Blood Pressure & Prohoromones

w00kie

Awards
Well the other day I went to the doctor and found out that I have high blood pressure. I had a reading of 154 over 110! I'm 25 and my diet is fairly clean. I don't use lots of salt either. So I had some blood work done and I got the test back today. The doctor said everything was normal, so I have no clue of what the hell is wrong with me. She put me on some blood pressure medicine for two weeks and then I'll have to go back in to do another check up.

Ok back to the subject. Since I have high blood pressure now, does anyone know how that will affect me in working out? I bought a nice supply of superdrol, m1t, 1test, and 4ad powder before the ban. I was just curious if I could take any of this stuff. In the past I've had no issues with blood pressure before while on prohormones. Any ideas?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
You will be fine. During cycle, your BP will increase and post cycle it will come back down to wherever the meds take it. I use Twinlab's BP control and NOW celery seed extract during cycle to help keep it under control....well...I used to before the ban ;)

w00kie

Awards
Thats some good info to hear. I'd hate for my ph's to go to waste ;)

blank!

Banned
Awards
Thats some good info to hear. I'd hate for my ph's to go to waste ;)
dude - you need to be focused on your heart, not the horrors of unused PH. that diastolic is nothing to scoff at. get your ass on some hawthorne berry extract and Co-Q10....and like SJA said, maybe some celery seed extract, or just celery seeds. even temporarily elevated BP can cause problems when it's that high.

dont mean to undermine your comments sja; just dont want to see heart health taken lightly.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to agree with blank here. I would lay-off the ph/ps until yoou get it under control. Try to include more cardio in your routine, somehting non evasive, and make it prolonged. Like 45min-1 hour on the eliptical or treadmill keeping the pace slow, and your target heartrate around 65%. This should help lower the bp, and also keep it lowered.

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
You are not on cycle right now right? Phs will more than likely raise your bp and you are nearing stage 2 hypertension already. Go with the advice above and get it under control before you touch the phs.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It could be a 'white coat' effect in the doctors office. Get a good bp reader and take your reading a couple times a day yourself.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I agree that is kinda high, and I would definately break from the PH, in my case I know they raise my BP (resting) so I think a guys gotta be careful, I wonder if your ears are popping or if you are red faced, those are symptoms that shouldnt be ignored. I read that catapres is a good BP med.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
dont mean to undermine your comments sja; just dont want to see heart health taken lightly.

No worries. I figure that since he is off cycle and on BP meds, his BP should drop to the low 120's/low 70's. At least that's what happened in my case. Then, during cycle it may elevate into the 140's/mid 80's. My experience has been that with the added help of the C12 and celery seed extract, that you can keep it down in the 120's/80 range while on cycle.

There is some other great advice posted here. Even mild cardio will help this condition. Also getting a BP reader is definitely a must for anyone with high BP. Mine always elevates when I go to the doc. I even brought my monitor into the office to see if it read the same and it did....of course it was higher until about an hour after I left :think: I don't know why....it wasn't like I was getting a finger up my ass or anything :rofl:

Also, as was pointed out, that high of BP is alarming. Definitely get it under contro prior to starting another cxcle.

blank!

Banned
Awards
You are not on cycle right now right? Phs will more than likely raise your bp and you are nearing stage 2 hypertension already. Go with the advice above and get it under control before you touch the phs.
w00kie - ARE you on cycle or just off from one? if you've had androgens in your body recently then it might come back down, but if you are hormone free at that BP then the last thing you need is to tap into that stash right now.

w00kie

Awards
I haven't taken any ph's in over a year and a half. The doc had three different nurses check my pressure and they all came up with pretty similar results. I don't plan on doing any ph's until this blood pressure situation is resolved, period. This is a major ordeal and I don't want it to get worse. You guys think its still ok to workout with this high of a blood pressure? They told me to come back in two weeks since I'm taking some blood pressure medicine. So I'm gonna go back in a couple of weeks to see what the verdict is. This is crazy.....

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can workout, just don't do real heavy weights. Keep it light, and under control. And like I said some light cardio. And try to keep yourself calm and away from high stress situations. You will be fine.:thumbsup:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
You can workout, just don't do real heavy weights. Keep it light, and under control. And like I said some light cardio. And try to keep yourself calm and away from high stress situations. You will be fine.:thumbsup:

Good info. I didn't realize that you had been off for that long. Bump on the cardio and low impact workouts.

w00kie

Awards
yeah i'm gonna try to hit the gym sunday. probably do some light stuff along with cardio. thanks for the help fellas :D

w00kie

Awards
Update...Well I haven't had the chance to hit the gym, but I had the bp checked today and it was 153/93. So its still high and I'm taking bp medicine. Crazy....

