Anadrol - exaggerated liver damage???

Meerschaum

Awards
Okay we all know Anadrol is toxic to the liver (as are all orals), but the stuff comes in 50mg tabs, and the dosing on http://www.anadrol.com/ANADROLPI.pdf (for medical purposes mind you) says 1-5mg/kg with 1-2mg/kg being the typical responsive dose, that'd be an insane dose for most guys here ( think 240 = 109kg = 218mg drol e/d for stretches of time that can be quite long, if that dosing is correct? is it?, if this is correct why do people tend to assume 150mg or 200mg of anadrol is a super-duper dose and exceedingly dangerous? (at least some here) I'm just interested to hear what you guys think. I have read some stories of frequent drol users getting liver cancer, but I've also read (in my medical searches and such) of people being perscribed anadrol for huge lengths of time, at doses anywhere from 50-250mg and not reporting any adverse problems. I'm just interested to know what the deal is on drol, from Dr.D or someone who knows about the substance more than simply quoting a steroid website for bodybuilders or such, as its used medically and its given to people in seemingly high doses to treat anemia. I've read on alot of steroid profiles that the drug is horrid but they cite no studies, they show nothing aside from perhaps some user reports of lousy cycles with it at best.

On another note, from what I've read about drol, the people who seem to have really bad expierences with it, I'm not saying always (because there is no always in the bbing community) but frequently seem to be stacking it with test and no AI or Diuretic or anti-hypertensive, it seems the bloat of test plus the bloat of drol, the estrogen of test, plus the method of action of drol, lend themselves for a nice miserable situation, yet other people who've run weaker androgens along with it (deca/low dose test/drol for example) tend to have better expierences, and the drol solo guys seem to be loving it and saying they shed fat, grew muscle, got vascular and loved the stuff. so I'm also wondering what the consensus is on the stuff from guys who've used it here?, this is not me doing research here, I'm interested to hear how your expierences where, what you ran with it?

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
excellent points... I've done two cycles of drol; one with test/tren and the other with trans 1-T. Miserable is right -- felt like warm-**** on the drol/test/tren cycle, while the drol/1T cycle was a comparable breeze -- felt great with no significant elevation in bp. I've got a fair amount of drol and deca, but deca shuts me down like tren. Deca isn't my friend. Next cycle with be a light bulk with test and anavar, but would like to hear from guys who run drol with something dry.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
no, drol is liver toxic but the worst of it is is like you said, the insane dosages people have to take of it. and it does rot the livers out of the people taking it for medical reasons as well. for the efect vs cost I just don't like it.

bmass

Awards
well that Anadrol can give liver cancer is based on a studie done i think in the 70:is and it was a little japanese girl she had some liverdisease and they gave her BIG doses of anadrol every day for 2 years and she developed livercancer.

Meerschaum

Awards
excellent points... I've done two cycles of drol; one with test/tren and the other with trans 1-T. Miserable is right -- felt like warm-**** on the drol/test/tren cycle, while the drol/1T cycle was a comparable breeze -- felt great with no significant elevation in bp. I've got a fair amount of drol and deca, but deca shuts me down like tren. Deca isn't my friend. Next cycle with be a light bulk with test and anavar, but would like to hear from guys who run drol with something dry.
Yeah, thats pretty much the same thing I've heard from alot of guys, running drol alongside test/tren would give ya a horrible effect, and possibly leads to peoples belief that its horrid.

@Skye

I know its toxic, all 17aa's are to varying degrees (cheque drops probably taking the cake at 1mg wrecking a liver in no time) but how exaggerated is the toxicity of anadrol? doctors give this stuff to people all the time apperantly to treat anemia, keep them on it for very long periods of time, and the people (generally) do fine, yet bodybuilders often take it at doses an MD it seems, would perscribe and have horrible adverse reactions sometimes, other time not (although these reactions seem to have little or nothing to do with the actual toxicity of the substance and everything to do with bloating/water/salt retention), I'm interested in what causes the horrid reactions, what where peoples cycles like, is there any concrete info on just how liver toxic drol is to the liver?, what about those who had good expierences with it? etc.

