any1 against taking oxycontin on test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjr

Banned
Awards
i was involved in a car wreck 2 years ago and took a year off.im perscribed oxycontin by the doc.i started working out a year ago and im currently on a test cycle(250mgs per wk)does anyone think this drug will hinder gain im doin o.k. so far but i dont know if i could be doing better.

markjr

Banned
Awards
im sorry,ive finally searched this site and see this is the wrong place to ask this

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Though I have no take on this... I believe this is the place to ask this. It would be different if say you were asking about using the oxy recreationally.

Adams

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
markjr:
Oxycontin, whether one wants to accept it or not, is an extremely powerful narcotic.
As far as it interacting with Test pharmacologically, it won't.
On a personal level, yes, it may hinder your gains by inhibiting motivation and/or allowing you to "feel" okay when your body may not be completely healed.
Keep in mind, no one should take oxycontin for an extended period of time unless specifically instructed by your physician.
Are you taking Test to provide your body with an environment better equipped for healing, or "just because"?
I hope this provokes some thought.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Give him a break, he already said that it's from a doc and he was involved in a wreck 2 years ago. You think he'd still be on it if he wasn't in real pain? Pain is very subjective and not anyone elses place to judge. He's not taking it to cheat and go squat 1000lbs, he has a real medical issue. Last time I checked, that's what they make pills for in the first place. Not exactly like any of us really "needs" anabolics though is it?

To answer the question, narcotic agonists inhibit GH release and can result in inappropriate anti-diuretic hormone secretion. Be cautions not to become dehydrated, and be careful with oral steroids because narcs are stressful to the liver.

In the future, don't post questions like this in the anabolic forum. Do it in the Rx/OTC section where legitimate medical discussion of this type of drug is acceptable and the sharp critisism can better be avoided. That being said, DO NOT openly open threads about rec use of anything, that's not what AM is about.

markjr

Banned
Awards
thanks,thats what i was writing about saying this is the wrong place

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
was your test cycle prescribed? just curious as to the reason behind your moderately small dosage.

markjr

Banned
Awards
i get tired of hearing this sht im a really lean 144lbs and this is a new drug how much do u expect me to inject,a whole cc seems like alot.ive gained very well off of it so whats the prob.is this amount really to small?im taking 250mgs per week

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you mind telling what happened to you in the accident? What mg of Oxycontic are you taking, and how many per day?

OC is a really powerful narrcotic, you must have really gotten injured bad for the doctor to prescribe that..

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
i get tired of hearing this sht im a really lean 144lbs and this is a new drug how much do u expect me to inject,a whole cc seems like alot.ive gained very well off of it so whats the prob.is this amount really to small?im taking 250mgs per week
Easy there bro. 250mg is fine for your wieght, although I would start looking at your diet at 144. As for the oxy I will tell you this from personal exspeance: it is hard to stop using it. You wake up and it hurts so you take a pill. you get out of a car and it so you take a pill. After a while you want the pill even if your not hurting that bad. After my back surgery I had the option of demmeral (spell?) and oxy. I save the first for really bad times and ate the oxy like candy for a while. when I got better I found the pill bottle hard to leave alone. In fact I trashed my script for it. I keep the demmeral around for if I need it and now use fenoprofen (this stuff is the bomb) and ultratram if have to use anything.

Also if your looking to ease your pain or helping things heal (depending on whats hurting) I would look into deca. it worked very well for me.

markjr

Banned
Awards
i got hit headon on a highway and airlifted to a seattle hos.im perscribed 60 mgs per day.i know what its like to get sick from not having them ive been on em for 2 years now.it hurts worse than anything uve ever felt b4 when u dont have them.my usage is under control now and i only take 6omgs per day now,but i was up there alot higher a year ago

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i got hit headon on a highway and airlifted to a seattle hos.im perscribed 60 mgs per day.i know what its like to get sick from not having them ive been on em for 2 years now.it hurts worse than anything uve ever felt b4 when u dont have them.my usage is under control now and i only take 6omgs per day now,but i was up there alot higher a year ago
Yea they are addicting as hell man, if you can live without them you are better off..

I had a few friends who were addicted to them real bad and it lead to herion use for them since OC get expensive when you dont have a script..

I am suprised the docs would leave you on them for so long..

How is your pain now? Where did you get hurt?

Atleast you are alive, and lifting bro. goodluck..

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
Give him a break, he already said that it's from a doc and he was involved in a wreck 2 years ago.

In the future, don't post questions like this in the anabolic forum. Do it in the Rx/OTC section where legitimate medical discussion of this type of drug is acceptable and the sharp critisism can better be avoided. .
DrD:
I don't know where you get the "give him a break" and "sharp criticism" from. My post was written in a very open fashion, not accusing markjr of any of the aforementioned.

That being said, I believe you presented some valid information regading the subject, as have I.

markjr has stated he's been on 60mg for two years. That's the equivalent of 12 percocets or percodans per day. I think it is proper to suggest he rethinks his long term pain plan.

Search around and read markjr's other posts and hopefully you'll have a better understanding of my comments.

wimpy

Awards
That being said, DO NOT openly open threads about rec use of anything, that's not what AM is about.
not trying to start a war, but i consider the use of AAS for anything other than medical treatment as "recreational drug use."

my hairdresser is on methedone treatment for oxy addiction. she was hooked bad. that **** is no joke and highly addicitive.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
markjr has stated he's been on 60mg for two years. That's the equivalent of 12 percocets or percodans per day. I think it is proper to suggest he rethinks his long term pain plan.

