Blasting on legit TRT

kris90

Awards
Just a few questions about “blasting” or running cycles while on TRT. I know a lot of guys blast and cruise, and it’s obviously a very simple concept, however when on legit TRT (through a doctor) it seems a little more difficult given you are monitored, and in my case, if my doctor found out about “blasting” I would probably have my TRT revoked. So here are my questions:

-What is your strategy? I hear most people get bloods every 6 months, and they blast in between
-How long do you typically blast?
-How many weeks in advance do you resume TRT dose before bloodwork?
-Has your bloodwork ever been off? (i.e. high hemoglobin/hematocrit, lipids off, high estro, high test, etc.) If so what did your doctor say or do?
-Has your doctor ever been suspicious of you blasting while on TRT?

I think my strategy will be to get my levels stabilized where I want them (hopefully 100mg/EW does the trick), keep estro in check, and then run 1-2 cycles per year (10-12 weeks). For example:

Month 1-6: TRT dose (until first bloodwork)
Month 7-9: Blast (increase test dose, or add another compound)
Month 10-12: TRT dose (until next bloodwork)
Month 13-15: Blast (increase test dose, or add another compound)
Repeat

So basically 3 months TRT, 3 months blast, and time it so that I always go back to TRT dose for 3 months before bloodwork. I’m assuming that should be enough time for bloodwork to normalise?

napalm

napalm

Awards
What are your reasons for wanting to blast?

Remember, everything has a consequence...

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are your reasons for wanting to blast?

Remember, everything has a consequence...
I was wondering why myself.
I'm on TRT & have ran successful cycles without changing my TRT schedule at all. On cycle now as matter of fact.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And most likely your doc will not give you 100 mg ew. Probly like 300mg every 3 weeks. Or patch.
You'll need that test while on cycle and after. T will be way lower at end of cycle.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Having reread the post, the op has to weigh the benefits of the blast (if any), versus potentially getting the trt yanked out from under him.

This is a certainty: labs every three months would be a bad idea - the life of a red blood cell is roughly 90 days. Your hemoglobin and hematocrit will, let me repeat that WILL be screwed up from a blast when you got labs done. My endo raised his eyebrows at me last week when my H&H came back 20 and 60 from a blast I did leading into the WPC worlds. My test level was 549, so he couldn't nail me for it. Bad timing on my part.

If I were at risk of losing trt, no fcking way would I screw around with it. Besides, unless you're a national or world class bb'r or pl'r, why would you do it? Kinda sounds to me like while you obv were eligible for trt, you did it for the wrong reasons.

Just my .02...

kris90

Awards
When I say blast I mean 500mg of gear per week. I already have experience running cycles, but I usually never go much higher than 500mg. I had bloodwork taken one time at 700mg per week of test, and my Hemoglobin was only elevated by 5 points I believe, and another time I had bloodwork done 3 months post cycle and everything was normal. That was after a 12 week cycle with 2 orals.

Luckily, the doctor agreed on weekly injections, and I can do them myself. I don't know what they would start me at yet, but it will likely be 100mg per week. I guess I don't NEED to blast, but I obviously enjoy running cycles to help get me to where I want to be. At 5'8, 190 lbs I'm pretty well at my genetic potential, and thinking in the future I may want more results.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have blasted twice for 8 week periods and I doubt I would do it again. The pros vs cons just aren't worth it to me because the gains are negligible and you essentially have to recalibrate once you are done. Anyone that has been on TRT for a period of time knows how hard it is to get it dialed in and then you just go and throw a wrench in the works.

Besides, lifting hard, eating right, and resting all while on TRT will give you gains better than 90% of the people out there.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Having reread the post, the op has to weigh the benefits of the blast (if any), versus potentially getting the trt yanked out from under him.

This is a certainty: labs every three months would be a bad idea - the life of a red blood cell is roughly 90 days. Your hemoglobin and hematocrit will, let me repeat that WILL be screwed up from a blast when you got labs done. My endo raised his eyebrows at me last week when my H&H came back 20 and 60 from a blast I did leading into the WPC worlds. My test level was 549, so he couldn't nail me for it. Bad timing on my part.

If I were at risk of losing trt, no fcking way would I screw around with it. Besides, unless you're a national or world class bb'r or pl'r, why would you do it? Kinda sounds to me like while you obv were eligible for trt, you did it for the wrong reasons.

Just my .02...
^^^^^this
Napalm how long did it take your hemoglobin and hematocrit levels to get back to normal? I am in the same boat with my hemoglobin being 19.7 which is too high to donate blood to lower it.

napalm

napalm

Awards
^^^^^this Napalm how long did it take your hemoglobin and hematocrit levels to get back to normal? I am in the same boat with my hemoglobin being 19.7 which is too high to donate blood to lower it.
Kumusta T?