If I where to go strictly from anadrol.com I would think 150mg for someone my weight, for a two month stretch, assuming I have a healthy liver, wouldnt wreck my liver very badly, not to say I would do that, but where I anemic, its likely I could get perscribed that dosage it seems, would my doctor be wreckless to give me that ?....

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I think those storys are anecdotal.
There´s not much toxicity to any oral and the only thing that might happen are some
necrotic(dead tissue) spots in the liver.

there were for sure incidents of cancer,but cancer is widespread and number 2 dead-cause and if something like this happens in a clinical trial or medical history it is mentioned for further investigation purpose.

What some people do with that information is another point and tend to having bias on how the general public shall be informed or not, etc. .

Yes,there maybe some very rare individual cases in how some die even of a singel shot Primo.(no joke)

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
That was my point, they don't do fine. one of the sides is they can devolp liver problems. I am sure that they are watched carefully and all that but as I understand it is a major problem with medical drol. Largely though its going to depend on the person, some tolerate it better then others. but again its more liver toxic then most and you have to use 3 to 4 times what you would other drugs of comparable effectiveness. (dbol may not work as well but you only have to take 25 to 50mg, not 100 to 300mg.)

And while I am ranting consider this. It would be healther to 2 grams of test then the dbol. (cheaper too, at least for me) I would think that the 2 grams would produce better gains then the one of drol, easier on you body all round and far, far better for you liver. I just can't see it. I know others disagree but when I look at the cost (on your body) vs effects and options I just can't see it. Its like people that want to run halo. Why? They could do the same thing with fina, and there is something wrong with a drug that makes fina a much safer option.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Intrestingly I´ve been reading a study of d-bol or drol I don´t remember exactly but I think it was d-bol.

It took place in china and a cohort of about 1200 people with anaemia were treated with high doses of the steroid and were examined over a 2 year period.
only few percent started(up to 18%) to develop adverse reactions with high liver-values which showed up in the first 2(maybe4) months of treatment.
I think half of them stopped and began taking it again,when liver-values were back to normal and didn´t show adverse effects anymore.
During the course all (yes all) problems showed up early and no problems developed during long term treatment in these two years.

But I think t´s better for musclegrowth and healthier to take test in combination with about 20-40mg d-bol than taking 50-150mg drol.

I remember earlier studies when Winny was admistred at 500mg-1000mg/day there were large problems with begnin liver-cancer.

I think there is a plus for orals just because they´re 17aa.you just need to find out the rigth amount ,where the stress is usefull and not many sides present.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Could you elaborate a bit on that? How's that possible?

It was 74year old male and after a singel 200mg of Primo,he fell into a shock and died .
don´t rember exactly but I think it was the liver which quit .

Meerschaum

Awards
That was my point, they don't do fine. one of the sides is they can devolp liver problems. I am sure that they are watched carefully and all that but as I understand it is a major problem with medical drol. Largely though its going to depend on the person, some tolerate it better then others. but again its more liver toxic then most and you have to use 3 to 4 times what you would other drugs of comparable effectiveness. (dbol may not work as well but you only have to take 25 to 50mg, not 100 to 300mg.)

And while I am ranting consider this. It would be healther to 2 grams of test then the dbol. (cheaper too, at least for me) I would think that the 2 grams would produce better gains then the one of drol, easier on you body all round and far, far better for you liver. I just can't see it. I know others disagree but when I look at the cost (on your body) vs effects and options I just can't see it. Its like people that want to run halo. Why? They could do the same thing with fina, and there is something wrong with a drug that makes fina a much safer option.
Now we all know the classic debate of Dbol .v. Drol at this point, I personally think its apples and oranges, as the safe dose of every drug varies so widely, cheque drops are quite toxic, want 25-50mg of those? of course not, its dosed and used according to its toxicity.

