Home chemist info - AnabolicMinds.com

Home chemist info

  1. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    Home chemist info


    I posted something like this once before, and got no response, it's been a while, I figure I'll try again. I'm wanting to learn as much as I can about home chemistry information to make different AAS solutions and stuff. I just don't know where to get the info. I'm talking even as simple as acronyms, and how to properly sterilize, it doesn't have to be about AAS per se, I need chemistry information. If anyone has someplace that I could do this research or good useful books please respond.

  2. Registered User
    tiggermoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    204

    Reputation

    i hear patrick arnold has something out with lots of home conversion info.

    maybe do a web search.
    good luck!
  3. New Member
    regino007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    ..............
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    I posted something like this once before, and got no response, it's been a while, I figure I'll try again. I'm wanting to learn as much as I can about home chemistry information to make different AAS solutions and stuff. I just don't know where to get the info. I'm talking even as simple as acronyms, and how to properly sterilize, it doesn't have to be about AAS per se, I need chemistry information. If anyone has someplace that I could do this research or good useful books please respond.
    What exactly do you want to do? We have a conversions forum which will have stickies, etc on creating AAS solutions from powder form, etc, but if you're looking too making chemicals, adding esters, etc I dont' have any helpful info
  5. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    455

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    What exactly do you want to do? We have a conversions forum which will have stickies, etc on creating AAS solutions from powder form, etc, but if you're looking too making chemicals, adding esters, etc I dont' have any helpful info
    lol. Yeah, what do you need to know that you can not find on the boards?
  6. Have you seen my stapler???
    ChemicalD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    I'm talking even as simple as acronyms, and how to properly sterilize, it doesn't have to be about AAS per se, I need chemistry information. If anyone has someplace that I could do this research or good useful books please respond.
    I would start with an ORGANIC text...mine is written by WADE.
    Then, I would cover basic organic laboratory techniques with an experiment book, mine is by PAVALA.
    These should give you enough information to build a solid foundation, and to be able to ask more specific questions.

    I am a chemist. PM me or email with specific questions or for further discussion.
    Last edited by ChemicalD; 02-22-2005 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
  7. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalD
    I would start with an ORGANIC text...mine is written by WADE.
    Then, I would cover basic organic laboratory techniques with an experiment book, mine is by PAVALA.
    These should give you enough information to build a solid foundation, and to be able to ask more specific questions.

    I am a chemist. PM me or email with specific questions or for further discussion.
    YES!! This is what I was looking for, a basic start in books on organic/biological chemistry, which works with AAS creation and injections, but many many other applications as well. Thank you!!
  8. Have you seen my stapler???
    ChemicalD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    DA:
    Keep in mind that the material is dense, and may take some time to understand.
    Never begin an experiment without proper equipment, and never guess.
    Chemistry is wonderful when you understand it.
    Stay awy from biochem books for a while, they will only throw you off course in the beginning.

    By the way, are you the same DA from T-rag.com
    I am (was) the same ChemicalD, that is, until they banned me for calling them out on EVERYTHING!
    (I mean, calling the "labs', the Customer service, and the bitch aka Cy Wilson).
    I hope they show up at the AC....
  9. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    I don't seem to have access to PM you, but I was wondering if this was the first book you were talking about?

    Amazon.com: Organic Chemistry (5th Edition): Leroy G. Wade: Books

    I couldn't seem to find the other one. Do you think just that one would give me a good start?
  10. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalD
    DA:
    Keep in mind that the material is dense, and may take some time to understand.
    Never begin an experiment without proper equipment, and never guess.
    Chemistry is wonderful when you understand it.
    Stay awy from biochem books for a while, they will only throw you off course in the beginning.

    By the way, are you the same DA from T-rag.com
    I am (was) the same ChemicalD, that is, until they banned me for calling them out on EVERYTHING!
    (I mean, calling the "labs', the Customer service, and the bitch aka Cy Wilson).
    I hope they show up at the AC....
    No I'm not...I'm only DA on BulkNutrition and here so far.
  11. Have you seen my stapler???
    ChemicalD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Here is the most informative book (I have found) on laboratory techniques:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

    That text by WADE is fine (mine is the 4th ed.).