I had those labs drawn in the middle of dec, about a month and a half after worlds - piss poor planning on my part. I'm sure it's lower now since it's been 3 months and I'm on my reg trt dose again. I'm getting labs drawn again in a couple weeks, I'll let you know the results.

What dose are you on?

And now I'm even more confused. My endo wants me to dump a couple pints of blood, and his nurse practitioner said she has pts that donate. I was under the same assumption that I couldn't donate until H&H were lower until she said that. Have you tried to donate and have been shot down?

<---going to the RP April 28...

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Kumusta T?

I had those labs drawn in the middle of dec, about a month and a half after worlds - piss poor planning on my part. I'm sure it's lower now since it's been 3 months and I'm on my reg trt dose again. I'm getting labs drawn again in a couple weeks, I'll let you know the results.

What dose are you on?

And now I'm even more confused. My endo wants me to dump a couple pints of blood, and his nurse practitioner said she has pts that donate. I was under the same assumption that I couldn't donate until H&H were lower until she said that. Have you tried to donate and have been shot down?

<---going to the RP April 28...
I have been back on my trt dose of 100 mg ew since the end of December after doing 200 mg twice a week for ten weeks and yes I have been turned away three times since the last week of December. My hemoglobin has stayed around 19.7 each time. The cut off is 19. Your doctor is probably talking about a therapeutic draw where they throw the blood away after. I screwed up too and I know it. From here on out once I get it down I will be donating every two months like clockwork.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been back on my trt dose of 100 mg ew since the end of December after doing 200 mg twice a week for ten weeks and yes I have been turned away three times since the last week of December. My hemoglobin has stayed around 19.7 each time. The cut off is 19. Your doctor is probably talking about a therapeutic draw where they throw the blood away after. I screwed up too and I know it. From here on out once I get it down I will be donating every two months like clockwork.
Those are helpfulf words right there dude.. Nice post, thanks for sharing.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Crap, then I'm screwed until I find out where I'm at in a few weeks. That's the dose I was on for 12 weeks going into Prague.

I'm expecting it to be lower, I just don't know how much...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just a few questions about “blasting” or running cycles while on TRT. I know a lot of guys blast and cruise, and it’s obviously a very simple concept, however when on legit TRT (through a doctor) it seems a little more difficult given you are monitored, and in my case, if my doctor found out about “blasting” I would probably have my TRT revoked.
The answer is very simple.
Keep your test at TRT dose.
Use something else to blast with, something DHT based preferably (long steady lean gains, fewer sides, etc). Doc won't know. Your testosterone will test in the normal range, as will most other things. Hematocrit might be a bit high if you're not giving blood, but that can be a side of test anyhow.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm telling you guys- stop screwing around with it. It isn't worth the minor gain you are going to see.
DHT based things have been great for me, my TRT only has my DHT come to the bottom of range. I also have had surgery and might need surgery again in the future on an unrepaired but minor SLAP tear in my other shoulder. Certain DHT based things are great on collagen synthesis and joints. If people know what they are doing, and are knowledgeable, it's completely fine.

My sex life has been great, joints/tendons feel great, lean solid gains, meanwhile my hairline/prostate is fine. All of this possible when done responsibly, as with most things.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I'm telling you guys- stop screwing around with it. It isn't worth the minor gain you are going to see.
I agree w this 100%. My blast was my first and probably last. My reasoning was I'm a small 198, and didn't want to get jail sexed at worlds. Looking back, I gained about 5 lbs and lost some fat. How much did it get me? Hard to tell, but it's screwed my labs up for 4 months now. ..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For some reason my labs have always been fine and I've blasted for years. No cholesterol issues. Slightly high hematocrit but only 1 point over was the max I've ever had, and wasn't even giving blood. My hematocrit returned to normal within a few months. I guess everyone is different. My blasts are conservative though, but definitely effective. I used to have problems with depression and anxiety in the past as well (mainly prior to TRT), and I must say that dht based compounds have made this a thing of the past. Nothing but smooth sailing.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
For some reason my labs have always been fine and I've blasted for years. No cholesterol issues. Slightly high hematocrit but only 1 point over was the max I've ever had, and wasn't even giving blood. My hematocrit returned to normal within a few months. I guess everyone is different. My blasts are conservative though, but definitely effective. I used to have problems with depression and anxiety in the past as well (mainly prior to TRT), and I must say that dht based compounds have made this a thing of the past. Nothing but smooth sailing.
Gutterpump,
Could you give a more detailed example of the blast you do while keeping your testosterone doses at trt levels? This sounds interesting.....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If wanting a little extra while on TRT, I would recommend fairly mild compounds that the body also recognizes fairly well, to keep side effects to a minimum. These compounds are ones that also support feelings of well-being. IE: Masteron, equipoise, primo (all DHT based). When using EQ, most people would dose upwards of 500-700mg per week. I would recommend more like 300-500 to keep things conservative yet effective for joints and lean gains. Masteron has proven effective at freeing up anything being taken, therefore also giving you more bang for your buck...but where masteron is most useful I find, is for libido and function. This is good for people who typically have lower DHT levels, even while on TRT. Masteron is more effective than proviron for freeing up test/hormones and for libido. 300mg per week or less would be recommended here if using it on a 'blast', for short durations (i.e. 3 months). Primobolan in general is very mild and one of the least likely hormones to cause side effects, and also supposedly has positive effects on the joints. I would recommend staying away from winstrol, as it thickens the tendons but will make them more brittle and susceptible to injury. I don't have any recommendations for primo dosing however. I also recommend staying away from anything related to progestins (no deca, etc - even though it's good on joints). If anyone is going to blast, be safe, do your research, and be conservative for longevity's sake.

