No results from first prohormone cycle. Why?

F

fasttaker

Awards
A couple months ago, I took Assault Labs Msten for 3 weeks, building up the dose from 16 mg the first week, to around 24 mg the second, and 30 mg the third week. For the fourth week I tried LGI Msten at 40 mg. The whole time I also took Pharmatec Epistane, ramping up like this: 20/20/30/40/60 (total of 5 weeks, I only did 60 the last week out of desperation). All I expected, at the least, were strength gains: say, 5 lbs per week on bench, since I was already able to go up by 5 lbs about every 2 weeks. I'd like to emphasize that: I was not stalled before the ph cycle. The only thing I did was add 2-3 extra sets to each workout, and when that didn't work, I cut back. Basically, I made the same progress I was already making before the ph cycle - nothing more than that. As for eating, I was doing plenty, because I did manage to get fatter.

So my question is: Are people exaggerating the gains they are making on the prohormones available in 2014? Why did I get no results? The only other factor I can think to mention is that I'm on TRT. Blood work shows my test levels to be at least 712.

Also, I did get the sides the last week on msten @ 40 mg - heavy lethargy, for instance. But my strength never shot up at all. In fact, I only added 5 lbs total to my bench the whole month. What gives?

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I did a 6wk cycle of assault labs mstn a few months ago and gained 13lbs,but looked like i gained 20+. I kept 10 after pct. It was a pretty dry gain and most of my clothes didnt fit. I didnt get much strength gains,but def look bigger. I ran it 12/16/20/24/24/28. Back pumps sucked and bp was up a little at end. Everyone responds a little different.

F

fasttaker

Awards
I was eating more than usual, and training volume was upped slightly. Like I said in the post, I was making the same gains on the ph's that I was when I wasn't taking anything. I wasn't stalled, and was able to add 5 lbs on major compound movements every other week. During my cycle, it was the same, except I wasn't able to recover from any of the added volume. Cutting back a bit helped me to gain the same way I had been gaining all along, but no more than that.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Above is my guess

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Where did you get the assault labs msten? 40mg on lgi msten should have at least spiked bp or something to let you know it was legit. I wouldnt think both brands would be bunk and the epi as well. That sure sux. What a waste of time and $.

F

fasttaker

Awards
Maybe your stuff was bunk?
Yeah, but it was two different brands (three, if you count the 1 week on LGI Msten), both from Strong Supplement Shop. The Assault labs msten has like 60 rave reviews over there, all from folks saying they made huge gains taking just half of what I was taking.

F

fasttaker

Awards
Where did you get the assault labs msten? 40mg on lgi msten should have at least spiked bp or something to let you know it was legit. I wouldnt think both brands would be bunk and the epi as well. That sure sux. What a waste of time and $.
Strong Supplement Shop. LGI Msten came from Lockout and I did notice lethargy from that. But I couldn't keep the cycle going much longer anyway because I have bloodwork for TRT coming up.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah, but it was two different brands (three, if you count the 1 week on LGI Msten), both from Strong Supplement Shop. The Assault labs msten has like 60 rave reviews over there, all from folks saying they made huge gains taking just half of what I was taking.
Thats where i got mine. I could tell the first dose it was legit.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like your msten from lgi was legit, but one week isn't going to do much.
but the others either bunk or severely underdosed.

Reactions: mw1
harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Missed it was lgi and only a week

B

bel1

Awards
40mg of msten sounds like fun
idk about you but most kids nowadays expect way too much from phs, gonna say urs was bunk.. but frankly there's no magic pills..

flamini

flamini

Awards
Bunk , I've seen People dose lower and still have great progress after 4-5 weeks. Msten is a powerful compound def got bad ****

F

fasttaker

Awards
40mg of msten sounds like fun
idk about you but most kids nowadays expect way too much from phs, gonna say urs was bunk.. but frankly there's no magic pills..
Yeah, I was expecting a lot, but was going to be happy with at least a 20 lb increase on my major compound movements after a month. Makes me wonder if other people are just gaining off these ph's because they train harder and eat more while they're on them (i.e. the ph itself isn't really doing that much).
Bunk , I've seen People dose lower and still have great progress after 4-5 weeks. Msten is a powerful compound def got bad ****
Yeah, but there's another guy in this thread that took the same thing and got great results. Plus, Assault Labs Msten is what Strong Supplement Shop is pushing harder than anything else. It has like 60 rave reviews on their site.

thanks everyone for the replies.

flamini

flamini

Awards
Yeah, I was expecting a lot, but was going to be happy with at least a 20 lb increase on my major compound movements after a month. Makes me wonder if other people are just gaining off these ph's because they train harder and eat more while they're on them (i.e. the ph itself isn't really doing that much).

Yeah, but there's another guy in this thread that took the same thing and got great results. Plus, Assault Labs Msten is what Strong Supplement Shop is pushing harder than anything else. It has like 60 rave reviews on their site.

thanks everyone for the replies.
I'm not sure then that's strange maybe u just don't respond well to m sten