INSULIN!!

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
Anybody here besides me have any experience with insulin, weather it be novalinR, humalin or humalog?

Mystere3

Awards
It's good for bulking; humalog is much better than the others but you need to have a very good sense of how your sugars will behave with it and keep your glucometer close by until you've established a good routine.

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
It's good for bulking; humalog is much better than the others but you need to have a very good sense of how your sugars will behave with it and keep your glucometer close by until you've established a good routine.
Ok.. So you've ran slin? I bought a meter, I have humalog. But I'm planning on doing it post show after the all day cheat the day after. When I'm back on clean diet basiclly.

What's your thoughts on using slin post show?
What's normal levels

Mystere3

Awards
Yes.

What's your purpose for running the slin post show? As a GDA? I don't think that's the best use of it.

What do you mean normal levels? Of glucose? Or how much insulin should you use?

First thing you need to do is figure out what your insulin sensitivity is like. I would take your blood sugar after about 1-2 hours of fasting, then take 20g of simple sugars like dextrose in water, then take your blood sugar 5, 10, and 20 min after. Then take 1 IU of humalog and see what it does to your sugars, take your sugars every 5 min or so for half an hour.

Most people should have approximately the following results from that test:

Fasting blood sugar 70-90 mg/dl.

Your sugar should go up from there to 120-130 after the dextrose over a lil bit, then go down to 95-110 after the slin.

It shouldn't go all the way down to where it was prior to the sugar/slin.

After you do this, the next day or so, try the exact same test with 10g of dextrose and 1 iu.

In theory, your ending sugar 30 min after slin should be approximateky what it was fasting, maybe just a lil higher.

If that's about right, you know you have pretty normal insulin sensitivity and can portion about 9g carbs per IU of slin.

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
Yes. What's your purpose for running the slin post show? As a GDA? I don't think that's the best use of it. What do you mean normal levels? Of glucose? Or how much insulin should you use? First thing you need to do is figure out what your insulin sensitivity is like. I would take your blood sugar after about 1-2 hours of fasting, then take 20g of simple sugars like dextrose in water, then take your blood sugar 5, 10, and 20 min after. Then take 1 IU of humalog and see what it does to your sugars, take your sugars every 5 min or so for half an hour. Most people should have approximately the following results from that test: Fasting blood sugar 70-90 mg/dl. Your sugar should go up from there to 120-130 after the dextrose over a lil bit, then go down to 95-110 after the slin. It shouldn't go all the way down to where it was prior to the sugar/slin. After you do this, the next day or so, try the exact same test with 10g of dextrose and 1 iu. In theory, your ending sugar 30 min after slin should be approximateky what it was fasting, maybe just a lil higher. If that's about right, you know you have pretty normal insulin sensitivity and can portion about 9g carbs per IU of slin.

Love the insight you have provided. I've taken slin in the past 10iu before work out then 7 after. Each time I has 50g of carbs or a meal that had 75g of carbs.
Ran for 5 weeks.
My trainer had me do it.

My theory behind using post show is my body much like other competitors grows a significant amount the couple months after a show... I'm wondering if it would maximize that

Mystere3

Awards
I would try to quantify how you resound to insulin, especially with humalog. It's very fast acting and it sounds like you didn't have any ill effects from it but if you had low blood sugar prior to giving yourself 10 units of insulin you could easily bottom yourself out into a coma, so you should always take carbs WITH the insulin, never after. I also don't like the idea of taking insulin preworkout because in theory if your glucose utilization is high you could bottom out. I would def make sure you had some glucose containing drink to sip on.

Mystere3

Awards
Insulin will make you grow no matter when you use it. It will obv be best if you're on a lot of Anabolics concurrently.

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
I would try to quantify how you resound to insulin, especially with humalog. It's very fast acting and it sounds like you didn't have any ill effects from it but if you had low blood sugar prior to giving yourself 10 units of insulin you could easily bottom yourself out into a coma, so you should always take carbs WITH the insulin, never after. I also don't like the idea of taking insulin preworkout because in theory if your glucose utilization is high you could bottom out. I would def make sure you had some glucose containing drink to sip on.
Oh I have at least 50g karbolyn while working out every work out... Unless I'm real close to a show.
So no worries about that.
And I would take it 1 hour before gym with a meal then start sipping on karbolyn right when I get there.
What do you think about slin causing fat retention?

Mystere3

Awards
It's an anabolic hormone and will cause lipogenesis as well as protein synthesis; the worst part is that a lot of the fat deposits appear to be visceral; I would use it while not in a huge surplus for that reason, although you only have to be in a relative surplus for that to occur. Some people used to stack it with lutylase or DNP for that reason, not that I'm advocating that.

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
I suppose fat gain is a huge factor assuming it's run safely . If humalog stays in system up to 3-5 hours then obvious no fats should be consumed .

What I don't get is the amount of carbs and the timing . .
For example was looking at say

Humalog 10iu
Shake incl 70g carbs dextrose and whey bcaa etc etc

30 mins train
Intra shake 30g dextrose and whey bcaa etc .

Finish training after hour workout and it gets confusing

To keep fat down would immediately after training a carb meal and lean protein be good here ? Or no carbs ? Or a shake with dextrose again ?
Obviously no fat .

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Yes.

What's your purpose for running the slin post show? As a GDA? I don't think that's the best use of it.

