Should I Take Steroids...I'm stuck?

cdpoole18

Awards
I have been working out for almost a year. I started out in May of 2012 I weighed 262lbs with a body fat percentage of about 24.5% on a program called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. I now weigh 213lbs with a body fat percentage of about 19%. I have never counted calories and I did change my diet somewhat. I have never been a big eater. I may eat maybe once or twice a day always under 2000 calories day sometimes not even that. I have gained a lot muscle and have become a lot stronger then I use to be. I can squat 385lbs and bench press 200lbs. My problem is my weight is stuck, the lowest it has dropped is 206lbs but it continues to fluctuate between 208lbs and 214lbs. I am on a 6 week program called Shortcut to Shred by Jim Stoppani workout 6 days a week with cardio in between every set of lifts. I know I burn my calories then I consume on a daily basis what I eat is fairly healthy I drink probably a 1/2-1 gallon of water a day. My weight is not dropping I am trying to get down to about 185lbs. So my question is should I consider talking steriods to cut the last 20lbs or so I need? And if so which ones are best for cutting?

Mystere3

Awards
No, just no.

Steroids aren't for weight loss wtf.

Get a fat burner like ephedrine and caffeine.

Fix your diet. Eat clean, portion out your meals with a food scale and track your calories. Shoot for 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% fat. Drink only water and green tea and up your intake to 1.5-2 gallons.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Lol dude , you've trained for almost a year , already thinking about steroids? ^^

Just train like you do , if you don't lose weigh but lose fat , it's because you're gaining some muscles.
If you want to get lean faster , just get some fat burner , but don't do steroids now , maybe in some years of training .

For fat burners , you can take :
-EC ( ephedrine + caffeine )`
-PES alphamine
-PES Alpha T2
-EBS AAv2
-Forskolin
-Compound 20

Don't stack them , just chose 1 or 2 of them , it will help you lose fat , but don't expect to lose 30lbs in 1 month with those if you don't change your diet.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try fat burners like Finaflex PX or PES Alphamine.

You still have plenty of work to do naturally if your 1RM on bench press is 200lbs @ 213lbs.

If you however decide to run a cycle (I don't recommend it), an Epi clone like EP15TANE is a good starting point at a great cutter. You shouldn't need it though - diet and cardio are what you need.

cdpoole18

Awards
No, just no.

Steroids aren't for weight loss wtf.

Get a fat burner like ephedrine and caffeine.

I only asked because I have heard people using steroids to cut. I take about 1000mg of green tea extract every morning plus i drink coffee...not helping.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
No. You should learn to eat properly. At 230 lbs you should be eating a lot more than 2k cals, you should be spacing it out 6-8x a day and you should be counting nutrition or at the very least find an actual nutrition coach, take the money you were going to use on steroids and give it to said coach. Someone that knows what their doing will get you squared away right. You'll have much better results than juice and it'll be a hell of a lot healthier.

You don't "lose fat" on steroids if you're not eating properly. They'll only help if you are properly dieting. It's not some magic cure all for being lazy and impatient. I don't say this to be a dick I say it from experience.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Are you guesstimating your calories/macros or actually using an app or something to count everything?

Mystere3

Awards
I only asked because I have heard people using steroids to cut. I take about 1000mg of green tea extract every morning plus i drink coffee...not helping.
Bodybuilders use steroids to cut from already low body fat percentages so they don't lose excess muscle mass. You're not at that point and absolutely shouldn't take steroids.

You might try a natural bulk cycle followed by additional cutting, though.

Furthermore you should read about metabolic damage, because that may be limiting your results.

You should be eating calories equal to your BMR. You won't lose weight fast at that level but probably 1.5 lb a week it you're disciplined.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
No, just no. Steroids aren't for weight loss wtf. Get a fat burner like ephedrine and caffeine. Fix your diet. Eat clean, portion out your meals with a food scale and track your calories. Shoot for 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% fat. Drink only water and green tea and up your intake to 1.5-2 gallons.
I'm sorry but wtf. Steroids aren't for fat loss? People cut on them all the time. And 50% protein in a diet? Wtf is this? Seriously?
To the OP: I think it's too soon for you to do steroids even though your squat is really good for a year of training. The general consensus (in the old days Atleast) was wait till you have a 5plate deadlift, 4 plate squat and 3 plate bench. These numbers take dedication to get to and prove that you can be serious about steroids. I personally started just before that but for a little different reasons, as I knew how to train right and eat right, which are the two biggest factors, on aas or not. I would suggest wait till you get to 185 then re evaluate from there. You will be leaner so there's less risk of aromatization and you will have that much more experience.

cdpoole18

Awards
Try fat burners like Finaflex PX or PES Alphamine.

You still have plenty of work to do naturally if your 1RM on bench press is 200lbs @ 213lbs.

