Numb penis. Hormone problem?

Smokeyman

Awards
Sup guys,

I've never taken steroids before, but I think I might have a problem with my hormone balance or something. I figure this forum would know a thing or two about hormones so I came here to ask.

I'm 25 years old and for the past several months my penis and testicles have been sort of numb. It seemed to come out of nowhere. No touch sensitivity, but I can feel pain from a pinch. I still have some sex drive and can get erections. I've seen a doctor and I got tested for several nerve issues and those came back fine. I then got a testosterone blood test (I guess a very basic one) and it came back fine. I'm not sure what my test levels were, but my doc said they weren't too low so I didn't ask.

I was wondering if I should get a more complete hormone test from like an endocrinologist or something. Have you guys ever heard of a problem like lack of penis sensitivity from out of balance hormones? I'd appreciate any help.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably should go to a doc. Accutane made my wang numb, but I don't think you are on Accutane.

Smokeyman

Awards
Probably should go to a doc. Accutane made my wang numb, but I don't think you are on Accutane.
Nope, I'm not on Accutane. Did your numbness go away after stopping the Accutane? If so, how long did it take?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope, I'm not on Accutane. Did your numbness go away after stopping the Accutane? If so, how long did it take?
Yeah it did. Took a while to get complete feeling back. Some feeling started to come back after a few weeks but probably took 6 months to get back to normal. It was horrible. I feel your pain.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you using a lot of stimulants? Any drugs ie; cocaine , mdma, ect

Finisteride?

Smokeyman

Awards
Are you using a lot of stimulants? Any drugs ie; cocaine , mdma, ect

Finisteride?
No, nothing like that ever. Never taken Finisteride either.

But around the time this started, I started taking a supplement called SAM-e. If I remember correctly, if was like a natural anti-depressant. It supposedly increases serotonin naturally. I took it for a couple of weeks then stopped because it gave me headaches. I can't remember precisely, but I think when I stopped taking the SAM-e, that's when this numbness started. Its got me wondering if the SAM-e somehow it caused this. I mean if prescription anti-depressants can cause this then maybe the natural ones can too. But I really don't know, maybe I'm reaching. I'll try mentioning it to my doctor next time.

I'm thinking about asking my doctor to take more blood tests, specifically hormone level tests. You guys think that's worth a shot? What if my testosterone levels are fine, but something else is off? Could that cause sexual dysfunction?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Yea is see a doctor and quick. You don't wanna lose your dick do you?!

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
RIP OP's dick :(