how long can you stay on test cyp

madhornet

Awards
Another question for all of you? I am TRT patient. I'm being told by Dr that test treatments may be along time. Been on a year already. I have packed on allot of lean muscle. Lost weight as well. Is it normal to get leaner on test cyp. I work out four days a week and eat pretty well. Guess I'm asking is it ok to stay on test cyp so long? And is it normal to get ripped verses bulked up

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another question for all of you? I am TRT patient. I'm being told by Dr that test treatments may be along time. Been on a year already. I have packed on allot of lean muscle. Lost weight as well. Is it normal to get leaner on test cyp. I work out four days a week and eat pretty well. Guess I'm asking is it ok to stay on test cyp so long? And is it normal to get ripped verses bulked up
It is for life.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes very normal, it sounds like you had very low levels for a long time. You workout and hopefully eat well so these results aren't unexpected.

madhornet

Awards
Does test make your body change somehow. Like I feel like I'm full of energy and stronger. What changes are created from TRT except the obvious.

Mystere3

Awards
Yeah that's the whole point of steroids? Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you serious? A quick google search will net you about a 1000 pages of how testosterone will affect you.

madhornet

Awards
Yes they do have many websites that give info. I'm asking here to get real feedback from more trustworthy people. Internet sites can be both ways. Please share your thoughts

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thoughts are that test is only part of the picture. There are a lot of hormones in play to make you feel good, strong, mentally clear, and keep libido up. You need to hit the right balance with all of these and this is done by "seat of the pants" and actual lab work. Can test make you feel great and build muscle, of course. But if it is throwing anything else out of whack, then it can feel not so good.

madhornet

Awards
Very well said. These are the answer I'm looking for. I appreciate your feedback. I'm getting blood work quite often. All good so far. Just feel so amazing. Guess I had a low test problem for years. Now is this the norm is my question. If it is then I have been sickly for along time

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it likely is and if you are keeping SHBG, e2, and DHEA levels in line, then you are going to feel amazing. As someone that has been through the ups and downs of nailing the perfect protocol for myself, I can say that there is nothing better once you are there.

madhornet

Awards
I see on other chats that some run high doses of test. What levels do the sides most likely kick in? I'm also curious to know how some if not most people tend to bulk up. In my case I get leaner with good muscles at the lower doses. Wonder why so many run high levels

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could write a book based on your post, but to keep it simple:

- you are on TRT and likely because your levels were below the range. Once you move into range, you will build muscle and lose fat. There is only so far you can take that, though. To go to the next level, you need to move beyond the range. However, you can take yourself VERY far with normal/high normal test and proper diet/training.

-sides can kick in at any level, but the chances increase as test levels increase because e2 also increases

-people take more because of 1 of 2 reasons. They believe that it will make it easier and that they have maxed out what they can do. They are almost always wrong. The other group actually has likely maxed out what they are going to do with what they have and high test outside of normal range helps them get there.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
The main concern for TRT in my opinion, is the fact that the cholesterol levels can be affected!!!!, it is the worst side effect and you need to check that, also it is said that TRT may also affect heart health overall (in a negative way), theres some studies to back this up.... but then I read a few that defend TRT saying that test is good for health health, however, they confirm that cholesterol levels are indeed affected anyways..... if its true then that sucks badly.

Also,the higher the dose, the worseyour cholesterol leves HDL/LDL would be (obviously), 200 mgs per week are considered high, I guess 100 can put you in a decent level for test. probably in the 800 range? now the question is, how bad would this dose be on cholesterol?

Mystere3

Awards
The studies claiming TRT is bad are on a very unhealthy patient population (va patients with previous heart disease) and is a retrospective study and doesn't prove cause/effect.

As far as lipid levels, this is a pretty good analysis.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/770544

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
The studies claiming TRT is bad are on a very unhealthy patient population (va patients with previous heart disease) and is a retrospective study and doesn't prove cause/effect.

As far as lipid levels, this is a pretty good analysis.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/770544
Will check this link, thank you, however, there are some studies regarding this issue and also some bros on the forums are claiming that theire cholesterol is bad during TRT with bloodwork to prove ( the HDL/LDL ratio is nasty on bw results) most do not mention the dose tho.

Check the following link, the scary part is that the test was done only 2 days after the injection, thats incredibly quickly, Will also reinforced this study with some tests.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8567093

handcannon7

handcannon7

Awards
TRT dose of test should barely, if at all mess with any health markers at all as long as you're a healthy male without any previous serious conditions or diseases, ill be on test until the day I die, don't see why I would come off. Especially when I'm older and test levels decline, I advocate it to my uncle all the time your quality of life as an older male is simply better on TRT.

xam2991

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn. Wish i could be on trt so i could run cycles all the time with no consequences :/ and by consequences i mean PCT

Being facetious btw.

madhornet

Awards
Good to hear all the feedback. I have done some research on pros and cons of TRT. Have to say my whole sense of well being feels great. I honestly wonder why it's illegal in this country to use steroids. It seems it gives us a huge advantage to allot of positive things. Understanding that it's risky to health if abused. But lets be real! More people over eat and are walking in obesity and fast food makes a fortune off people. FDA ignores that! But if you use steroids then it's wrong. Don't make sense if it's making us better.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are numerous natural supplements that lower cholesterol if that is really the concern for you. I have been on TRT for a little over 3 years and get labs every 3 months and annual CBC. My numbers are always within range and I keep my testosterone levels in mid-upper normal range.

madhornet

Awards
Do you workout as well. Could you share your results or changes that took place.

Mystere3

Awards
Steroids are dangerous and shouldn't be used lightly. If you can just buy them off the street like in Thailand there would be all sorts of ppl getting liver failure and infections.

Good to hear all the feedback. I have done some research on pros and cons of TRT. Have to say my whole sense of well being feels great. I honestly wonder why it's illegal in this country to use steroids. It seems it gives us a huge advantage to allot of positive things. Understanding that it's risky to health if abused. But lets be real! More people over eat and are walking in obesity and fast food makes a fortune off people. FDA ignores that! But if you use steroids then it's wrong. Don't make sense if it's making us better.