How long after a cycle until it is safe to drink?

wake_me

wake_me

Awards
Do you wait until pct is done? a couple weeks in?

thanks

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Depends what you consider drinking? I don't think a beer or glass of wine with dinner will make much of a difference during PCT but if your taking a night out I'd hold off until a few weeks after PCT. During PCT your hormones are still in flux and to much booze can raise estrogen which you really just don't want during that time.

nakshe

Awards
Depends what you consider drinking? I don't think a beer or glass of wine with dinner will make much of a difference during PCT but if your taking a night out I'd hold off until a few weeks after PCT. During PCT your hormones are still in flux and to much booze can raise estrogen which you really just don't want during that time.
I watched The Draft with some friends and had 3 drinks on PCT. I think that's fine, and an example of how you can still "have fun/go out" but be smart about it. But I agree, if you're going to get flat out hammered it's going to be a no win situation. Just think of all the stress that especially your liver and kidneys have gone under and then you hit them again with 10-15 drinks in a few hour period. You gotta let your body rest some time.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I watched The Draft with some friends and had 3 drinks on PCT. I think that's fine, and an example of how you can still "have fun/go out" but be smart about it. But I agree, if you're going to get flat out hammered it's going to be a no win situation. Just think of all the stress that especially your liver and kidneys have gone under and then you hit them again with 10-15 drinks in a few hour period. You gotta let your body rest some time.
If you're prone to gyno or have some symptoms of it, alcohol (to the point of getting smashed) during PCT will make the problem worse.

Jethro Bodine

Jethro Bodine

Banned
Awards
technically a serm should negate the rise in estrogen if any occurs. but I wouldn't get smashed because its hard to hold onto gains anyway and a hard bender seems to cause major protein breakdown and dehydration, at least for me, and its harder to recover from it when you're not back to normal yet.
imo drinking is counter productive to bb in general. I never got to the level that I am now when I was drinking regularly. but once every now and then wont hurt you too bad.