2 grams of test a week compared to dbol? again apples and oranges, of course the test might add more bulk, but suppose the athelete or bodybuilder is merely using the drug to kickstart a longer cycle? suppose test-prop isnt an option since it dosent work well for them? suppose they are looking for primarily a strength boost at the beginning?, suppose for them dbol just plain old works great and they love it. I mean, there are a million reasons people use one substance over another. I know some powerlifters use drol in a pyramid fashion running up to their meets, are they making a mistake? you would have to ask them and debate it with them, people are going to continue using drol safe or not safe. Have you run drol Skye, how was your expierence? what did you run it with? what do you think of that anadrol.com pdf?...

crazydoc1

Awards
Bear in mind that many many HIV wasters who were prescribed Anadrol were migrated to Oxandralone because of largely the hepatotoxic concerned for long term usage. The much lower hepatotoxcitiy of oxandralone makes it a better choice to consider for long-term anti-wasting use.

Meerschaum

Awards
Bear in mind that many many HIV wasters who were prescribed Anadrol were migrated to Oxandralone because of largely the hepatotoxic concerned for long term usage. The much lower hepatotoxcitiy of oxandralone makes it a better choice to consider for long-term anti-wasting use.
Crazydoc1 I believe it, but when you say long term, what do you mean? are we talking weeks, months, how many months?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Now we all know the classic debate of Dbol .v. Drol at this point, I personally think its apples and oranges, as the safe dose of every drug varies so widely, cheque drops are quite toxic, want 25-50mg of those? of course not, its dosed and used according to its toxicity.

2 grams of test a week compared to dbol? again apples and oranges, of course the test might add more bulk, but suppose the athelete or bodybuilder is merely using the drug to kickstart a longer cycle? suppose test-prop isnt an option since it dosent work well for them? suppose they are looking for primarily a strength boost at the beginning?, suppose for them dbol just plain old works great and they love it. I mean, there are a million reasons people use one substance over another. I know some powerlifters use drol in a pyramid fashion running up to their meets, are they making a mistake? you would have to ask them and debate it with them, people are going to continue using drol safe or not safe. Have you run drol Skye, how was your expierence? what did you run it with? what do you think of that anadrol.com pdf?...
did run. The effective dose for me started at 150mg. (almost a gram) I did grow fast but sides aside it was nothing more then what I could have done with a load of test (have tried that two) or dbol. And the sides were really bad. Maybe I am a little predjous on drol bu my point here being that you could easily find a replacement for the stuff with other and safer things. Of course people are going to do what they will to meet there goals but if I have a chose of running an harsh drug or running one or two safer drugs and achiving the same thing I am always going to do the latter

Meerschaum

Awards
did run. The effective dose for me started at 150mg. (almost a gram) I did grow fast but sides aside it was nothing more then what I could have done with a load of test (have tried that two) or dbol. And the sides were really bad. Maybe I am a little predjous on drol bu my point here being that you could easily find a replacement for the stuff with other and safer things. Of course people are going to do what they will to meet there goals but if I have a chose of running an harsh drug or running one or two safer drugs and achiving the same thing I am always going to do the latter
Well, good (bad? considering it sucked for you) to hear it, what did you run it with?, what sides did you expierence?, I'm not trying to encourage drol use in this thread, or debate that a person can bulk much safer and get pretty much identical results if not better results (thats a given and I fully agree with you) , but drol has its special place and its often assumed to be extremely toxic, I just wonder if this is exaggerated considering the information I've read, and I also wonder if alot of the horrid sides people report arent due to the nature of stacking things with drol that act in synergy to make the expierence lousy.

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
i plan on using some drol in an upcoming cycle in a few weeks, i'll let you know how it goes

jasmado

Awards
was going to use drol, but changed my mind decided to get oxandrolone instead.
not as strong but not as toxic , and i hear the weight tends to stay on better.