Does anyone know of adderalls effects on catabolism? users

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Just curious if anyone knows the biochem of adderall and its effects on the body besides the obvious stimulatory effects. I'm taking it now IR...this very moment..probably why I'm on here and not studying

I'm wondering if it truly puts your body into a catabolic state...how do amphetamines actually speed up the metabolism? or do they? Any srs lifters use adderall regularly?

Thanks

M

Mystere3

Awards
It's a sympathomimetic so it increases cortisol release which can be catabolic; that being said I don't think it's that bad.

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Mystere you r the man thanks. Is there any studies on this I can't find any...I'd be interested to know how much cortisol or how catabolic it can really be and im guessing its dosage dependent...I'd like to not be eating my muscle everytime I take 10-20mg of adderall, I try to counter it with my diet, protein and lots of water but idk how well its working

M

Mystere3

Awards
There are way too many factors to really speculate. I think you'll probably be ok. I would take some osta in pct though or stop taking the adderall.

Messer

Messer

Awards
Mystere you r the man thanks. Is there any studies on this I can't find any...I'd be interested to know how much cortisol or how catabolic it can really be and im guessing its dosage dependent...I'd like to not be eating my muscle everytime I take 10-20mg of adderall, I try to counter it with my diet, protein and lots of water but idk how well its working
Don't know if this really helps you but a buddy of mine is ****ing yoked and the only true natty person i know and he lives off of adderall so and I take it as well I'm not big by any means but i'm putting on lbm by the week on cycle so I'd imagine it's not going to negatively impact you too much as long as you continue to eat and train well

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious if anyone knows the biochem of adderall and its effects on the body besides the obvious stimulatory effects. I'm taking it now IR...this very moment..probably why I'm on here and not studying

I'm wondering if it truly puts your body into a catabolic state...how do amphetamines actually speed up the metabolism? or do they? Any srs lifters use adderall regularly?

Thanks

Catabolism is defined as taking larger molecules and breaking them down into smaller ones.
In this case, to be used as energy.

Anabolism is the taking of smaller molecules to build up into a larger one.
Muscle gain, and fat gain are both anabolic processes.
Both anabolic and catabolic processes require energy.

M

Mystere3

Awards
I realized I didn't really answer your question and it's actually a very complicated answer.

Cliff notes, adderall and other amphetamines inhibit the reuptake of norepinephrine and epinephrine, which causes them to have a longer effect, which is why they have a stimulating effect. They also inhibit the reuptake of serotonin and dopamine, causing a "high" and antidepressant effect. Furthermore they have tons of other effects such as inhibiting glutamate uptake which may cause their neurotoxicity, decreasing saliva excretion at high doses, leading to dry mouth and poor oral hygiene, and in theory inhibition of monoamine oxidase b which can lead to increased blood pressure especially when combined with yohimbine and other sympathomimetics.

Thanks

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
That was a good read..damn, our body gets tricky sometimes..and this
They also inhibit the reuptake of serotonin and dopamine, causing a "high" and antidepressant effect. explains why I crash after adderall and get weaker workouts...dehydration, glutamate. Smh. I'll be off the addy in two months.

M

Mystere3

Awards
Modafinil is a better choice for ADHD and as a nootropic.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
There are way too many factors to really speculate. I think you'll probably be ok. I would take some osta in pct though or stop taking the adderall.
osta is still suppressive, dont believe the hype on the sarms being totally without shutdown, atleast the mains ones being sold not. personally i would rec against it in pct IMO

M

Mystere3

Awards
osta is still suppressive, dont believe the hype on the sarms being totally without shutdown, atleast the mains ones being sold not. personally i would rec against it in pct IMO
They aren't totally without shutdown. That being said in my experience the effect of the serm even w/o test boosters or AI will more than outweigh the effect of the ostarine and you'll recover hpta with low (or in my experience) even high dose ostarine.

Even if that's debatable, what is without debate is that you'll lose gains in pct without the ostarine.

S

Superman_777

Awards
Lol OP. Me and you are just alike. When I take an addy or vyv for studying, I end up on the internet researching or on a forum, and trying to accomplish all other things non-related to school.