If you however decide to run a cycle (I don't recommend it), an Epi clone like EP15TANE is a good starting point at a great cutter. You shouldn't need it though - diet and cardio are what you need.
Thanks, I suppose I will continue to diet and cardio it just seems like im stuck at the same weight not to mention I don't consume a lot of calories. I was just wondering not that I was thinking steroids is the magically answer. Just was looking for something to help me. Jim has me on a lot of supps like CLA and Yohimbe I was just thinking maybe there was something else that could help. I'm not trying to be bulke I'm trying to be lean and cut.

Mystere3

Awards
I'm sorry but wtf. Steroids aren't for fat loss? People cut on them all the time. And 50% protein in a diet? Wtf is this? Seriously?
You didn't read my post correctly. Steroids aren't for WEIGHT loss.

High protein relatively low carb diet is great for natural cutting. Higher thermogenic coefficient and adequate fat for natural test production with relatively low carb is better when you're natural. You want higher carbs if you're on cycle obviously but insulin is not your friend esp if like the OP, there's probably a decent amount of insulin resistance. His problem is also likely too low of calorie intake.

Mystere3

Awards
There aren't magic solutions. You need to eat clean (but more than you're eating now) and exercise. Fat burners may help.

cdpoole18

Awards
Are you guesstimating your calories/macros or actually using an app or something to count everything?
I did calorie count a few times and i found out the most I am eating if I eat three meals a day is about 2500 calories. The program I am own wants you to consume 3000 calories a day so i was thinking ok I'm fine. But sometimes I don't eat three times day I just do not be hungry so i may eat twice or even once a day which leave me at about 1000-1500 calories. Because I'm not eating unhealthy food, I eat yogurt, chicken breast, sweet potatoes, nutrigran bars stuff like that.

Mystere3

Awards
You need to eat more smaller meals and up your overall calories.

How tall are you?

cdpoole18

Awards
You need to eat more smaller meals and up your overall calories.

How tall are you?
Im about 5'8 213lbs I was 207lbs last week my weight likes to bounce around week to week. I don't understand how consuming more calories is going to make me lose more weight.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Im about 5'8 213lbs I was 207lbs last week my weight likes to bounce around week to week. I don't understand how consuming more calories is going to make me lose more weight.
Okay I'm confused. Let's get this straight. You're 5'8 213 ATM.

How many calories are you eating per day? 2500? Or 3000?

cdpoole18

Awards
Okay I'm confused. Let's get this straight. You're 5'8 213 ATM.

How many calories are you eating per day? 2500? Or 3000?
Im suppose to be consuming 3000 calories but I actually consume less then 2000 calories a day.

Mystere3

Awards
Read the article I linked.

TDEE Calculator

If you punch those #s into there you should be eating AT LEAST 2100 cal a day every day.

I would divide those up into 300g protein, 55g fat, and 100g carbs. You can get away with adding a bit more carbs and fat up to ~2600 cal or so (that's your TDEE - 500 calories). At 2100 cal you should expect about 2 lb of weight loss a week, at 2600 about 1.

kolejorg

Awards
My last cut I had good luck with synedrex. I liked it a lot better than oxyelite pro. I'm not sure if you can still find it but it may help you lose some weight. A few of my guys lost a lot of fat when they were stuck by using it. Might be worth checking out.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Quit preaching this low carb BS to him. 300g of protein LOL. You're aware excess protein just turns in carbs via glucogensis. I've never eaten over 190g of protein purposely... Most of time I'm around 160-170g of protein.

Edit: OP use that calculator posted above to calculate tdee.

Mystere3

Awards
It can, but it requires 30% of the calorie content to convert them to sugars. Only a few amino acids (like alanine) are easily metabolized. Protein also doesn't spike insulin levels like carbs do.

For a pure cut I'm always well below 20% carbs with almost all carbs in the AM or periworkout, with no sugars other than possibly cyclic ones intra workout.

Quit preaching this low carb BS to him. 300g of protein LOL. You're aware excess protein just turns in carbs via glucogensis. I've never eaten over 190g of protein purposely... Most of time I'm around 160-170g of protein.

