Halo question

C

cchunter

Awards
Ok Bro's not to sound to extreme in one of the first posts here let me ask a question.First out,I feel like I'm fairly intelligent in my resarch and the choices that I consider/make.My health is my main concern of course. What if any? Is safe dose(s) of Halo? Please any and all questions,comments welcomed ,let the learning begin!!!!!!!! Thanks.......cc

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I would say no more than 1 hour a day, or your eyes will hurt from looking at the TV so long.:icon_lol: Other than that I dunno. :D

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
are you competing? if you aren't using it the week or two before a contest i would stay away from it due to its harshness ... what are your goals that you feel you need halo?

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
are you competing? if you aren't using it the week or two before a contest i would stay away from it due to its harshness ... what are your goals that you feel you need halo?
same question... what is your desire to use it? what is your background with AS?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
30mg/d Halo is about equal in "harshness" to 15mg M1T. 10mg/d won't even elevate enzymes normally.

C

captainbicept

Awards
Halo is suppossed to be a great steroid for boxers,or those in competitive marshal arts. I know a common dose for it is between 20-30mgs/day. It is a great steroid for increasing aggression and putting you in a very angry mood.

B

brandon79

Awards
halo doesnt make you angry.. as a pre-workout stim it totaly increases focus and muscle/mind connectivity, like no other.

now halo over a period of time makes one edgy, but not as a pre-workout stim..

has anyone ever used halo who has commented here?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I used to finish off cycles with it alot. After you get bloated and swole on enanthate/anadrol for 6 weeks, 3 more weeks of prop/halo to conclude makes for an unreal density shift and water shed. 30mg is as high as I can go, then I start to get acne and become rage-prone. I've even bridged w/ 10mg using a std Clomid PCT proto and had no sides or signifigant/apparent inhibition of recovery or elevated enzymes. It's not too bad solo, but with high dose test, it can shorten your fuse.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Here is what bigcat has to say on it:
Characteristics:

With the exception of perhaps anadrol, Halotestin is the single most dangerous steroid to use. Its liver toxicity is unrivaled and you wouldn't be the first person to end up in the hospital with jaundice and dangerously elevated liver values after a hefty cycle of fluoxymesterone. My question has often been simply "Why?". Fluoxymesterone has a low anabolic capacity. The results in mass would be small to non-existent. Qualitatively similar gains as one would book with trenbolone, but tren would go for equal or less money, deliver three times the gains and wouldn't be half as risky to use. Therefor the sole marked use of fluoxymesterone that is actually warranted is that by power- and weightlifters seeking to boost strength while remaining in a set weight class.

In bodybuilding its used near the end of cutting cycles, since in people with an already low body-fat percentage it adds a distinct hardness and definition to the look, although, as stated, better and safer products will achieve similar effects. As with these alternatives fluoxymesterone has absolutely zero estrogenic activity and will thus not add water or fat to the frame in any way.

While a definite increase in aggressiveness and a notable rise in erythrropoesis is noticed with the use of fluoxymesterone, it has been theorized that it actually has very moderate binding to the androgen receptor. Either that or it shows a higher affinity for other receptors. The enzyme aromatase comes to mind because of the effect it has, like a DHT compound would, on muscle hardness. The latter seems like a better explanation. On the one hand there is nothing that would immediately indicate it acting on the androgen receptor, on the other there is very good likeness to other steroids that are mostly AR-mediated. Its my best guess that not all has been said about fluoxymesterone. Its not a very interesting or grateful object of study however due to the high risk and low yield of this particular steroid.

Athletes that may consider its use are endurance athletes that do not get drug tested (as it is quite easy to detect). The stimulating effect on erythropoesis (red blood cell production) and cell respiration, such an athlete would find a good use for the increase in aerobic capacity noticed for this, without adding unnecessary bodyweight to the frame he has to carry. In this aspect it may be good to note that a short cycle of Halotestin with a moderately long cycle of Equipoise may have some merit in this instance. Neither would increase water retention drastically, neither would give explosive gains. But both have positive effects on the VO2 max.

In any case, and whatever the reason of use, 4 weeks is the best duration of use, 6 weeks at the most. As stated before, many athletes, having used fluoxymesterone while not under supervision of a physician, have ended up in the hospital with life-threatening conditions.

