Judge my LH and Test Levels

Devanjames1

Awards
Hello eveyone!,

I am rather new to the boards so if i am posting in the wrong area please let me know.
Basically i came back from the clinic today after picking up my results and wanted to see what the community thought of my results.
Total testosterone is 18.3 IU and LH level is 3. After scrolling through the net it seems that some people deem LH of 3 low yet my testosterone seems to be decent. I am 19yrs old 6ft tall 200lbs with 5 years lifting experience and am considering going on testosterone, i was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible for a doctor to prescribe TRT or if my levels are too high. The REF range was up to 31IU and obviously im nowhere near that, and my IU seems to be low to moderate.

OPINIONS?!

(please no bashing because of age)

Thanks,
Devanjames

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Don't take test , you already have good levels , why would you mess with those?

Devanjames1

Awards
Thank you Ephedraboy for your input, was just wondering if my LH was low cause it seems to be (google searches say average adults have 5.)
I have been lifting for 5 years and feel like ive plateaued and would like to cycle testosterone for aesthetic/performance purposes, figured if i could do it legally and properly i could reap the other benefits of testosterone aswell without all the negatives.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Thank you Ephedraboy for your input, was just wondering if my LH was low cause it seems to be (google searches say average adults have 5.)
I have been lifting for 5 years and feel like ive plateaued and would like to cycle testosterone for aesthetic/performance purposes, figured if i could do it legally and properly i could reap the other benefits of testosterone aswell without all the negatives.
hm , i'm young too , i'm 21 , and i've been training for 5 years like you do.
Can you post a photo of you ?
I understand what you want , i never used steroids , and i will do my first cycle in july , but at our age , i really don't think it's a good idea , our hormonal system isn't finish yet , after the cycle --> shutdown = really low T

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Hello eveyone!,

I am rather new to the boards so if i am posting in the wrong area please let me know.
Basically i came back from the clinic today after picking up my results and wanted to see what the community thought of my results.
Total testosterone is 18.3 IU and LH level is 3. After scrolling through the net it seems that some people deem LH of 3 low yet my testosterone seems to be decent. I am 19yrs old 6ft tall 200lbs with 5 years lifting experience and am considering going on testosterone, i was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible for a doctor to prescribe TRT or if my levels are too high. The REF range was up to 31IU and obviously im nowhere near that, and my IU seems to be low to moderate.

OPINIONS?!

Thanks,
Devanjames
Normal LH levels are 1-8 , so 3 is totaly normal

Devanjames1

Awards
Normal LH levels are 1-8 , so 3 is totaly normal
Ephedraboy,

I am at a 3 and the lab i tested at has 1-9 as their reference range. So it seems not optimal, and i plan on doing a pretty detailed PCT with blood work to get my levels back to normal after my cycle. Pictures will be up within an hour or so, thanks for the help!

Devanjames1

Awards
What's your test level in ng/dl?
Will be posting within 5 minutes, just getting home now.
i can take picture of the whole bloodwork form in needed.
Im debating t(e) 400 at 200mg x2 a week, ( total of 1ml a week) for 9 weeks.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Your 19 and considering TRT! Are you effin serious!

Devanjames1

Awards
Your 19 and considering TRT! Are you effin serious!
We will call it steriod use to clarify, but yes through the doctor was preferred but it appears that wont be possible as my testosterone levels arent severely low. I mean its not even close to optimal at the same time.

Devanjames1

Awards
What's your test level in ng/dl?

Testosterone (F) FLAGS RESULTS REF RANGE:
(N) 18.2 M: 7.6-31.4 nmol/L

LH (F) (N) 3. 2-9 IU/L

This meaning i am low on the average and barely made normal levels for LH but my testosterone looks ok though there are people with almost double my test..

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello eveyone!,

OPINIONS?!

Thanks,
Devanjames
I think you're becoming a woman

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Nevermind aha. But seriously any advice? I've heard of people getting trt to get them to high levels within acceptable range.
If you went to the doc at 19 years old and asked for TRT, the doctor would probably just laugh at you.....and say NO!

Devanjames1

Awards
If you went to the doc at 19 years old and asked for TRT, the doctor would probably just laugh at you.....and say NO!
Age means nothing. If you are low you are low. If anythinf having 18 out of 31 at the age of 19 ( we are supposed to be at our peaks) would be more reason for trt.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Age means nothing. If you are low you are low. If anythinf having 18 out of 31 at the age of 19 ( we are supposed to be at our peaks) would be more reason for trt.
This is incorrect, age does mean something. You realize trt is forever right? With your levels the doc won't give it to you anyway more than likely. Just because you don't have as high of test levels as other people your age doesn't mean you go on trt, maybe these levels are high for you? Everybody's different.

Mystere3

Awards
You can probably find some dr at an anti-aging clinic to put you on TRT but I or most drs wouldn't prescribe it esp with the newest data that's out (even though I think that trial is total BS)

vinceisraw

Awards
Have you ever had these tested before? The reason i ask is because i have gotten different results each time. I'm 23. The more i improve my diet/training over the past few years and get better rest it has gone up each time into the high end of normal. I was never "low" or felt that i had low t to begin with though. But i was in the middle of the range the first time i got it tested at 19.

I am by no means an expert, so take this for what it is because i wondered why my test was in the middle of the range a few years ago and someone explained it to me like this: everyones "normal" is different. Try not to focus as much on the number itself and think about how you feel. Do you feel like you have low testosterone? If not, you're probably fine. I would definitely look into improving diet and getting good rest if you are not already and get retested in a few months before going to the extreme of trt at 19 for being in the middle of the range.

