Muscle Memory

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.64%

Muscle Memory

Alright, so my question has to do with prohormones and AAS. What I would like to know is the following: after completing a cycle where you gained obvious size and lost the majority of it during PCT, would it be easier to build back up to that size due to "muscle memory"? This theory being that it is easier to gain back the muscle that you had previously attained at a faster pace. I hope this makes sense to you guys.
    Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.95%

I think I understand your question. Your asking if the muscle memory theory applies to the lost muscle that was helped built using PH's/AAS as opposed to building the muscle naturally.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.64%

That is exactly what I mean. Once the muscle gained on cycle is lost (worst case scenario), can it be gained back faster than if one had never used prohormones/AAS?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.95%

I doubt we'll see any studies done on this and the only way to know would be someone's first 1st hand experience.

AS I SEE IT, muscle built by PH/AAS is still muscle. I don't think the body can recognize the difference between strands of muscle built naturally vs. muscle built by PH/AAS. Therefore I believe the muscle memory theory would still apply to muscle not built naturally.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by KCPreki11
    ...AS I SEE IT, muscle built by PH/AAS is still muscle. I don't think the body can recognize the difference between strands of muscle built naturally vs. muscle built by PH/AAS. Therefore I believe the muscle memory theory would still apply to muscle not built naturally.
    I know this has been dead for over a year, but I was wondering the exact same thing and my search was some-what futile (searched muscle memory in thread title).

Does anybody have any experiences they can share?

It kind of seems like a no brainer, but a few definitive answers from experience would be interesting to hear about. Like most stuff...it may even just vary on the person's body...I hate that answer...especially when you know it is probably true (always leaves me wondering )
  6. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You are forgetting some very important factors here. You have to remember that a lot of the weight lost and I will even go as far as saying the greater majority of the weight lost during PCT isn't just muscle. A lot of it is water retention and muscle glycogen. During any AAS cycle increased glycogen levels in your muscle do add to weight retention, this can be seen during a cycle of SD, especiall with me where you start to lose that jacked/pumped feeling the day you come off of it, assuming you continue your cycle but just drop the SD. The water retention is another big one, although there are a lot of things out there that don't aromatise and therefore don't cause heavy water retention, the vast majority will still bloat you and post cycle much of that water is lost, especially while taking anti-e's that are blocking/combatting estro.

I am a strong believer that if a well planned, strong PCT protocol is followed you can severely limit losses. Heck spending 150 bucks and adding in IGF on a long cycle will in many cases allow you to gain good weight PCT. But with HCG/nolva/lean extreme/igf/fenu/trib/zma, you would have an extremely potent PCT.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Memory... Once An Animal, Alwyas An Animal??
    By Carbocation in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
  2. SS's no Supplements Muscle Memory Log
    By supersoldier in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 08:42 AM
  3. IGF-1 Connections to muscle "memory"
    By jomi822 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 02:30 AM
  4. Muscle Memory?