Stacking and Use:

Halotestin is taken in mild doses (10-20 mg) every day for short periods of time, 4 weeks, 6 weeks at the very most due to its high level of toxicity. The use of anti-estrogens is not necessary since fluoxymesterone does not aromatize at all. As secondary drugs one may want to consider blood pressure medication such as catepressan to avoid hypertensive conditions. What you will definitely need is a check of liver values on a regular basis if you want to play it safe. I don't normally recommend the use of liver-protectors during a cycle as enhances liver function breaks down a greater amount of your steroid, but in this case you ought to make an exception. Milk thistle, dessicated liver, vitamin B6 and such both during and after a cycle are highly advised. There is no need for clomid of Nolvadex use after a cycle to bring back natural test.

Halotestin really only serves a purpose as a bodybuilding drug when the athlete is cutting. Probably in the late stages of a cutting cycle to promote muscle density and hardness, preserve muscle tissue and such. To that effect it may be good to use some Halotestin (20-30 mg/day) the last 4 weeks of a boldenone or methenolone cycle for example, or at the end of a stack with trenbolone. It may make a good stacking partner for stanazolol (Winstrol/Stromba) as well since they serve the same purpose. But frankly in all cases opting for a higher dose of the other drug may be a better choice, both in terms of gains and safety. Boldenone (Equipoise) being the one possible exception. Due to its toxicity Halotestin is not much sought out in stacks.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Bigcat is wrong about his toxicity comparison. It must be a very old write up. Halo is not as toxic as everyone says. They just keep saying that because everyone is too scared to try it so they keep on talking about how bad it's suppose to be. I took it for years, I don't anymore because there are cleaner alternative readily available (or at least there used to be) like tren, 1T, SD. It terms of toxicity, M1T, Cheqe, maybe methyltest and the new pheromone that's out are more toxic that halo. Halo is good for these things: killing gyno, promoting a special look of high density that is more than just hardness, bridging if you choose to cheat your PCT a little, and high endurance. You can run like a high performace race car on 4hr sleep a night with this stuff, and it is the very best of all at red blood cell boosting. If I was in a blood sport or a soldier on the front lines of fighting, I'd take halo over test even. Other than that, it is not good for 4 to 6 weeks like BC says. After 3 weeks, you must stop or increase the dose past 30mg, and I was never sure enough in it's toxicity to do that. But honestly, 10mg doesn't even phase my GT.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
dr. d what dose would recommend for 2 weeks prior to a contest?

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Bigcat is wrong about his toxicity comparison. It must be a very old write up. Halo is not as toxic as everyone says. They just keep saying that because everyone is too scared to try it so they keep on talking about how bad it's suppose to be. I took it for years, I don't anymore because there are cleaner alternative readily available (or at least there used to be) like tren, 1T, SD. It terms of toxicity, M1T, Cheqe, maybe methyltest and the new pheromone that's out are more toxic that halo. Halo is good for these things: killing gyno, promoting a special look of high density that is more than just hardness, bridging if you choose to cheat your PCT a little, and high endurance. You can run like a high performace race car on 4hr sleep a night with this stuff, and it is the very best of all at red blood cell boosting. If I was in a blood sport or a soldier on the front lines of fighting, I'd take halo over test even. Other than that, it is not good for 4 to 6 weeks like BC says. After 3 weeks, you must stop or increase the dose past 30mg, and I was never sure enough in it's toxicity to do that. But honestly, 10mg doesn't even phase my GT.
Let me play devil's advocate here for a sec:

Why should we take your word over BigCats? You have had blood tests done with halo, right? Are these results indiciative of the typical user, or your own personal experiences? One user's liver values do not, IMO, determine the safety of, or general toxicity of, a drug.

I can appreciate the fact that you have taken, and not had bad experiences with halo (extreme liver values, jaundice, etc), but some guys also never get deca dick, and that doesn't mean I think it doesn't affect libido. Let's just say I tend to err on the side of caution with halo. I have never used it, nor plan on it, for simply that reason.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Let me play devil's advocate here for a sec:

Why should we take your word over BigCats? You have had blood tests done with halo, right? Are these results indiciative of the typical user, or your own personal experiences? One user's liver values do not, IMO, determine the safety of, or general toxicity of, a drug.