First thing you need to do is figure out what your insulin sensitivity is like. I would take your blood sugar after about 1-2 hours of fasting, then take 20g of simple sugars like dextrose in water, then take your blood sugar 5, 10, and 20 min after. Then take 1 IU of humalog and see what it does to your sugars, take your sugars every 5 min or so for half an hour.

Your sugar should go up from there to 120-130 after the dextrose over a lil bit, then go down to 95-110 after the slin.

After you do this, the next day or so, try the exact same test with 10g of dextrose and 1 iu.

In theory, your ending sugar 30 min after slin should be approximateky what it was fasting, maybe just a lil higher.

If that's about right, you know you have pretty normal insulin sensitivity and can portion about 9g carbs per IU of slin.
Good advice. I will add that this type of BG testing should also be continued after the insulin cycle. This will allow you to see if your insulin use is causing you to become insulin resistant.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
DangerDave has experience. He might chime in.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Anybody here besides me have any experience with insulin, weather it be novalinR, humalin or humalog?
Im diabetic does that count ;)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking it post show and just eating a **** ton is just going to make you fat. It's going to do more harm than good.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I'm diabetic so no experience with it for anything but glucose management I would suggest checking sugars intra and post workout though. And keeping fat intake to a minimum while on. I'd also suggest picking up a glucagon pen in case of overdose

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose fat gain is a huge factor assuming it's run safely . If humalog stays in system up to 3-5 hours then obvious no fats should be consumed .

What I don't get is the amount of carbs and the timing . .
For example was looking at say

Humalog 10iu
Shake incl 70g carbs dextrose and whey bcaa etc etc

30 mins train
Intra shake 30g dextrose and whey bcaa etc .

Finish training after hour workout and it gets confusing

To keep fat down would immediately after training a carb meal and lean protein be good here ? Or no carbs ? Or a shake with dextrose again ?
Obviously no fat .
Your bodies ability to use fat for fuel ( lypolosis) stops when insulin is present in the blood.

If liver an muscle glycogen is full, the sugars will be converted into triglycerides.(storage form of fat)
If you aren't able to use these triglycerides, they will be stored as fat.

Anabolism includes building muscle as well as building fat cells.

What's going to be important is to teach your body to become extra efficient at beta oxidation

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Your bodies ability to use fat for fuel ( lypolosis) stops when insulin is present in the blood. If liver an muscle glycogen is full, the sugars will be converted into triglycerides.(storage form of fat) If you aren't able to use these triglycerides, they will be stored as fat. Anabolism includes building muscle as well as building fat cells. What's going to be important is to teach your body to become extra efficient at beta oxidation
Thanks mate

So basically it's a fine line . It's a science . For now I'm happy playing it safe and checking . But I'll look into fat storage abit more in depth I think .

One thing I did run past a knowledgeable person was up to 10iu on training days humalog .
I'm guessing everyone different in a chance of becoming diabetic .
Was thinking in future increase to 10iu twice a day am pm training days only and 4 wks on 4 wks off . But researching risks in that .
Can't understand people doing 20iu 3-4 times a day it's crazy lol

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
For best muscle gain we thinking pre workout or post ?

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I haven't tried Humalog. I'm just familiar with how Novalin/Humulin works and its the perfect active range for me to run twice per day on short blasts and I can monitor it well and have lean gains even without a glucose meter. Its better to have one but of I feel weird I drink some carbs or eat some and its fixed. Always have them on hand. I never leave the house without a bag of powdered donuts or a carb shake or even a regular soda.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Ok.. So you've ran slin? I bought a meter, I have humalog. But I'm planning on doing it post show after the all day cheat the day after. When I'm back on clean diet basiclly.

What's your thoughts on using slin post show?
What's normal levels
I know you were asking Mystere but I ran it after my last show. Starting the morning after. Considering I was depleted AF from the dieting, adding insulin in along with Trestolone Acetate I went from 192 to 218 from Sunday morning till Monday of the following week. And what's crazy is I was more vascular. A tiny bit of water but since my body was basically craving nutrients I feel its the best time. And now 3 months later I'm cutting and holding my weight at 212. And plan to hit my next show at 210 and 5%. Insulin gains when followed by a normal cycle are very very maintainable.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
You really should invest in a glucometer bro better safe than sorry.

hipoint

I have run slin and gh together for a synergistic affect I lost 2% bf I found it to be a fat cutter more than a bulker and helps with vascularity do a search for mutants insulin protocol it explains a lot.. In theory insulin engorges the cell and gh divides it in theory of course... Some people run it once a day and twice if you can handle the side over 10iu I was getting shaky and possibly go hypo I found 8grams of carbs to 1iu was my optimal amount more you start to get fat make sure you run Metformin on your off days helps with insulin sensitivity stay up in your body...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes.

Old post but nice input nonetheless ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know you were asking Mystere but I ran it after my last show. Starting the morning after. Considering I was depleted AF from the dieting, adding insulin in along with Trestolone Acetate I went from 192 to 218 from Sunday morning till Monday of the following week. And what's crazy is I was more vascular. A tiny bit of water but since my body was basically craving nutrients I feel its the best time. And now 3 months later I'm cutting and holding my weight at 212. And plan to hit my next show at 210 and 5%. Insulin gains when followed by a normal cycle are very very maintainable.

That's insane man!!