Messer

Messer

Awards
Lol OP. Me and you are just alike. When I take an addy or vyv for studying, I end up on the internet researching or on a forum, and trying to accomplish all other things non-related to school.
Then perhaps you don't have add or adhd and just have no self discipline or control. If you're aware of a problem and don't work on it that's ignorance not a justifiable reason for a med.

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Haha! Messer your right, discipline is partly and issue here..but it doesn't mean there's no control at all! I would think whether you have ADD or not this happens from time to time...but yeah I definitely do have ADHD and when I take my addy I still tend to get side tracked from time to time on forums like this because its something that truly interests me, even more so on addy...you can only sit in the library and read for so long drinking protein shakes n **** before its time for a little misc searching on the forum...its my anabolic mind :)

Messer

Messer

Awards
i'd be more worried about becoming an addict. adderall feels like dope to me, and i know people who abuse it regularly. just saying, addiction aint a joke.
Yeah adderall is definitely easy as **** to get hooked on. It's amphetmines so you feel good and are incredibly productive which is basically what everyone wants in todays age

M

Mystere3

Awards
Personally I think it's fine as long as the doses are kept stable (10-20 mg) and you take it orally. People get in trouble with amphetamines when they're insuflated or injected.

Yeah adderall is definitely easy as **** to get hooked on. It's amphetmines so you feel good and are incredibly productive which is basically what everyone wants in todays age

Messer

Messer

Awards
Personally I think it's fine as long as the doses are kept stable (10-20 mg) and you take it orally. People get in trouble with amphetamines when they're insuflated or injected.
yeah but when you take it regularly your tolerance sky rockets

M

Mystere3

Awards
It does but if you keep taking it at 10-20 mg it still has beneficial effects like increased metabolism and focus, just the high is less. Think of it as a supplement.

Messer

Messer

Awards
It does but if you keep taking it at 10-20 mg it still has beneficial effects like increased metabolism and focus, just the high is less. Think of it as a supplement.
which we all know we move up to bigger and better supps then injecting the juice and stacking lol

M

Mystere3

Awards
which we all know we move up to bigger and better supps then injecting the juice and stacking lol
I take 50 mg of forskolin 95 a day and have for 3-4 years. I don't run more forskolin than that and haven't boosted it to 100 mg. Even my cycles are the same freq more or less, one pin, which is always the exact same, one oral, which I change up but the doses are essentially the same. More isn't always better.

Messer

Messer

Awards
I take 50 mg of forskolin 95 a day and have for 3-4 years. I don't run more forskolin than that and haven't boosted it to 100 mg. Even my cycles are the same freq more or less, one pin, which is always the exact same, one oral, which I change up but the doses are essentially the same. More isn't always better.
you have olympian levels of self control bro.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
yeah but when you take it regularly your tolerance sky rockets
Yep, AND its the road to an addiction...
Be careful OP..

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Haha I've been there with addy...When i was first introduced to it by my physician about 2 years ago he prescribed me 60 x 30 mg XR! Idk wtf my doc was thinking but I was hooked quickly because it was like a miracle drug to me I felt amazing and unkown levels of confidence and wit..But for this reason alone I looked forward to taking it everyday so I did...this **** messed me up for a while, my brain chem for sure but damn I got a lot done...I quit for about 5-6 months and realized I did have bad ADHD...until I recently got prescribed 10mg Instant releases and taking mostly 4 days a week or test weeks. I don't go over 10 usually but for tests 20. It feels normal..the way its suppose to be taken lol...jumping off asap

T

tturchi

Awards
Yep, AND its the road to an addiction...
Be careful OP..
I'm currently recovering from addiction to adderall. Highest amt my doc would prescribe me was 30 mg IRs x 3 daily (90mg a day). I would finish this in 2 weeks so basically was taking 180 mg every day. Then I would buy scripts or indv pills from people. Trust me, if u ever get to this point get help. It cost me more than just money. I was so worried ab getting the effects of adderall I overtook it and would cause me to focus on other things besides my academics. This happened during dental school which I got dismissed from. I could've gone back if I told them ab my addy problem but was so addicted I didn't want to admit it. Just thought I'd share this bc I wish I had known before it was too late.