I can appreciate the fact that you have taken, and not had bad experiences with halo (extreme liver values, jaundice, etc), but some guys also never get deca dick, and that doesn't mean I think it doesn't affect libido. Let's just say I tend to err on the side of caution with halo. I have never used it, nor plan on it, for simply that reason.
Yes, I hear you Weave, but I was once young and foolish and didn't err on the side of caution. :) As a result, I got to know many, many different drugs very well. Why do you think they call me the doctor bro? I only state liver and blood values for the sake of objective, scientific comparison. Otherwise, everything else I say is from personal experience, and a blood value or pysiology book can't really prepare you for that, that's the best I have to offer by far is my experience. I just have a "feel" for toxicity at this point. Like I said, if you've done M1T, halo's like a cake-walk. I thought I had a better rep around here for telling it like it is, I guess I'll have to be even less politically correct than I though I already was!! :D But really J, I respect your caution, but if you don't trust me by now, go with bigcat's old write up.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
dr. d what dose would recommend for 2 weeks prior to a contest?
10 or 20mg if it's your first time using it for wk1, then step it up 10 more the next wk if it feels OK. The t1/2 is 9hrs, and I didn't mention it before, but halo is really appropriately named, because it's biggest turn off to me is the taste it leaves in your mouth. It may not effect everyone like that, but I had to chew gum everytime I used it.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I hear you Weave, but I was once young and foolish and didn't err on the side of caution. :) As a result, I got to know many, many different drugs very well. Why do you think they call me the doctor bro? I only state liver and blood values for the sake of objective, scientific comparison. Otherwise, everything else I say is from personal experience, and a blood value or pysiology book can't really prepare you for that, that's the best I have to offer by far is my experience. I just have a "feel" for toxicity at this point. Like I said, if you've done M1T, halo's like a cake-walk. I thought I had a better rep around here for telling it like it is, I guess I'll have to be even less politically correct than I though I already was!! :D But really J, I respect your caution, but if you don't trust me by now, go with bigcat's old write up.
actually m1t made me sick. But I am not doubting your rep here. But I have to point out something here, you said that "I don't anymore because there are cleaner alternative readily available (or at least there used to be) like tren, 1T, SD.". Bigcat said " My question has often been simply "Why?". Fluoxymesterone has a low anabolic capacity. The results in mass would be small to non-existent. Qualitatively similar gains as one would book with trenbolone, but tren would go for equal or less money, deliver three times the gains and wouldn't be half as risky to use. Therefor the sole marked use of fluoxymesterone that is actually warranted is that by power- and weightlifters seeking to boost strength while remaining in a set weight class."

You may disagree on the toxic level but both of you agree that there are better options here. This is my same arguement about drol, for the amount you have to run you could just add the same amount of test and do just as well or better safer then with the drol. the same for Halo. Even weightlifters don't need as they could use tren and just tighten there diet.

All the same you have made me interested. I will take a second look but it's a hard sell

M

MrStick

Awards
If "health" is your main concern. Give up. Fighting is not healthy and to achieve an

elite status at any sport you are going to have to play close to the edge of unhealthy.

I am a powerlifter and I wouldn't recommend halo. Try it out but I think there are

better things out there for what you are looking to do. If you can get these maybe

run some tren , test suspension , and cheque drops ( before training and comp.) this

will allow you to stay in your weight class and give you the aggression you are

looking for.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
...This is my same arguement about drol, for the amount you have to run you could just add the same amount of test and do just as well or better safer then with the drol. the same for Halo. Even weightlifters don't need as they could use tren and just tighten there diet.