Just my .2. Hope it puts your mind at ease a bit.

Devanjames1

Awards
This is incorrect, age does mean something. You realize trt is forever right? With your levels the doc won't give it to you anyway more than likely. Just because you don't have as high of test levels as other people your age doesn't mean you go on trt, maybe these levels are high for you? Everybody's different.
I appreciate your reply and value your opinion, i have been to the doctor for sleep problems as i sleep all day and can't sleep at night and have been told by doctors it could be due to hormones,i have little to no energy ever and my diet and exercise is great. I was just simply wondering with my levels if trt is an option, but i see your points and realize i don't have that option and will need to do it without the script from doctor.

Devanjames1

Awards
I appreciate your reply and value your opinion, i have been to the doctor for sleep problems as i sleep all day and can't sleep at night and have been told by doctors it could be due to hormones,i have little to no energy ever and my diet and exercise is great. I was just simply wondering with my levels if trt is an option, but i see your points and realize i don't have that option and will need to do it without the script from doctor.

Devanjames1

Awards
You can probably find some dr at an anti-aging clinic to put you on TRT but I or most drs wouldn't prescribe it esp with the newest data that's out (even though I think that trial is total BS)
Not familiar with new data, link? :)

I just feel that if i am going to experiment with testosterone it would be best monitored by a doctor, i do not want levels above the ref range.
I'll just get regular blood work and monitor myself !

Devanjames1

Awards
Have you ever had these tested before? The reason i ask is because i have gotten different results each time. I'm 23. The more i improve my diet/training over the past few years and get better rest it has gone up each time into the high end of normal. I was never "low" or felt that i had low t to begin with though. But i was in the middle of the range the first time i got it tested at 19.

I am by no means an expert, so take this for what it is because i wondered why my test was in the middle of the range a few years ago and someone explained it to me like this: everyones "normal" is different. Try not to focus as much on the number itself and think about how you feel. Do you feel like you have low testosterone? If not, you're probably fine. I would definitely look into improving diet and getting good rest if you are not already and get retested in a few months before going to the extreme of trt at 19 for being in the middle of the range.

Just my .2. Hope it puts your mind at ease a bit.
Wow once again a very informational reply!
No this is my first time getting it tested, i do plan to keep getting tested as i start to use. I understand what you are saying but i am extremely active and have been weight training for 5 years now and my diet past 1 year as been pretty amazing. Sleep isnt the best but i do get 10 hours when i finally do sleep!
Thanks again for the reply!

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Sounds like me as a teenager. Teens have messed up sleeping schedules man, and I also needed a lot of sleep to feel refreshed, when I got older it got easier. Look at studies. You don't need trt. If your gonna do steroids do them but I wouldn't fuk around with trt because that's forever, and forever is hopefully a long time for you man. Good luck.

Devanjames1

Awards
Sounds like me as a teenager. Teens have messed up sleeping schedules man, and I also needed a lot of sleep to feel refreshed, when I got older it got easier. Look at studies. You don't need trt. If your gonna do steroids do them but I wouldn't fuk around with trt because that's forever, and forever is hopefully a long time for you man. Good luck.
Alright man i really appreciate everything! Im hoping it gets easier aha, ive had sleep issues since i was 14. Missed so much class and work because of it.
Anyways once again thank you for your time!

Devanjames1

Awards
Veterans with pre existing heart conditions, i would assume that with the higher cholesterol level it would make sense that heart conditions will worsen.
Based on my little knowledge though and scimming the article!

Mystere3

Awards
Well presumably TRT simply restores you to therapeutic which wouldn't affect lipids, also they check lipids and correct abnormalities with statins.

Devanjames1

Awards
Well presumably TRT simply restores you to therapeutic which wouldn't affect lipids, also they check lipids and correct abnormalities with statins.
I feel like a metastudy needs to be done to be certain. Cant assume much as most studies now adays are ridiculous. There would need to be a reason for the strokes and such, increased blood pressure, cholesterol etc. They arent stating what it is only that that group somehow managed to have more deaths.

Similar to the study on "carbohydrates theories".
Many concluded that carbohydrates increased insulin to levels that were detrimental towards health. The metastudy showed the group that had the crazy insulin spike were deprived of carbohydrates for a week prior and given a large amount day of the study . I dont trust studies because they are never straight forward.

Mystere3

Awards
Well keep in mind this is a retrospective study. What would need to be done is a placebo-controlled randomized control trial. The problem is recruitment as you'd need patients who want TRT but would be ok with getting placebo.

Devanjames1

Awards
Well keep in mind this is a retrospective study. What would need to be done is a placebo-controlled randomized control trial. The problem is recruitment as you'd need patients who want TRT but would be ok with getting placebo.
I see the problem there and agree.
I feel the study holds no value on my view of steroids and safety.

Mystere3

Awards
It's probably not relevant to you but it certainly is to your doctor. It's hard to justify putting a 19 y/o on something they'll take for 60+ years if there are studies showing it increases mortality.

Devanjames1

Awards
It's probably not relevant to you but it certainly is to your doctor. It's hard to justify putting a 19 y/o on something they'll take for 60+ years if there are studies showing it increases mortality.

TRT being a lifelong process is what i neglected to take into consideration when i posted. Thats my bad.