Naringenin/Piperine/ boost SERM half-life?

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

Awards
I've been fascinated by bioperine (black pepper extract aka piperine) lately and it's ability to improve half-life, absorption, and effectiveness of many supplements I take. How this works is similar to naringenin, the anti-oxidant found in grapefruit, it inhibits CYP3A4 and other cytochrome P450 enzymes. These enzymes are often important for drug metabolism.

Looking into Nolvadex I read that, "It is metabolized in the liver by the cytochrome P450 isoform CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 into active metabolites such as 4-hydroxytamoxifen and N-desmethyl-4-hydroxytamoxifen (endoxifen)[23] which have 30-100 times more affinity with the estrogen receptor than tamoxifen itself. These active metabolites compete with estrogen in the body for binding to the estrogen receptor."

Bottom line, I believe that these supplements could improve the bio-availability of Nolvadex and other substances essentially requiring less to get the same desired effect

Application - To what extent, I'm uncertain, it could be DANGEROUS to mess around with something that we aren't clear as to how far it would affect us but CYP3A4 inhibitors have a much much broader potential for use than I once thought. Again I don't want anyone to kill themselves by a freak drug interaction.

Search "RPM on cycle??" and more importantly "Naringenin and some of its useful pharmakinetics"
I found something similar on these threads ^ but I need 20 posts to link :(

Of course this is all theory and I really don't know much about the human body. It's all very interesting to me, what do you guys think?

themayor

themayor

Awards
Say more science stuff.... lol

being serious, interesting.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a lot of companies use naringenin. They use naringin

I have some capped naringenin at my office. I dabble with it every now and then.

I use it for GDA

However. Need to look at % inhibition

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

Awards
Good call on naringin. I'd like to find out the % of inhibition as well. Is piperine more effective than naringin? Factoring cost too

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just eat grapefruit.

Though it doesn't help enough to notice.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no idea about the topic at hand, but I take naringin daily to level out hematocrit levels and it works very well for that.

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

Awards
A better question is why do you need to improve a serm half life?
So that you wouldn't need to take as much or to enable dosing to be farther apart. If you're running a cycle you should be fully capable of paying for a good pct....but I mean, wouldn't it be more economic?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It isn't going to help that much, you'll still need to follow regular dosing schemes.

Sides will be more noticeable

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So that you wouldn't need to take as much or to enable dosing to be farther apart. If you're running a cycle you should be fully capable of paying for a good pct....but I mean, wouldn't it be more economic?
Unless you get free naringenin, probably not.

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

Awards
Won't bioperine have a similar effect? I buy it in bulk.. Haha sadly I'm not capable of running any experiments, I wouldn't even test on my hormones when I already don't know how my body would react to a SERM :x and JBRYAND101B already said it could increase sides