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
I'm currently recovering from addiction to adderall. Highest amt my doc would prescribe me was 30 mg IRs x 3 daily (90mg a day). I would finish this in 2 weeks so basically was taking 180 mg every day. Then I would buy scripts or indv pills from people. Trust me, if u ever get to this point get help. It cost me more than just money. I was so worried ab getting the effects of adderall I overtook it and would cause me to focus on other things besides my academics. This happened during dental school which I got dismissed from. I could've gone back if I told them ab my addy problem but was so addicted I didn't want to admit it. Just thought I'd share this bc I wish I had known before it was too late.
Jesus christ man..thats terrible, sorry to hear about dental school that's a lot of work to get in and you did..I'm currently in the physicians assistant program but yeah I can't even imagine taking 90-180mg a day wtf would you do! If its not too late you should go back and explain to them your addiction problem..thanks for the experience tho I not planning on taking over 20mg anytime soon

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
I dabbled with nootropics in the past, but stopped when I got on adderall. My experience was with piracetam and aniracetam. Both work as agonist on nmda receptors and so does adderall. That is the reason I stopped, bc they would cause cross tolerance. Anyways the nootropic mentioned is worth looking into, but from what I have taken so far...adderall by far kicks butt!!

Also taking ir. Make sure u eat first then take it. Helps with the whole killing your desire to eat. Thats the biggest prob with adderall. I also think you do burn more calories on it..I lost 6-7 lbs at first. It sucked. Then I got into sarms and forcing self to eat. I am leaner and bigger than before my adderall usage due to sarms and of course diet.

So summary you WILL loose muscle on adderall if you dont enough. Make sure you eat and yull be good. Eat well and take ostarine and youll be a beast.

It may be suppressive if you hpta has been abused already, but I am basically anabolic virgin. I havnt noticed shrinkage or lack of libido. Studies also show it barely effects lh levels and that means t levels should raise very quickly after usage..@

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Nice I'm interested to hear your results from osteraine I myself have never used a SARM but I'm waiting for my first shipment now. Debating on when to run.

And I agree adderall does kick ass when u don't go nuts with it..My diet is good and I had a killer chest tri workout tonight so far so good!

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
Nice I'm interested to hear your results from osteraine I myself have never used a SARM but I'm waiting for my first shipment now. Debating on when to run.

And I agree adderall does kick ass when u don't go nuts with it..My diet is good and I had a killer chest tri workout tonight so far so good!
I take chelated magnesium to help with tolerance. I have been on longer than my bro who doesnt use mag and hes complaining about tolerance increase. After 6 months I just now started to notice an increase, but nothing a couple weeks off cant fix. Summer too ill try to give myself two months off.

Oh an yeah check out my log if u want. Weights gone up and its been really dry gains. abs are deff better, but hard to see diff in a pictures bc my phone sucks. I just got a better quality source, so im hopen thatll further my gains.

Its a great option for those who dont want to realllly mess up their hormone levels and loose hair etc. Im waiting a few more years till im 25 to mess with test and that stuff.

I mean it has deff helped get my body to look its very best and I have a good 4 weeks left

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Yeah good choice you will blow up when you jump on if you maximize you potential until then. Where did you get your osterine from?

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
Yeah good choice you will blow up when you jump on if you maximize you potential until then. Where did you get your osterine from?
Pm me....I got banned in the past for asking where to get a source

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
Pm me....I got banned in the past for asking where to get a source
I hope I do blow up..I mean so at least the wait was worth it. On the other hand I have seen many start juicing too young and still coming out smaller or less cut then me...especially those who thought an otc pct would work for like an 8 week cycle of dbol and such haha
Then I know those who are bigger (not as lean) deff way bigger, but will prob have permanent damage to hpta

All in all waiting sucks, but should pay off pm me though

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
If you learn the biochemistry/endocrinology and learn the specific compounds used as an anabolic you can regulate your hormones responsibly and prevent most damage. But I agree, its the ones who jump on with no education..no long term goals...and immature mindset that run into trouble. Learning how aas's and other compounds work is the interesting part. Waiting doesn't suck...you have all this time to learn the ins and out now so by the time ur 25 ur ready

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I take chelated magnesium to help with tolerance. I have been on longer than my bro who doesnt use mag and hes complaining about tolerance increase. After 6 months I just now started to notice an increase, but nothing a couple weeks off cant fix. Summer too ill try to give myself two months off.
When do you dose your Mag? I usually dose 500mg before sleep.

I take 20-40mg Adderall 3-4 times a week.

