes, in general, as test increases estrogen will as well, but that is not always the case. If you have low SHGB, then estrogen can be lower even if test is high. You can have low test and high estrogen and there are times that suppressing the estrogen will increase test.

There simply are too many factors to generalize it and that is why labs are so critical, especially with TRT. BTW- you actually were working with a good doc wanting to keep you at 100mg wk. It means he has a better understanding of TRT than these quacks giving out 200mg a wk.

F

fasttaker

Awards
BTW- you actually were working with a good doc wanting to keep you at 100mg wk. It means he has a better understanding of TRT than these quacks giving out 200mg a wk.
Except that my test came back at 329 just 8 days after a 200 mg dose. But that problem is a whole other issue that I'm tired of complaining about. Thanks for the response.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need to go into it, but that says that there is something else going on for your body to be chewing up test like that. Chasing it with more test is not the answer.