Epi-related Gyno

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Doing some reading around on Epi as I'm considering it for the first time and lots of threads reporting mid-cycle gyno while on Epi. Not post, but two or three weeks into cycle.

I understand Epi should have anti-e qualities, but there were numerous threads with the same issue.

Is it estro gyno? Prolactin gyno?

Can anybody explain why this would happen and/or if they have experienced it?

LiftBigC

Awards
I would like to know as well. Should the cycle be stopped if this occurs or is there something to take while continuing the cycle?

Don't mean to thread jack. Lol

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to know as well. Should the cycle be stopped if this occurs or is there something to take while continuing the cycle?

Don't mean to thread jack. Lol
You could take an AI on cycle however, with proper PCT and discontinueing product most of these "gyno" issues will subside

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing some reading around on Epi as I'm considering it for the first time and lots of threads reporting mid-cycle gyno while on Epi. Not post, but two or three weeks into cycle.

I understand Epi should have anti-e qualities, but there were numerous threads with the same issue.

Is it estro gyno? Prolactin gyno?

Can anybody explain why this would happen and/or if they have experienced it?
Idk, I know I'm not ever using it again.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Happened to me when I was on test and threw in epi. That's when I started getting problems. Apparently epi can raise prolactin levels a lot. Idk if that was the case for me or not but I'm never using epi again (Used havoc btw). I've heard cases where it could be rebound gyno from bottoming out your E while on it but idk how true this is. All I know is that nolva that worked wonders for me 6 weeks ago made it even worse, which suggests prolactin. Would need a blood test to confirm it thougj

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never had any gyno issues with Epi but didn't find it to be a good "AI" either. My joints never hurt with Epi and my face doubles it's size, lol...

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got gyno from havoc it started to form mid-cycle and increased during pct even with nolva and proper pct it got so bad I ended up getting surgery. Now that I know I'm prone to gyno I use Aromasin on every cycle 12.5 mg eod and haven't had any trouble with gyno. Plain and simple if you have had any trouble with gyno from epi that means you are prone so start using an AI for every cycle.

LiftBigC

Awards
Would you want to add an AI to an Epi cycle? Or just have it on hand incase gyno starts to occur?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would you want to add an AI to an Epi cycle? Or just have it on hand incase gyno starts to occur?
AI is always good to have on hand, no matter what you're running. I wouldn't start it right away because Epi alone kills joints for some people and adding an AI would make it worse.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i never got gyno from epi either.
but what you said is what i'm talking about it being different. dynamic formulas brand made me blow up. alot of water weight and not much joint pain, probably just from lifting heavier. the ironflex seems completely different. joints have started hurting bad and i'm dropping water weight. idk, strange. like its 2 different compounds.
It's possible that some companies (intentionally or unintentionally) sell something else as Epi. I've never heard of Dynamic Formulas but I bet that Ironflex clone is good to go.

My experiences with Epi have always been very similar and I've used 3 different brands. It always makes me blow up.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
i never got gyno from epi either. but what you said is what i'm talking about it being different. dynamic formulas brand made me blow up. alot of water weight and not much joint pain, probably just from lifting heavier. the ironflex seems completely different. joints have started hurting bad and i'm dropping water weight. idk, strange. like its 2 different compounds.
They very well could have been two different compounds.

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Upon looking deeper into the issue, some hypothesize that lowering estrogen (Epi's effect) can actually raise prolactin.

This would make sense and explain the gyno that seems somewhat common on Epi with some.

Anybody smarter than me understand the correlation between estrogen and prolactin?

Mystere3

Awards
Maybe if it alters your thyroid function; prolactin is regulated by TRH.

Generally prolactin shouldn't be stimulated by epi at all.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
I was discussing this on another thread and an experienced member stated that epi cannot cause gyno directly, but once it's passed it's shelf life whatever that may be it decomposes or breaks down into a different compound that can cause gyno symptoms.

Swolljaboi

Awards
My first epi cycle my nips got all puffy and sensitive for about 4 days. I was so scared I had gyno. It just went away as quickly as it showed up. I assume it was just my body reacting to the imbalance of hormones. I wonder how many other people have similar experience and think it's gyno.

pimppapa1977

Awards
Idk, I know I'm not ever using it again.
Did you use an AI like formeron or forma stanzol on cycle? Hate to hijack as well but I am thinking of running this and always use one of those compounds while on cycle.

Mystere3

Awards
I'd be interested in knowing what brand of epi ppl are getting gyno from, if they're typically gyno prone, and what if anything they were taking with it.