Search around and read markjr's other posts and hopefully you'll have a better understanding of my comments.
I actually think this may be wise. I am by no means fit to give medical advice, not being a doctor, but doesn't it seem to anyone else that 2 years of oxycontin for pain seems a bit....risky in the sense of addiction and therapy. I have no idea what your pain is like, markjr, but I have some questions regarding this:

1. do you expect this pain to stop at some point? Your accident was 2 years ago, isn't there some degree of healing, or will you have serious, chronic pain the rest of your life?

2. With that said, even if it is chronic pain, and given the addictive nature of oxy, does this seem to be the best way of dealing with it? Do you think another Dr. may have a better alternative solution for the long term?

3. Whether or not your "sick of hearing it", you could certainly stand to check your diet at 144lbs before considering test. Is your appetitie surpressed from the oxy? What is your diet like? How tall are you?

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
hmmmm , i wish i had some test when my body atrophied to 90 pounds after my car wreck and oxy for the pain,during my yrs,yrs. of rehabilitation.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hmmmm , i wish i had some test when my body atrophied to 90 pounds after my car wreck and oxy for the pain,during my yrs,yrs. of rehabilitation.
90lbs.? Were you having to get fed through a tube or something? That would definately suck man.

mark, IMO you shouldn't be using any kinds of AAS at 144lbs. I know you think you eat a lot, but trust me, it's not enough. If you're not writing down everything you eat every day, and by that I mean counting ALL calories, then you really have no idea how much you're taking in. I'm not busting your balls here, I'm honestly just trying to help. Plus, Oc's will infact supress appetite. I know as I used to be a heroin/opiate addict myself.

**** man, I just saw my cousin go from 190lbs. ripped with great genetics and this is w/o hardly lifitng at all...maybe 5 times/month......go down to 110lbs. within only like 9 months. And this wasn't because he wasn't eating anymore either....I think opiates themselves have more to do with losign weight in general than just Gh release, appetite supression, etc. This isn't only true for my cuz, but probably 25 people I know from my high school days. So I think you should first re-evaluate your diet/training and then find other means of combatting your pain. I mean, if you're still able to lift to failure, then you shouldn;t be hurting THAT bad....at least not bad enough to warrant being on 60mg for two years now. I honestly don't know any doctor around my area that would use OC's like this in such a wreckless manner.

joshingyou

Awards
I have a strange question. I can understand the withdrawl effects from the drug, but does your body "create" pain in order to get you to take the drug?

markjr

Banned
Awards
my pain is chronic.i hurt everyday,when i wake up is the worse.the pain of getting off the pills amplifies it to much and im really gratefull to have a doc to give them to me.the facts are my 1st doc split st. and he was overperscribing percs to me and my new doc says its much better to take the oxy's rather than all that acetophetamine.i dont want to try and quit im to scared,i rather get them and have em around

markjr

Banned
Awards
i know no pain no gain,and it makes it a hell of alot easier

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
yes lifted i was fed through a tube through my nose and was on a respirator till i came out of a coma and my lungs breathed on ther own..... imo he's addicted nothing more.

markjr

Banned
Awards
well ur brain must be waterlogged dickwad,cause i had a shoulder op and my mom had the same1 were both on em.but u know,huh.i take 3 20s per day fag nothing more

markjr

Banned
Awards
call me a drug addict u little queer,its all documented.they usually only give those to cancer pats. but my mom and i have got them from 3 diff docs.so stay the **** down

markjr

Banned
Awards
u have a doctoret then ill look at some advice about nothing more

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
my pain is chronic.i hurt everyday,when i wake up is the worse.the pain of getting off the pills amplifies it to much and im really gratefull to have a doc to give them to me.the facts are my 1st doc split st. and he was overperscribing percs to me and my new doc says its much better to take the oxy's rather than all that acetophetamine.i dont want to try and quit im to scared,i rather get them and have em around
I know the feeling bro, I do and some other people obvously do as well. But take it from me, your really better off without them (this is my personal opinion) My old had an open script for narcs for me and I am better off with out it as well. Granted acetophetamine is bad but there are other options. (see my post above). And there is nothing wrong with using AAS for helping recover or improve you situtation. (I would look into deca though, test will help you gain wieght but other things are better for healing)

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I have a strange question. I can understand the withdrawl effects from the drug, but does your body "create" pain in order to get you to take the drug?
yes, (I think its in your head though, not that knowing that helps). and it make whatever pain you have far worse, kinda a double wammy.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
well ur brain must be waterlogged dickwad,cause i had a shoulder op and my mom had the same1 were both on em.but u know,huh.i take 3 20s per day fag nothing more
hey **** you you little pussey ,you r just a fuckin junkie nothin more then that you little 144 pound faget ,go back and suck on your mammas tit some more you little punkass

markjr

Banned
Awards
if your ever in washington pal i live in aberdeen,look me up im in the book.my last names dahlstrom,and ill show ya why u cant walk in my shoes

markjr

Banned
Awards
my mom is an ex drug addict and has cancer and lives with me fagboy.so im not gonna argue with ya here, aberdeen wa.

mf

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
wow you two are acting like a bunch of idiots. What is this, romper room? :rolleyes:

It is also my opinion that you:
1. should not be doing AS at 144lbs, your diet is obviously NOT in check
2. you seem more than likely addicted to painkillers and IMHO should find alternative treatment(s) and doctors, I'm not convinced downing oxycontin for the rest of your life is a "solution" to chronic pain.

These are just my opinions from reading your posts, but they seem reasonable to me. As for you and waterlogged acting like kids, I will ban both of you if you cannot discuss this reasonably and continue to act like this. We all have different opinions on these types of situations, but let's not get in a schoolyard fight, kiddies :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.