acne that won't go away

madhornet

Awards
I'm trying to see if there is anything I can do to get rid of acne. I have been on test cyp for a good while. Been on antibiotics and tried acne creams. Tried sun tanning. Salt baths. They got better. But never goes away. My test levels are in normal range. Around 700 at 40 yrs old. Does anyone else have this? And is there a way to get rid for good. The ance is big and can look bad. Only on shoulders and back

Mystere3

Awards
Acnedren, antiobiotics, ketaconazole cream

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
Go and consult a real dermatologist.

Accutane is serious stuff and will only be prescribed to you as a LAST result for SEVERE acne.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Benzoyl peroxide works great for me, I'd stay away from salicylic acid tho, it seems to irritate the skin too much and create more redness. Accutane is strong ****, hard on ur body plus can lead to depression and etc

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
Benzoyl peroxide works great for me, I'd stay away from salicylic acid tho, it seems to irritate the skin too much and create more redness. Accutane is strong ****, hard on ur body plus can lead to depression and etc
Lucky you...

I've tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, cleansers, astringents, african black soap, etc...

Nothing is working for me so far.

Gonna go to the dermatologist this week.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Lucky you... I've tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, cleansers, astringents, african black soap, etc... Nothing is working for me so far. Gonna go to the dermatologist this week.
how much and how often r u using all of this? Too many products makes the skin worse, and drying out ur skin too much can also make acne worse.

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
how much and how often r u using all of this? Too many products makes the skin worse, and drying out ur skin too much can also make acne worse.
I'm not using the acid or black soap anymore.

Clean and Clear cleanser 1x every day when I wake up.
Currently using benzoyl peroxide 1x every day in the shower.
Maybe Sea Breeze astringent after the gym.

I use Goldbond ultimate healing moisturizer 2x a day

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I'm not using the acid or black soap anymore. Clean and Clear cleanser 1x every day when I wake up. Currently using benzoyl peroxide 1x every day in the shower. Maybe Sea Breeze astringent after the gym. I use Goldbond ultimate healing moisturizer 2x a day
benzoyl in the shower? Is it in a cleanser? Here's the one I use when I break out (it's like $2.50), I just take a shower, dry off and apply an adequate amount to where I'm breaking out before bed, if u don't wanna stain ur sheets sleep with a tshirt on

image-1343046392.jpg

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
Accutane is a terrible drug- just finished 6 months of it. Dries you out like crazy. That said it's works awesome, I'm all cleared up and the back looks great. It's a last resort definitely.

EatLiftGrow

Awards
Accutane is a terrible drug- just finished 6 months of it. Dries you out like crazy. That said it's works awesome, I'm all cleared up and the back looks great. It's a last resort definitely.
Yeah I've seen it work wonders for a few people but that is under close watch by their doctor with bloodwork done once a month.

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
I've used accutane for 6 months before. It worked very well, and the acne pretty much stays away. It does keep your skin constantly dry though. Not sure about the depression thing lol...

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
What's your estradiol at? I bet if you lowered it a little your acne would subside.

Look it up

madhornet

Awards
Anybody know what o can take over counter to get rid of estrogen. Tried erase!. I'm on trt therapy bug still getting some acne. Wondering If it's from estrogen spikes. Doctor doesnt seem to Care. Heard calcium works good. Any thing out there to kill off high amounts of estrogen.

Mystere3

Awards
Accutane is an awful med. I would never prescribe it.

Mystere3

Awards
Please elaborate. I thought it was pretty incredible, but I could be naive.
Crazy side effect profile, can cause autoimmune diseases down the road, liver issues, often chronic.

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Crazy side effect profile, can cause autoimmune diseases down the road, liver issues, often chronic.
Damn, I didn't notice any side effects besides dry skin and all of my acne vanishing... Should I get checked out to make sure it didn't do more damage?

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I didn't notice any side effects besides dry skin and all of my acne vanishing... Should I get checked out to make sure it didn't do more damage?
how long did you run it and when did you finish?