All the same you have made me interested. I will take a second look but it's a hard sell
Yeah, but don't you get better results with 800mg Test E/wk + 75mg Drol/d that you would on 1.3g of test alone? I know I do. I guess maybe I just can't eat enough nitrogen to justify all the test, it is most suppressive too and causes mostly protein synthesis. The anadrol increases creatine storage so you hit it from 2 angles. That's the main point to stacking if you ask me, or else do like you said, just find your favorite and mega dose it. I just don't think any one product covers all the bases, but I'll agree with you that test comes closest. :thumbsup: Also, I am not suggesting you use Halo, I'm just the curious type (always suspected you were too with all the good, various experience you report though) But it's worth trying at least one time IMO. It has it's own flavor that allows you to put it all in a little sharper perspective over time, and then you can decide if it's worth incorporating into future cycles. It could turn out to be your all time favorite, who knows? I already pointed out it's main benefits above, RBC production is it's stand out quality.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but don't you get better results with 800mg Test E/wk + 75mg Drol/d that you would on 1.3g of test alone? I know I do. I guess maybe I just can't eat enough nitrogen to justify all the test, it is most suppressive too and causes mostly protein synthesis. The anadrol increases creatine storage so you hit it from 2 angles. That's the main point to stacking if you ask me, or else do like you said, just find your favorite and mega dose it. I just don't think any one product covers all the bases, but I'll agree with you that test comes closest. :thumbsup: Also, I am not suggesting you use Halo, I'm just the curious type (always suspected you were too with all the good, various experience you report though) But it's worth trying at least one time IMO. It has it's own flavor that allows you to put it all in a little sharper perspective over time, and then you can decide if it's worth incorporating into future cycles. It could turn out to be your all time favorite, who knows? I already pointed out it's main benefits above, RBC production is it's stand out quality.
I am, that why you have me thinking. but I am also diabetic and tend to be very careful. Also agree 100% with the stacking, (I would even sugest that first timers use test/deca or test/EQ instead of test only) what I am refering to is the paticular nature of the drug, having to use so much of it (being liver toxic). I personally love dbol but I don't have to run that much of it comparitively. 50mg a day is much better then 150mg a day (that is were the drol seam to kick in for me, a lot of people seam to have the same problem with it, the effective does is up. BTW if you know why that is I would love to know) or whaterver the comparitive dose is.

My other reasoning is that the more experance I get the more I like the basics. From what I have seen people don't do any better on the fancy/exspencive/complex cycles then the ones that run simple one. I use test in my example above because I think it is really the only "safe" steriod to megadose with. but really I am thinking in terms of tolerances. people can tolerate large does of test better then say EQ, or deca, or most anything. I was really impressed with this guy here http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16753. (post 13).

However I pretty sure that I am going to try it, at least for a couple of weeks.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
.. I personally love dbol but I don't have to run that much of it comparitively. 50mg a day is much better then 150mg a day (that is were the drol seam to kick in for me, a lot of people seam to have the same problem with it, the effective does is up..

My other reasoning is that the more experance I get the more I like the basics.. I was really impressed with this guy here http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5. (post 13).
I love it too. It's strange though Skye, on paper drol is 3x stronger and dbol is about 2x stronger than std MT, so that's close enough to expain different effects at various doses from one person to another, but 25-75mg drol is all I need. Dbol, I use in almost the exact same range, but I could not tolerate the sides from either at 150mg/d. Drol over 75mg makes me an oily monster and dbol over 80mg is just too mentally intense to tolerate with test. So I could only explain it as personal variation. Just like the Halo, I do know of a few guys that it's thier favorite oral, but you don't see that very often, most don't care much for it, so who knows. Other endocrine and metabolic factors are involved obviously, and GABA sub-receptors play a special role in how somebody "feels" on a particular steroid, because most are neuroactive in the RAS. I looked at the link you left but didn't see the thread you were referencing?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
my bad, the link was supose to behttp://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16753
the picture of the BBer in there, he runs 1.2 grams of test and nothing else. no anti e or anything and is still cut like that. just thought that was impressive as hell.

J

Josey Wales

Awards
I've even bridged [Halo] w/ 10mg using a std Clomid PCT proto and had no sides or signifigant/apparent inhibition of recovery or elevated enzymes.
Dr. D,

In addition to the above, I've read somewhere else that you've seen people cut their PCT short by using Halo. Can you elaborate? I trust your judgment. Is Halo not suppressive to the degree that it wouldn't interfere with PCT? If not, that would be awesome.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D,

In addition to the above, I've read somewhere else that you've seen people cut their PCT short by using Halo. Can you elaborate? I trust your judgment. Is Halo not suppressive to the degree that it wouldn't interfere with PCT? If not, that would be awesome.
Well, cheating is cheating. There is no good way to truely get away with it, but Halo is an option. These days, I'd actually recommend Superdrol or M4OHN instead, but Halo was my std bridge for years. I'm still quite fertile even after all this time. Plus, like I said before, 25mg Clomid + 10mg Halo didn't make my enzymes move at all. Halo is not all that as far as anti-cort benefits, but it binds so poorly to the AR and has such low estrogen conversion, that the only real prob is it's high SHBG affinity, and that's not even a major concern until you actually have some test to displace again after finishing a cycle. Halo is an extremely strong androgen, so it's not easy to explain why it works so well for this.