Elevated Prolactin ?!?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
OK so I am about 2 weeks after a PCT following a 12 week test E cycle with an Epi kick start(I know, it's a weird compound to use for that).

Anyway, get blood results and I have high (22) levels of prolactin... I'm like what? First of all I'm not lactating or really even showing any signs of gyno.
No sensitive or puffy nips, actually still looking pretty peeled around the chest. No loss of libido, feel pretty normal, except I'm a little p*ssed I'm not still
on cycle lol. Plus nothing I took was a progestin.

I'm a little crazy when it comes to preparation, I always tons of ancillaries on had. I have tamox, clomid, and torem on hand plus arimidex and hcg, even letro, but caber is like the only one I don't have.

I can get it and take it, but should I? I really have no symptoms and wonder if someone just f'ed up the lab results, should I get retested? Anyone had this problem?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Realizing maybe I should have posted this in old school use... any help admins?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd just take L-Dopa. Chemicals like Caber don't come without sides - it could make your situation worse.

Mystere3

Awards
If you feel fine just leave it. It might not be a bad idea to have some on hand just in case it flares tho.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I'd just take L-Dopa. Chemicals like Caber don't come without sides - it could make your situation worse.
Thanks. I already get some L-Dopa from a supp I take, but I might have to up that. Also I've heard B6 helps, but I kinda smell BS regarding that.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If L-Dopa and B6 don't help and you want to stay away from prescription drugs and research chemicals, try Black Lion Research' Prolactrone. Many friends of mine rate it much higher than Inhibit-P.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i take .05mg of dostinex in a divided dose twice per week.. all year round.. only sides it causes for me is constipation and thats only if i dont eat clean

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
b6 didn't do anything for me. havent tried the p5p version. l-dopa did nothing either. what was your test level? because i've read that it blunts the release of prolactin. nolva may block prolactin also , so you may simply be having a rebound response from the serms clearing your system. if your not having symptoms though, i wouldn't take sh1t for it.
Test was 340, which doesn't seem right either. You make a good point about the possibility of rebound, I did use tamoxifen during PCT.

IDK... I think ultimately the blood results were wrong, I've never used 19nors or progestins so it's beyond me how my prolactin is high, and I feel fine. Anyway I decided to get another full panel done, thank you everyone for the advice.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Test was 340, which doesn't seem right either. You make a good point about the possibility of rebound, I did use tamoxifen during PCT. IDK... I think ultimately the blood results were wrong, I've never used 19nors or progestins so it's beyond me how my prolactin is high, and I feel fine. Anyway I decided to get another full panel done, thank you everyone for the advice.
You messed with your hormones. Your body's trying to fix it. Just because you didn't use a 19-nor doesn't mean you may not see elevated prolactin or elevated any hormone after pct. I'd just leave well enough alone and go back in. 6-8 weeks for further bloodwork.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
You messed with your hormones. Your body's trying to fix it. Just because you didn't use a 19-nor doesn't mean you may not see elevated prolactin or elevated any hormone after pct. I'd just leave well enough alone and go back in. 6-8 weeks for further bloodwork.
Yeah, that's probably for the best.
On a side note my doc saw my results and was like "yes, you are very healthy, everything looks fine" ummm... he's no endocrinologist but I would think my results would have raised some red flags. Granted my lipids and ast/alt and other liver values were great (thank god), so I guess I will let it ride for a while and get new blood work and possibly a new physician lol.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You messed with your hormones. Your body's trying to fix it. Just because you didn't use a 19-nor doesn't mean you may not see elevated prolactin or elevated any hormone after pct..
Yep.....

Yeah, that's probably for the best.
On a side note my doc saw my results and was like "yes, you are very healthy, everything looks fine" ummm... he's no endocrinologist but I would think my results would have raised some red flags........
possibly a new physician lol.
Yep...