Edit: OP use that calculator posted above to calculate tdee.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Quit preaching this low carb BS to him. 300g of protein LOL. You're aware excess protein just turns in carbs via glucogensis. I've never eaten over 190g of protein purposely... Most of time I'm around 160-170g of protein. Edit: OP use that calculator posted above to calculate tdee.
Weird. At a very similar breakdown to what myster3 posted I've sloughed 25lbs in less than a month. That left me at well over 300g protein btw. Low carb high protein is perfectly fine. If your eating an overage of your caloric needs yes. Protein will turn to fat. If your eating too little guess what? Fat again! There's more than one way to skin a cat man. Yours ain't any better than the other unless you're able to cut with nothing but ice cream pizza and Doritos.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Weird. At a very similar breakdown to what myster3 posted I've sloughed 25lbs in less than a month. That left me at well over 300g protein btw. Low carb high protein is perfectly fine. If your eating an overage of your caloric needs yes. Protein will turn to fat. If your eating too little guess what? Fat again! There's more than one way to skin a cat man. Yours ain't any better than the other unless you're able to cut with nothing but ice cream pizza and Doritos.
Maybe it's just me, but if I cut carbs too drastically my gym performance suffers greatly. I'm a big proponent of low fat, high carb/moderate protein. Of course when cutting I'll slowly cut calories from carb/fat and increase protein. Then again my fats never go over 40-50g so that gives me some room to play with carb/protein

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Maybe it's just me, but if I cut carbs too drastically my gym performance suffers greatly. I'm a big proponent of low fat, high carb/moderate protein. Of course when cutting I'll slowly cut calories from carb/fat and increase protein. Then again my fats never go over 40-50g
Try it for about a month. Once your body uses your fat for fuel your performance will increase greatly. I hired a guy that put me on basically a ckd and I was ready to quit but because I paid for him I said f it and followed it. It works. I like the diet you've laid out too but as I said there's more than one way. I cut 250 to 219 on the low carb. I did 270 to 207 a few years ago on your layout. I feel like low carb is initially quicker. Moderate is slow and steady.

Mystere3

Awards
I personally like fat to at least 20-25% esp in PCT, you need fat to make hormones and if your fat is too low you won't recover hpta as fast; that's especially important for natties.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
As many have said, your not consuming enough calories. Utilize simple things throughout the day for calorie bump like almonds or nuts, add olive oil to things, maybe breakfast protein shake???

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read the article I linked.

TDEE Calculator

If you punch those #s into there you should be eating AT LEAST 2100 cal a day every day.

I would divide those up into 300g protein, 55g fat, and 100g carbs. You can get away with adding a bit more carbs and fat up to ~2600 cal or so (that's your TDEE - 500 calories). At 2100 cal you should expect about 2 lb of weight loss a week, at 2600 about 1.
The fact that they call it total instead of estimated shows how full of shiit is is.

Without proper metabolic testing done, its highly inaccurate.

Mystere3

Awards
That or they say they have "bad genetics"

exactly, this doesn't even make sense. lol 5'7" and 262lbs but you "have never been a big eater" huh. you are probably eating 3 times the calories you think you are. i've noticed this seems to be common in overweight people. my sister tried to tell me that she didn't eat carbs when every time i see her she has a can of pepsi in her hand. lol

cdpoole18

Awards
exactly, this doesn't even make sense. lol 5'7" and 262lbs but you "have never been a big eater" huh. you are probably eating 3 times the calories you think you are. i've noticed this seems to be common in overweight people. my sister tried to tell me that she didn't eat carbs when every time i see her she has a can of pepsi in her hand. lol
I have never been a big guy I played sports in high school and was a track star all my life my weight never went above 175lbs until my gf at the time got pregnant with my son. I got all of her eating cravings and I gained massive weight by the time my son was born I weighed about 252lbs. I gained another 10 after he was born and never gained another pound. My son is 6 years old now so that was 6 years ago. I told myself fat isnt cool and I started hitting the gym again. Almost 1 year later I have lost over 45lbs. I know what I eat I don't drink sodas I havent had a soda in over 5 years. I can eat once a day and be content. So please don't try to tell me I'm overweight and I consume too many calories because I can gurantee you I dont.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I have never been a big guy I played sports in high school and was a track star all my life my weight never went above 175lbs until my gf at the time got pregnant with my son. I got all of her eating cravings and I gained massive weight by the time my son was born I weighed about 252lbs. I gained another 10 after he was born and never gained another pound. My son is 6 years old now so that was 6 years ago. I told myself fat isnt cool and I started hitting the gym again. Almost 1 year later I have lost over 45lbs. I know what I eat I don't drink sodas I havent had a soda in over 5 years. I can eat once a day and be content. So please don't try to tell me I'm overweight and I consume too many calories because I can gurantee you I dont.
You're overweight because you don't eat enough. You can eat too little for too long. Your metabolism will slow down and begin storing calories just like it can store calories when you over eat or eat the wrong foods.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
So what the **** do you want us to say? Go take steroids. Happy? You'll probably still look like **** because you don't track macros properly.

cdpoole18

Awards
So what the **** do you want us to say? Go take steroids. Happy? You'll probably still look like **** because you don't track macros properly.
No that wasn't directed to everyone just to the one who assumed I was over eating. I'm new to the whole dieting counting calories thing. I can see now not eating enough is bad just like eating too much. I will try to make sure I consume enough calories everyday and continue to workout and see if that works.