    If you have little or no chemistry knowledge, get a general chemistry text also. If you are near/at a decent university, you should be able to find a plethora of chemistry texts that you can borrow from their library.
  12. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    Ok, well unfortunately I'm not very near a University, and have been out of college for quite some time, any good beginners chemistry books? I'm sure I'll get back to it pretty easy, I did well in high school, but that was around 10 years ago.
  13. Have you seen my stapler???
    ChemicalD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    Ok, well unfortunately I'm not very near a University, and have been out of college for quite some time, any good beginners chemistry books? I'm sure I'll get back to it pretty easy, I did well in high school, but that was around 10 years ago.
    DA:
    Any text simply listed as "CHEMISTRY: The Central Science" will suffice as a general chemistry book.
    I believe that if one has an understanding of chemistry, or a capacity to understand it , the Laboratory Techniques books will give you the tools for your research.

    A solid understanding of chemistry will allow you to seperate the "intelligence" from the "brotelligence" on the internet, while a working knowledge of chemical techniques will allow you to succeed in you research without dedicating hours upon end understanding the whole picture.

    Choose you goals and start learning.
  14. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    Excellent thank you for all your help, I'm hoping I can pick up a used chemistry textbook as a starting point, and then I'll get a good start to keep moving forward from there. You've been a lot of help, and I really appreciate it...I'm a programmer/IT guy, so if you need any help I owe yah one =D
  15. Board Supporter
    DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    496

    Reputation

    I got Chemistry for dummies for $15 today, so I could try it out, and get my feet wet, then I'll move to a more intense chemistry book with problems, and such, then move to more biochemistry stuff after that...I hope that'll be a good progressive movement.
  16. Banned
    wesley90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Chemistry for dummies? rofl... Hey ChemicalD, lets say I wanna be like sledge...lol...create compounds and stuff...would the order of books go like this:

    Basic chemistry
    Organic chemistry
    Physiology

    Or would it be something else?
    Thanks.
  17. Have you seen my stapler???
    ChemicalD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley90
    Chemistry for dummies? rofl... Hey ChemicalD, lets say I wanna be like sledge...lol...create compounds and stuff...would the order of books go like this:

    Basic chemistry
    Organic chemistry
    Physiology

    Or would it be something else?
    Thanks.
    Rest assured, you can only learn so much from books. The real learning takes place in the lab, which I assume Sledge has spent considerable time in.

    If your goal is to create pysiologically active compounds, I would learn-up on the Physiology first. Once you have a grip of that, you can delve into Chemistry(biochemistry), figuring out what makes what produce (blank) response/outcome.

    Personally, as much as I work with Physiology, I have never had academic training in it. If sysnthesis is your goal, go for basic chem (just for kicks), then punish yourself with Organic, and polish up your biochem. But, you will NEVER be at a science-quality level without access to a lab and lots of practice in it. Thats just the nature of the beast. The lab is what learned me, and I ain't done never been no stupid! Seriously though, for homebrews, conversions, and "other" simple tasks, an organic college level text will give you what you need. You just can't wish to be a Organic synthesis chemist and hope it be so!

    I think the Chem for Dummies will give you more trivial than practical info, but I have never read it so what the hell do I know.

    And yes, I have always wondered how Sledge became "Sledge"???

    Sledge???
  18. Banned
    wesley90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    So if I wanna be like sledge...physiology then biochemistry...
  19. Banned
    wesley90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Would the physiology be more geared towards endocronology or what? Physiology is a WIDE range of subjects...
    Thanks.
  20. Have you seen my stapler???
    ChemicalD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley90
    Would the physiology be more geared towards endocronology or what? Physiology is a WIDE range of subjects...
    Thanks.
    No no. I don't know that much personal info about Sledge. Yes, Phys is a broad field. So that goes back to my point, you need academic training to really understand it (it being the whole picture).
    Drug discovery is a very difficult area, just ask Dr.D
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 08:57 AM
  3. Flax oil info
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2002, 05:39 PM
  4. I AM SICK.. of feeling over loaded with info
    By WanaKnowMore in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 07:34 PM
  5. im no chemist
    By destro19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in