Finasteride Max Dosage?

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
I'm planning my next cycle and considering doing M1T. I have early stage MPB that I manage with finasteride 1mg/day and minox topical. On a previous 500mg/week test cycle with an SD kick I managed the shedding pretty well. I'm assuming I might not be so lucky going with M1T. I was wondering if anybody has ever taken the full 5mg finasteride tablet on a daily basis while on cycle to minimize shedding, or is that too much? Maybe 2mg/day?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm planning my next cycle and considering doing M1T. I have early stage MPB that I manage with finasteride 1mg/day and minox topical. On a previous 500mg/week test cycle with an SD kick I managed the shedding pretty well. I'm assuming I might not be so lucky going with M1T. I was wondering if anybody has ever taken the full 5mg finasteride tablet on a daily basis while on cycle to minimize shedding, or is that too much? Maybe 2mg/day?
Don't use fini

Use topical dht blocker fini ****s a lot of people up libido and erection quality wise.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Don't use fini

Use topical dht blocker fini ****s a lot of people up libido and erection quality wise.
^^^ listen to the man. I've used it and it messed my junk up for a long time.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
What are some topical dht blockers?
The most popular and well regarded topical hair product that is backed with real science not just pseudo BS you read on the internet, and the broscience you read here on sites like this is Minoxidil 5%. The cheapest place to get it is at Costco. Costco's Kirkland brand makes a generic. It's sold as both foam and a liquid. The liquid is much cheaper, but the foam seems to be more popular, less oily and messy.

Once you start Minoxidil you can NEVER stop so be sure you are committed to taking it for the rest of your life. In most cases, it will not regrow hair so much as it will greatly reduce the rate at which you are balding. You can manage MPB if you catch it early enough with the combination of Minoxidil and Finasteride. Minoxidil is not a "DHT blocker." DHT Blockers are often bull**** so be careful. Many of these bogus products are sold to desperate and unsuspecting guys whom don't know better. It's a multi-billion dollar scam industry. Excess DHT, which leads to MPB, happens in the blood, so unless you are also blocking it in the blood stream with Finasteride, local topical blockers are not going to help all that much if you have true MPB.

Minoxidil is a vasodilator. It works on the scalp to help open up the follicles for better oxygen absorbtion and blood flow.

The other topical product that has real science to back it is ketoconazole. It often comes in a shampoo. It is one of the only true, topical local DHT blockers, even though interestingly enough it's not sold as such. 1% keto is OTC, anything over that is prescription strength which can be obtained from your doctor and/or ordered online overseas. Keto's anti-fungal properties reduce scalp microflora and may reduce follicular inflammation that contributes to MPB. Keto also blocks the local synthesis of DHT in the scalp as well as acts as an antagonist of the androgen receptor.

So imo, if you want to keep your hair, 1mg fina daily, Mionx (I only apply it at night) and keto shampoo every few days.

I have been doing this for many years now and have not has adverse sexual side effects from the fina. I guess I'm lucky. My doc used to always say if I did have trouble getting it up, there's a pill for that too. I figured keeping my hair, which I have been able to do was worth the risk. However, upping the dosage of fina is prolly not a good idea.