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
what did they prescribe? Meds work differently person to person. Benicar seems to work great for me.

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
You should see if you can get a prescription for clonodin (catapres), lowers blood pressure and increases hgh output. I might consider doing this, but with blood pressure around 130/90 it might be difficult to get the doc to prescribe me something.

w00kie

Awards
They gave me 20mg of Benicar. I don't guess its working. Half of it is probably due to stress from me wondering what the hell is wrong. All I want to do is get back to lifting :( ...LOL...

Bumbaclaat

Awards
Did they at least do a 5 day BP check? At least this way they could see if your high BP was a real problem. I would definitely get that under control before getting on anything. Good luck and especially good health!

w00kie

Awards
No 5 day BP check. I've been checking it everyday on my own and it is still elevated to levels that I'm not comfortable with. I want to get it under control before I start working out again.

w00kie

Awards
Went to the doc and the BP was around 136\89. I did 20min of cardio today and felt pretty good.

Bumbaclaat

Awards
That's not too bad. People will get you wrapped up around your BP being 120/80.
I would still watch it, however...kind of disappointing that the didn't want to do at least a 5 day BP check before putting you on meds.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
That's a high reading, especially for your age, but I'm surprised your doctor didn't ask you to monitor it for a week or so first. You should take readings every day and see if you really are in that range. I had a 148 reading at my Dr. office and then went back the next morning to find it at 108. Later readings were also normal.

w00kie

Awards
Yeah I'm going to continue going back everyday for blood pressure checks. They're gonna be sick of seeing my ass...haha...anyhow I got the bp check today before I went to workout and it was 120/80. :D

w00kie

Awards
I don't think my doctor is the brightest light on the tree, but she's still a doctor and I'm not. It still concerns me that they can just tell me to take a pill for the rest of my life for my bp. I have no history of high bp at all. She gave me a 14 day trial of benicar and they told me to come back after it was done.

Well yesterday when I got my bp checked and the nurse told the doc it was 136/89. So I get a message left from the nurse on my answering machine saying, "The doctor thinks your blood pressure is excellent. Keep taking the benicar and come back in 6 months". I was like WTF! They don't even know what the real cause is. Hell I don't want to continue taking benicar if I don't have to. I was thinking of taking all the 14 day sample, then waiting a week to see how my bp reacted. Actually I was thinking about purchasing some celery seed extract to see what that does.

I just don't want to take something that isn't needed, espically if it is prescription medication. The week before I got sick, I worked around 70 hrs that week and my diet went to total hell for about 3 weeks. So I'm just wondering if stress and diet could be what is causing my high bp.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a doctor, but I would ask why they decided to medicate you after only one reading. Maybe they have a good reason that isn't clear from your message.

w00kie

Awards
Tomorrow or monday i'm going to go see a different doc to get their opinion on it. I'll have to inquire more about why they just decided to give it to me. Maybe it was just her quick way out.....

w00kie

Awards
136/93 is what is was today. I've had a damn headache for a week straight also.....:(

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I've had a damn headache for a week straight also.....:(
Join the club....I can always tell when my BP is getting bad because it feels like someone shot a nailgun through my temple

MetaBeta

MetaBeta

Awards
When your Meds run out,Try High Blood Pressure Control by twinlabs..it works well and you should see results in less than a week. Also Eat Prunes, strawberries, and bananas for a natural source of Potassium. Watch what you eat..fast foods contain a TON of salt... read labels of stuff in the supermarket. One can of whole tomatoes can have a ton of salt another may have on 30 mg a serving. Good Luck

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wookie, have you bought a good blood pressure reader yourself? I would highly recommned you do it since the high readings could be cause by the 'white coat effect' (being nervous in the doc's office). http://www.wordspy.com/words/whitecoateffect.asp

Also readings taken by a young pretty intern or nurse usually raise my bp and pulse rate so I rely on my own readings at home.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
well ive had high bp all my life and im taking benicar hct and clonodine pm before bed for the hgh out put as well as keeping my bp 139/70...my bp runs very high without meds and ive tried all the herbs and stuff. when i was on just benicar and ate some eca it was180/107 at rest, so i decided i had to do something pronto.....now im very happy and also clonidine is very strong so if you dont have very high bp be very careful.

w00kie

Awards
Well I just got back from speaking to another doc about the situation. He says my bp has always flucuated. He also said for me to lay off of the protein supps for a little while to see if the increased intake of the protein would have anything to do with raising my bp due to the increased work by the kidneys. He also stated that it could just be caused by stress, not enough sleep, etc. Also he said I could continue working out as normal. I'm going to take his advice for once and lay off of the supps just to see what happens. He also said it could have been due to illness, so we'll see.......