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
When do you dose your Mag? I usually dose 500mg before sleep.

I take 20-40mg Adderall 3-4 times a week.
Yes I was taking that much last semester, but due to harder classes and busier schedule started taking 5 days week.

I used to take 400 mg before bed, but I figure your body will absorb more if you space out the dose. So now 200 mg breakfast 200 lunch 200 bedtime 600mg total of elemental magnesium. ...do yourself a favor and get doctors best chelated your stomach will thank you as well. You deff cant completely stop tolerance, but I feel its helped a lot. I just needa take two weeks off and I bet id be back to no tolerance.

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
Plus magnesium has shown many many benefits in general and a lot of people dont get enough

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Yes I was taking that much last semester, but due to harder classes and busier schedule started taking 5 days week.

I used to take 400 mg before bed, but I figure your body will absorb more if you space out the dose. So now 200 mg breakfast 200 lunch 200 bedtime 600mg total of elemental magnesium. ...do yourself a favor and get doctors best chelated your stomach will thank you as well. You deff cant completely stop tolerance, but I feel its helped a lot. I just needa take two weeks off and I bet id be back to no tolerance.
Ok cool, do you take Mag everyday?
I sleep great on Mag and take a day off here and there. I heard somebody say that Taurin is good to take with Adderall also..?

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
Yeah magnesium and tums are what I used..I have also heard about taurine but I haven't looked into it. And agreed with luke the best way is to cycle on and off adderal like anything else for a tolerance break.

I also noticed taking protein shakes loaded with BCAA's etc seems to really help my adderals effectiveness its like it kickstarts another release..but this is just by feel not fact

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
Ok cool, do you take Mag everyday?
I sleep great on Mag and take a day off here and there. I heard somebody say that Taurin is good to take with Adderall also..?
Taurine is thought to go well with adderall bc it too acts a minor nmda receptor antagonist. Agmatine is another otc nmda antagonist as well. Adderall is an nmda agonist, nmda antagonist theoretically keep the receptors "fresh" or maintain its sensitivity to nmda agonist such as adderall. Cant say how much taurine amd agmatine helped bc I was taking mag as well, but sure would hurt to take all bc all of those supps are good for building muscle as well.

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
Damm bro how long did it take for you to build a tolerance that high?? And how are you feeling now?..I want to avoid a 30+ mg amount at all cost

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
I was on 30mg a day about a year ago..but I would rarely ever go over 30. I've done 60 mg in one day once for cramming finals. But honestly it almost doesn't work at high dosages like that...your brain is just moving too fast its not a good road to go down. Its harder to eat, sleep, and more catabolic..So yeah I would personally stick to 10-20 max and use it only when u need it.

Damm bro how long did it take for you to build a tolerance that high?? And how are you feeling now?..I want to avoid a 30+ mg amount at all cost

F

FitnessLuke

Awards
I was on 30mg a day about a year ago..but I would rarely ever go over 30. I've done 60 mg in one day once for cramming finals. But honestly it almost doesn't work at high dosages like that...your brain is just moving too fast its not a good road to go down. Its harder to eat, sleep, and more catabolic..So yeah I would personally stick to 10-20 max and use it only when u need it.
Totally know what you mean about high doses being counterproductive. You may even think youre learning, but usually its just the drug tricking u..

I will do my best to keep in the 20mg range and will give myself a couple months when schools out.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Yeah magnesium and tums are what I used..I have also heard about taurine but I haven't looked into it. And agreed with luke the best way is to cycle on and off adderal like anything else for a tolerance break. I also noticed taking protein shakes loaded with BCAA's etc seems to really help my adderals effectiveness its like it kickstarts another release..but this is just by feel not fact
What specific protein shakes did you take? Did you supplement with bcaas as well on top of the shakes?

W

weownyourbses

Awards
I used to be addicted to Adderal before I started lifting many years ago. back then I was skin and bones, crazy when I look at picts after gaining ~50 pounds of lean muscle. That stuff starved me couldn't eat, hardly got any sleep at night, always dehydrated. I think in moderation you should be ok maybe take it once a week or just when your studying bit anymore than that you will surely loose some size. Just the increased heart rate that simulates cause alone id imagine you'd been burning cals all night. Just my two cents. Also don't take the XR's that will kill gains for sure.