First Cycle! ^_^

Fuzzy Pickler

Awards
Hey guys I am a 22 year old that has been lifting for 5 years. I used to lift just for strength but I decided to switch up my training last July. Instead, I wanted to focus on hypertrophy. Now I am 140 pounds(which is 20 pounds of muscle gained from when I started, I know I gained fat but I checked my Lean body mass from my body fat percentage, so I know how much muscle it was versus fat), and I am very short so I appear to be bigger and more developed muscularly than I would be if I were taller.

(if you don't care about my background you can just skip to the 5th paragraph ^_^ that's where my question is lol)

I want to compete in a show in about a year, however I know I need to gain about 15 pounds of muscle before I will be ready to be bodybuilding in a show. I have a trainer and he pushes me every workout. I work out 6 days a week and the basic philosophy is isolation. Anyday that we workout we focus on isolating the muscle that we want to workout instead of compound exercises.

I have diet pretty much down. I try and get 240g of protein, 350g carbs, and 100g of fat. I like using a lot of dairy mostly because I love milk and I find that it's cheap and it is easy for me to get down.

In terms of supplements, I am taking protein powder(just Myofusion Elite), amino acids, creatine monohydrate and Animal Pak Multivitamins. Pretty basic stuff. I am not stimulant sensitive at all and I barely feel preworkouts at all. But I have never took any prohormones nor actual steroids.

So my question is what should I cycle for my first time? I'd rather maximize my gains on my first cycle than minimize the risk. Oh and my goal is put on a good amount of mass.

LiftBigC

Awards
You don't want to start a cycle at 140lbs. You need to eat, eat, eat. How tall are you btw?

Fuzzy Pickler

Awards
5'2. Probably actually closer 5'1. I do eat quite a bit.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Pickler

Awards
See your almost 6' foot tall, that's a common problem for tall people, they don't really understand that @ 140 I am bigger than most people at your height @ 170. It's like oh you can't be that developed at that height.

LiftBigC

Awards
What's your recommendation then Jbryand101b?

LiftBigC

Awards
I didn't realize you were 5'2. You will probably get flamed for being 22 and wanting to cycle.
That being said, I am starting a ph cycle next week and I am 21. Epistane is a good beginner prohormone. If you want to cycle the real thing I don't really have any suggestions. Good luck.

Mystere3

Awards
First of all, you're going to gain more mass with compound exercises than isolation. Secondly, mechabol might be a good choice for hypertrophy with tolerability, or the new Mithras.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fire your trainer. he's an imbecile.
Lol'd at that... So true.

Epistane, H-Drol and Mechabol are all great compounds for first timers. Any of them will make you blow up. I'd stay away from aromatizing compounds and 19-nor steroids in your first cycle.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
22 is kind of young for a PH, but if you are deadset on it. Hal, Epi, Pmag, 11oxo, or some other "mild" PH would be your best option. You might want to exhaust all possible other sources of mass gain though, such as increase in caloric intake and possibly trying a natty test booster such as DAA, Intimidate SRT, or Tropinol XP.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is he really that bad O_O lol?

Oh and thank you g0hard :)
We don't know that really but compound lifts are usually good to have in your routine.. Not just isolation movements.

You're welcome... Feel free to ask if you have something else on your mind.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your going to cycle and then do a show, you best get hyyyyuge or be ripped to shredz.

Cause you'll have to be in a untested comp, and you will not be the only youngin that's used da juice.

Mystere3

Awards
If your going to cycle and then do a show, you best get hyyyyuge or be ripped to shredz.

Cause you'll have to be in a untested comp, and you will not be the only youngin that's used da juice.
This, and at 5'1 you're always going to be at a disadvantage when you're standing right next to someone 5 10 and 230 or w/e

Fuzzy Pickler

Awards
Well I am competing in the lightweight class(155 and down). This is why I mention in my introduction that the amount of muscle I need to gain. I am not looking to be a heavyweight xD Plus look at Lee Priest, Franco Columbo, or Danny Padilla. Granted my genetics aren't close to theirs but still they were able to defeat taller opponents despite competing at much higher weight classes(and higher levels of competition I might add) than I inspire to do.

I will do my best to get as big as I can but I know I will have to cut down after that anyway.
laneanders

Thanks for the help! Do natural test boosters even work?

Fuzzy Pickler

Awards
Well I am competing in the lightweight class(155 and down). This is why I mention in my introduction that the amount of muscle I need to gain. I am not looking to be a heavyweight xD Plus look at Lee Priest, Franco Columbo, or Danny Padilla. Granted my genetics aren't close to theirs but still they were able to defeat taller opponents despite competing at much higher weight classes(and higher levels of competition I might add) than I inspire to do.

I will do my best to get as big as I can but I know I will have to cut down after that anyway.
laneanders

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Well I am competing in the lightweight class(155 and down). This is why I mention in my introduction that the amount of muscle I need to gain. I am not looking to be a heavyweight xD Plus look at Lee Priest, Franco Columbo, or Danny Padilla. Granted my genetics aren't close to theirs but still they were able to defeat taller opponents despite competing at much higher weight classes(and higher levels of competition I might add) than I inspire to do. I will do my best to get as big as I can but I know I will have to cut down after that anyway. laneanders Thanks for the help! Do natural test boosters even work?
Look into PES anabeta or anabeta elite. Goods reviews everywhere for it.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some of them really do work, but most of them won't increase test levels to the point that it helps with muscle building. They're great if you have low test levels though... Due to using steroids or because of some other reason.

They won't produce PH/steroid like results in any way - but if you want to stay natural, test boosters are the only option..

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

laneanders

Have you been to a NPC show?

Fuzzy Pickler

Awards
Yes I have. I have actually been to a few. I went to the Denver Open, Rocky Mountain Championships, and Warrior classic.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
They pretty much answered that question for you. Tons of good options out there for natty test boosters, and most of them work to an extent. I personally use Tropinol XP pretty regularly, and if you have low test or if you do run a cycle then you can run these in PCT alongside a SERM.