injection through a lump from injection

the198lbbeast

Awards
I injected into my right glute 2 weeks from monday, It is now thursday and the swelling and redness have all but disappeared. there still however is a lump that can be felt but not seen. Can I inject through this lump? or is that a bad idea? Just curious.
Thanks a bunch

BiggieG

Awards
I wouldn't. Probably just a little hematoma, but if it is an abscess, that would be bad news to inject through it. Just find somewhere else to inject.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP please do not inject through said lump. There is a plethora of other entry points no need to cause further problems. Did you aspirate and sterilize when you did the injection that led to this lump?

the198lbbeast

Awards
I did aspirate, sterile procedure could have been better, the lump is very small and unnoticeable when I'm standing only while I'm lying down. It shows no sign of edema, or anything like that. I'm just curious because it's two weeks now sense I've injected into that site the only problem I have is I only have 1.5 in needles, so I'm afraid of injecting the needle to far into my shoulder or quad. What's the worst in that situation?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did aspirate, sterile procedure could have been better, the lump is very small and unnoticeable when I'm standing only while I'm lying down. It shows no sign of edema, or anything like that. I'm just curious because it's two weeks now sense I've injected into that site the only problem I have is I only have 1.5 in needles, so I'm afraid of injecting the needle to far into my shoulder or quad. What's the worst in that situation?
I use 1.5 in quad everytime.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the way in or about 3/4 of the way?
Whatever makes you more comfortable but I've gone all the way before with no issue. Generally I leave about 1/2 inch showing.

gainz1

Awards
Bad shots happen..use the other glute? or try ventro

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Same problem! And yes I'm resurrecting an old post lol
But small lump and doesn't hurt or isn't even red. Only been a week tho??