Effects of raloxifene on circulating prolactin

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
This article is pretty old, so I'm curious if anyone has any new info/personal knowledge as to whether this would work even to some extent in males.
No need to pitch a product or recommend caber. Just curious about Ralox.

Effects of raloxifene on ci... [Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

[h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h]Prolactin is a peptide hormone necessary for normal breast development that may contribute to breast tumorigenesis. Estrogen is a significant positive regulator of prolactin synthesis; therefore, raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator under study as a breast cancer prevention agent, may modulate both estradiol and prolactin levels by inhibiting estradiol from binding to its receptor.
[h=4]METHODS:[/h]Premenopausal women at increased risk for invasive breast cancer participated in a pilot chemoprevention trial and were given 60 mg raloxifene daily for 24 months. Fasting serum samples collected at baseline and after 12 months on drug were used to measure circulating prolactin, estradiol, and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]Of the 27 subjects who completed 12 months of raloxifene, 23 had paired prolactin samples, and 20 had paired estradiol and SHBG samples. Prolactin levels did not significantly change with raloxifene treatment, but SHBG levels increased (mean change = 7.3 nmol/L; P = 0.0001; 95% confidence interval, 3.9-10.7). Estradiol (mean change = 42 pg/mL; P = 0.048; 95% confidence interval, 1-84 pg/mL) levels were elevated when comparing 15 of the 20 women with paired estradiol measurements who also had both of these samples taken during the early follicular phase of the menstrual cycle.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]This report is the first to examine the long-term effects of raloxifene on prolactin, estradiol, and SHBG levels in premenopausal women who are also at increased risk for developing invasive breast cancer. Raloxifene had no significant effect on prolactin levels but did increase estradiol and SHBG measurements.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it didn't effect prolactin, and blocked the estrogen receptor leading to increased estrogen.

so it did what it was supposed to do, and didn't have a significant impact on prolactin.

I haven't researched this in a while, but ralox as far as I know is the only serm researched an shown to be effective in reducing/removing gyno caused from puberty.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Jbry. I had some on hand that I *was* using for potential prolactin (only 2 days) for TD Trest/Trenazone cycle (5 days in).
I'll grab some InhibitP instead. Last thing one needs on a trest cycle is more estrogen...

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ralox and letro fixed my gyno