Mystere3

Awards
You're probably ok but just don't run it again.

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
I just went to the doc a couple weeks ago for my face acne, it was moderate.

He prescribed me Clindamycin phosphate gel and Adapalene cream.

It's working good so far. Acne is definitely clearing up.

He prescribed me an antibiotic pill too, but I chose not to take it because of the damage it can do to my digestive system.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Last summer for 6 months.
yeah I agree with mystere, you should be fine, esp if your not noticing any side effects. Accutane is like anything else, it effects some people differently then others. Just be glad it worked as hoped, a lot of people aren't so lucky

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just went to the doc a couple weeks ago for my face acne, it was moderate. He prescribed me Clindamycin phosphate gel and Adapalene cream. It's working good so far. Acne is definitely clearing up. He prescribed me an antibiotic pill too, but I chose not to take it because of the damage it can do to my digestive system.
U can use acidophilus , while on antibiotics.......

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
I'm on accutane right now and you NEED joint supplements like Cissus or an all in one product like Achilles from AL. My bloodwork was always perfect and they even took me off the bloodwork for how good it was lol. I took Liv52 the whole way through so far and even up to now. I'm on my last month.

Anyways, what worked for me before my last cycle just exploded me was this:

Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide - Use index finger length and apply evenly across your face and if on your back apply it there as well. BP works no matter what.
Acne.org Moisturizer / Cerave PM (used this in AM as well) - BP will dry you the **** out as good as sounds, it can cause your skin to be irritated and can produce more oil

I would try this kind of routine honestly, and the BP is extremely effective no matter what you just need more. Always go for a topical gel of BP 2.5%. Anything else is worthless. I used acne.org because I couldn't find any other BP like it lol.

5ourdiesel

Awards
I just went to the doc a couple weeks ago for my face acne, it was moderate.

He prescribed me Clindamycin phosphate gel and Adapalene cream.

It's working good so far. Acne is definitely clearing up.

He prescribed me an antibiotic pill too, but I chose not to take it because of the damage it can do to my digestive system.
Topical clindamycin has been working for me like a charm after washing my face/back with benzoyl peroxide. You should give it a shot before oral antibiotics. Antibiotic pills don't necessarily 'cause damage' to your digestive system, they just end up killing your intestinal flora which will grow back after cessation.

I went on accutane a few years ago and that was a horrible decision. Digestive problems came out of nowhere and unfortunately they are probably permanent. Stomach was basically paralyzed, ended up getting gastroparesis with IBS. Not to mention that my acne slowly trickled back after stopping accutane. The retanoic acid signaling pathway is something that you should definitely not **** with, there's a good reason why Roche Pharmaceuticals (creator of accutane) yanked accutane off the market, even though its net profit was billions. Roche basically found out that it was causing more problems that it was treating, and decided that it could be a huge liability for their shareholders. Now, the only form of accutane in US markets is generic isotretinoin. The worst part of accutane and the retanoic acid pathway is that many patients will be fine during and after treatment, its 20yrs down the road that might be a different story.

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
What dosage where/are you guys on
I was on 20mg for the first 2 months, 40 mg next two and then now im at 60. I get a few chest and back pains but it's from extremely dried out bones lol. Nothing interferes with my workouts it's just right after squats or any back related workout after the set I'll get this surging rush of soreness lol. I dropped it down to 20mg since I'm completely clear and that went away. It's a really good medication I just didn't come prepared for the dryness internally.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
yep, even extra showers make it worse. your skin is not stupid, it will feel dry and pump out MORE oil and whats clogged ( acne) will actually get WORSE from over cleaning... you need a balance...

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that stuff is very bad for your liver.
not just that but it can **** you up on a genetic level YEARS after stopping its use. in my OP it should not even be out as an option for bad acne not even last option.. even HEAVY antibiotics are safer IMO

ben_443

Awards
I took it once for about 6months stayed on 20mg the sides were there but bearable. I wouldn't go any higher.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11