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
try celery seed extract(3nb) by natural factors 150mg bid it is simply amazing. i was stacking 4ad cyp,1-test cyp,tren,and m-dien and bp has avg. 122/82. w/o the 3nb and using a less intense cycle my bp avg. 155/100 and w/o androgens my bp is at best 130/80

w00kie

Awards
I think I'll pick some up tomorrow. I've read some pretty good things about celery seed. Do you think its safe to take it with my current prescription medicine (benicar) ?

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i am not sure if you can combine the 2 but if you go to supps section and search 3nb* there is a great article on celery seed. my bp is normally a high normal when not on androgens but i am literally shocked how good this stuff works. i would use only "natural factors" standardized to 85% 3nb and take 2caps am and 2 pm. it works as a diuretic and 3 other mechanisms to lower bp. i get mine thru seacoast vitamins-hpe that helps you out

size

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract is wonderful and it works quickly and effectively. I have tried to encourage many people to try it before moving onto using prescription meds.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I think I'll pick some up tomorrow. I've read some pretty good things about celery seed. Do you think its safe to take it with my current prescription medicine (benicar) ?

Yes...it is. I took celery seed, Hawthorn Berry and C12 milk peptides while taking Benicar. The reason was that even with Benicar, my BP was elevating while on androgens. Since then, my Doc took me off of the Benicar because the diuretics were wreaking havoc on my kidneys. My BP is lower than it has ever been. I am now going to try celery seed extract by itself (due to the high cost of C12) to see if it will keep my BP at bay. My Doc was impressed enough that he wanted a copy of my BP log and what I took so that he can research it on his own.

I would recommend that you buy your own BP monitor. I got one that goes on my wrist so that I can take it even with a long sleeved shirt on. I brought it into the Doc's office and it is accurate.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wookie, have you bought a good blood pressure reader yourself? I would highly recommned you do it since the high readings could be cause by the 'white coat effect' (being nervous in the doc's office). http://www.wordspy.com/words/whitecoateffect.asp

Also readings taken by a young pretty intern or nurse usually raise my bp and pulse rate so I rely on my own readings at home.
This is why the test should be taken at the least three times if levels are high. Diastolic levels that are high will not change b/c of the "white coat effect" if they are elevated, then they are elevated for other reasons besides being nervous or excited.

Here is some info. from the Seacoast site about Celery Seed, good stuff.

Celery Seed Extract
  • Proprietary extract standardized at 85% 3-n-butylphthalide In animal studies, lowered BP 12 - 14% and cholesterol by 7% Mild diuretic
  • Calcium-channel blocker
  • Prostaglandin modulator
  • Increased cerebral blood flow
  • Anticancer effects by increasing Phase II reactions
  • Clinical studies show benefit in arthritis (esp. gout)
  • Lowers uric acid levels

w00kie

Awards
I found some at wild oats I plan to pick up tomorrow. Its made by natural factors. Do you guys think I should lay off of the protein? The doc said it could be the protein, but I don't see how the hell I'm going to make the gains. I've still been trying to eat around every two hours, but hell I can only eat so much cottage cheese and tuna fish...blah! My urine tests were perfect though.....

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
How was your BUN and creatinine? I have never heard of too much protein raising BP. But it would skew your kidney values.

w00kie

Awards
Both were fine. They also did a blood test, which was perfect.....

w00kie

Awards
Ok I picked up some celery seed from Wild Oats. It is the Natural Factors brand. Says take 1 daily twice a day. Looks good to me. I'll give this a shot.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
For fans of celery seed extract, did you also try taking C-12 Peptide? (for example twinlab "blood pressure control" product).

How did the 2 compare?

size

Awards
  • Established
For fans of celery seed extract, did you also try taking C-12 Peptide? (for example twinlab "blood pressure control" product).
How did the 2 compare?
Celery is definitely more affordable. So if money is an issue, try the celery first.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Go it. But I'm asking which one worked better for these guys.

size

Awards
  • Established
Sorry. I forgot to answer. I have used both and both worked for me. I liked the celery better as I found it to be just as effective and more affordable.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Where can I buy it? I didn't find it at Nutraplanet or 1fast400.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established

I had the same result as Size. I also stacked the two and it didn't make much difference. So go with celery seed extract as it's much much cheaper.

w00kie

Awards
144/110 w\o celery seed. Started celery seed this evening. I took one pill with dinner and I'll take another when I wake up.