kris90

Awards
If wanting a little extra while on TRT, I would recommend fairly mild compounds that the body also recognizes fairly well, to keep side effects to a minimum. These compounds are ones that also support feelings of well-being. IE: Masteron, equipoise, primo (all DHT based). When using EQ, most people would dose upwards of 500-700mg per week. I would recommend more like 300-500 to keep things conservative yet effective for joints and lean gains. Masteron has proven effective at freeing up anything being taken, therefore also giving you more bang for your buck...but where masteron is most useful I find, is for libido and function. This is good for people who typically have lower DHT levels, even while on TRT. Masteron is more effective than proviron for freeing up test/hormones and for libido. 300mg per week or less would be recommended here if using it on a 'blast', for short durations (i.e. 3 months). Primobolan in general is very mild and one of the least likely hormones to cause side effects, and also supposedly has positive effects on the joints. I would recommend staying away from winstrol, as it thickens the tendons but will make them more brittle and susceptible to injury. I don't have any recommendations for primo dosing however. I also recommend staying away from anything related to progestins (no deca, etc - even though it's good on joints). If anyone is going to blast, be safe, do your research, and be conservative for longevity's sake.
Good advice! I guess it's things like Deca, Tren and orals that can mess up bloods. I like the idea of using the compounds you mentioned for a little boost and help with well-being. I also have suffered from anxiety most of my life, so it would be interesting to try some DHT-based compounds. I'm also extremely estro-sensitive, so these compounds seem the most appealing to me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Orals are the absolute worst! They will mess up your labs indeed.
I'm also estro sensitive so I don't like boosting my TRT dose. High test (anywhere over 200mg / week or so) also inhibits collagen synthesis.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Thanks for the reply Gutterpump. Sounds interesting ;) I will definitely be doing some research.....

BJE

BJE

Awards
I'll tell you what I did. I saw my doctor on the on the third of January and got my blood work done. The next Monday I donated blood to get my hemoglobin down. I then blasted at 500 per week test cyp for four weeks then dropped back down to my normal dose. After about six weeks at my normal dose I intend to donate blood again. By the six month mark when I get blood work done again my test levels should be totally normal.

I'll add that the test I used was from my local pharmacy. Due to how my prescriptions have been written I have been able to accumulate extra test cyp.

I blasted last winter at a lower dose than this winter and the gains for me are phenomenal compared to results previous to TRT. I started test cyp a year and a half ago and have done two short blasts. I have gained five and a half inches on my shoulders and two inches on my biceps and two and a half inches on my chest. My fat level has changed very little. Most of this growth occurred during my blast periods. I spent the previous thirty years lifting with almost no change in size. I spent the first twenty seven years of my adulthood at 163-167 lbs. In the past year and a half I have climbed to 188. I'm working on getting to 190 soon and my long range goal is 200 while still being lean.

If my labs this summer and next winter look fine, then I'll probably do it again next winter and maybe for a longer period of time.

As far as how I have felt before, during, and after my short blast I'll say I never felt any different. The only other thing I had to change was to increase my Arimidex a little.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The above method is what most people do, although I find there's more sides this way when blasting with test (lipids and E2), but it's definitely the easiest for a few reasons.

BJE

BJE

Awards
The above method is what most people do, although I find there's more sides this way when blasting with test (lipids and E2), but it's definitely the easiest for a few reasons.
Like I said, I had to use a little more Arimidex. As far as lipids, my cholesterol is always low so a temporary increase there is of little concern to me. Also I divided my test dose and injected every day SQ to prevent a sharp spike in e2.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like I said, I had to use a little more Arimidex. As far as lipids, my cholesterol is always low so a temporary increase there is of little concern to me. Also I divided my test dose and injected every day SQ to prevent a sharp spike in e2.
I'm the same as you, cholesterol has always been on the lower end. How is your lipid balance though? That's the thing to watch out for. Should always try to keep HDL above LDL levels. Once this ratio is skewed, problems can arise.

