Eat at maintenance during pct or surplus ?

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Just finished my first week of nolva for pct. I've been eating my maintenance calories 2935 during this and have maintained my weight at 212lbs. should I continue to do this until pct is over it should I up my calories. I've been reading threads about ppl losing all their gains during pct so I want to try and maintain until I start a slow cut in May.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I would recommend upping the cals especially if you are planning on cutting next month. Do your best to keep lifting with the same intensity as when you were on so that your new found strength becomes your every day strength,

stann123

stann123

Awards
I would recommend upping the cals especially if you are planning on cutting next month. Do your best to keep lifting with the same intensity as when you were on so that your new found strength becomes your every day strength,
^^^ this. And don't rush into your cut. I started mine right after pct and it wasn't a good move. Lost more strength and size then I should've

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
I would wait at least a month after your pct is finished to start a slow cut

Mystere3

Awards
Personally I like to drop my calories to TDEE during pct and add osta to keep my gains, then slowly transition to a deficit over the next 1-2 months. I find eating at bulk level calories in pct will add fat FAST.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was thinking about staying at maintenance for a while because I have a friend who lost everything in like 2 weeks and was on the same exact cycle as me he must not have ate too good in cycle or is eating like crap now. I'm still on vacation now and I weighed myself in the gym and was surprised. One more question do I really need to get a test booster after my pct ? I thought that was a little weird that someone would recommend that. Is it too keep my test high ? Shouldn't I eat good to keep it where it's at now ?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Yea I was thinking about staying at maintenance for a while because I have a friend who lost everything in like 2 weeks and was on the same exact cycle as me he must not have ate too good in cycle or is eating like crap now. I'm still on vacation now and I weighed myself in the gym and was surprised. One more question do I really need to get a test booster after my pct ? I thought that was a little weird that someone would recommend that. Is it too keep my test high ? Shouldn't I eat good to keep it where it's at now ?
The test booster is simply to help libido along while your serm is helping to reboot your HPTA system, and controlling the estrogen. Its not mandatory but it can help some times

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
The test booster is simply to help libido along while your serm is helping to reboot your HPTA system, and controlling the estrogen. Its not mandatory but it can help some times

ok thanks for clearing that up i didn't know if i needed it. i never shut down while i was on cycle and i feel great in my pct now so i doubt ill need that.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
ok thanks for clearing that up i didn't know if i needed it. i never shut down while i was on cycle and i feel great in my pct now so i doubt ill need that.
Any time brother. If you are feeling good on PCT you are doing stuff right :)

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Any time brother. If you are feeling good on PCT you are doing stuff right :)
yea I've been eating really good, veggies, chicken, steak once a week, fish, and some fruit post work out usually pineapple chunks. I'm on day 10 of pct haven't lost any weight at all.

Mystere3

Awards
Agreed - Keep with the same diet and training you used on cycle
I understand the rationale but feel that most people will gain a lot of fat with this caloric approach without the repartitioning you get from the steroid.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I understand the rationale but feel that most people will gain a lot of fat with this caloric approach without the repartitioning you get from the steroid.
While there may be a chance to have a small increase of fat if he is going to be doing a cut anyway and his diet is on point the risk reward would lean more towards a caloric surplus vs eating at or slightly below maintenance.

Mystere3

Awards
Just run osta and eat at maintainance and you won't lose an ounce of your gains while allowing yourself to recomp during pct while maintaining or increasing strength.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Just run osta and eat at maintainance and you won't lose an ounce of your gains while allowing yourself to recomp during pct while maintaining or increasing strength.
That is another way of doing things :) I will be trying that PCT approach with my epi tren stano stack this fall