The main reason I don't blast test is that it inhibits collagen synthesis. Not good for us geezers or those who've had injuries/surgeries or nagging joints.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couple of issues with that theory. What if his labs don't show favorably and then he still has to go to his doc to get a refill. Bummer time there. Also, all the lab is going to show is if he is screwed or if he is not. It won't change anything after the fact. All the doctors I have visited will only do 1 refill at a time.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, you seem confident. He should listen to you and not us.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supra physiological levels of testosterone are overrated and often detrimental to health and physique. Pure androgens for the win!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
48 is better than ever in just about every way but the number of breaths left :D

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Supra physiological levels of testosterone are overrated and often detrimental to health and physique. Pure androgens for the win!
Yep, I completely agree, and would add HGH/GHRPs for the complete win haha

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well now you are making sense. and who is "us"? looks like your dont do it advice has been totally ignored.
Not sure why you are trying to start a fight or what you expect the outcome to be. I don't care what anyone does, it is their health, not mine.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I get older, I get smarter - and smarter means better choices and better life. It's not all that bad ;)
I swear that this is the truest thing that people will never understand until they start getting older. I will say that parenthood really took it to the next level, though.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Listen, I am really flattered that you care about me so much, but you need to move on. You have grown tiresome.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Clear your inbox RH. And stop fighting, agree to disagree :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't equipose notorious for raising red blood cell count?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Correct, and this has plenty of positive effects while on. VO2 max is increased.

If worried about it, give blood. Most people on TRT are already doing this if they are smart. Therefore, not a concern. Plus, it lowers when you're off.

But if your concern is that a doctor might spot this, well plain ol test can raise RBC as well as hematocrit too. But again, not a concern physically or on labs when giving blood.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Correct, and this has plenty of positive effects while on. VO2 max is increased.

If worried about it, give blood. Most people on TRT are already doing this if they are smart. Therefore, not a concern. Plus, it lowers when you're off.

But if your concern is that a doctor might spot this, well plain ol test can raise RBC as well as hematocrit too. But again, not a concern physically or on labs when giving blood.
Ahh gotcha. Did you personally experience the anxiety and appetite increase most talk about? Never looked much into this compound until you mentioned it here.

kris90

Awards
Guys I really like this idea of adding androgens to TRT if doing a blast. Seems like a safer route to go, and less sides than going high Test (such as estro) or even Tren or Deca. So thanks for sharing.

Also, do any guys use GHRP/Mod GRF-129 combo in addition to TRT? How do you like it?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh gotcha. Did you personally experience the anxiety and appetite increase most talk about? Never looked much into this compound until you mentioned it here.
Appetite yes, but no anxiety whatsoever. This only occurs in a small percentage of people (anxiety). I've spoken to people who've used EQ and none of them got anxiety from it either. DHT and androgens typically do the opposite. Smooth sailing. There's a good article on the board here on how androgens affect the CNS.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, do any guys use GHRP/Mod GRF-129 combo in addition to TRT? How do you like it?
Many HRT clinics now prescribe GHRP's / hexarelin etc. Ipamorelin is superior I find, since there is no ACTH release with it and therefore no stimulation of the adrenal-axis.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Appetite yes, but no anxiety whatsoever. This only occurs in a small percentage of people (anxiety). I've spoken to people who've used EQ and none of them got anxiety from it either. DHT and androgens typically do the opposite. Smooth sailing. There's a good article on the board here on how androgens affect the CNS.
Cool thanks man. Will look into this for the future.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds to me that u need to get off TRT and do ur own supplication. Not ideal but anyways...

You already know the main things a doctor monitors are:

1) Blood counts and blood thickness
2) Cholesterol
3) T & E levels
4) Thyroid
5) Maybe fasted blood glucose occasionally
6) Anecdotal reporting from patient

Personally, all of these are fairly easy to track and can be done relatively cheap and on a 90 day basis, which is the same or better frequency than a doctors office and keeps ur pocketbook full.

I'm not advocating doing things urself since it is unfortunate that such actions are illegal in all sorts of ways. Nonetheless, doctors in this field are a joke because they prescribe it in the most cost friendly way rather than the most natural and effective way.

Once a week inections and especially once EOW or E3W injections is plain irresponsible on their part. And they wonder why u need an AI, which btw trashes ur cholesterol profile. Dont get me started...

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Orals are the absolute worst! They will mess up your labs indeed.
I'm also estro sensitive so I don't like boosting my TRT dose. High test (anywhere over 200mg / week or so) also inhibits collagen synthesis.
While they may be harsher, the effects usually subside in a matter of days. I have bloods ON THIS SITE that prove the recovery rate of hemoglobin and liver values only take 2-3 days with proper supplementation of UDCA.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. Made a flight of stairs a big deal to me when I had 750mg/wk.

Along with Test and Mast. Those three are plain awesome together.