Low testosterone (23 years old) - could Clomid help?

paxman1

Awards
I've visited endocrinologist few months ago because of pubertal gyno. I've received no drugs whatsoever because "it's normal to have gyno" (words of a doc), so I can forget about any treatment. I've got this blood work done by him back then, here are the results:

S-PTH 22 ng/L

s-testosterone 10,8 nmol/L (about 317 ng/dL)
s-lh 1,5 UI/L
s-fsh 2,2 IU/L
s-tsh 2,77 mU/L
s-ft3 5,2 pmol/L
s-ft4 13,6 pmol/L
prolactin (POOL and PEG) 8,5 ug/L
IGF-1 292 ug/l.

As you may see, my testosterone level is very low for my age (23), but endo won't give me T replacement as well, so I'm on my own. I was wondering if Clomid would help? How much should I take per day? Are there any better options? What results may I expect? Please note that I will be taking raloxifene as well to shrink down my gyno. Could Clomid lower raloxifene's effectiveness by any chance?

Thanks for help.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
my testosterone level is very low for my age (23), but endo won't give me T replacement as well, so I'm on my own..
You are only allowed to see this one particular endocrinologist? Because any doc can prescribe hormonal drugs. This doc just doesn't care to.

paxman1

Awards
Well not in my country, as far as I know, general docs can't just prescribe hormonal drugs, only endocrinologists and urologists may do that. It was really hard to even get directed to this endo, so I really doubt that I will get another chance. I'm having another testosterone check at the same endo in few months and I really don't know what to do. I was already thinking of intentionally lowering my testosterone levels before tests, although I don't know how exactly. I could also lie that I can't get erection whatsoever...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well not in my country, as far as I know, general docs can't just prescribe hormonal drugs, only endocrinologists and urologists may do that. It was really hard to even get directed to this endo, so I really doubt that I will get another chance. I'm having another testosterone check at the same endo in few months and I really don't know what to do. I was already thinking of intentionally lowering my testosterone levels before tests, although I don't know how exactly. I could also lie that I can't get erection whatsoever...
If you legitimately are low 300's, you have every right to get your hormones to optimal levels. I would shop around until you find someone that is willing to treat you.

Mystere3

Awards
Btw raloxifene is a serm so to answer your question you wouldn't need clomid. You should try to get TRT tho.

paxman1

Awards
I would get raloxifene for gyno and clomid for low T levels. Raloxifene has very little effect on testosterone levels, so I would need something else as well and I just though to give clomid a shot.

So by TRT you mean injecting synthetic testosterone?

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Generally speaking, how is your overall quality of life?

Hopping on T replacement at the age of 23 is a large step and will likely be for the remainder of your life.

Point is, if you feel like you are living the quality of life you desire, maybe you can post-pone the hormonal therapy.

I am 24 and was tested for T and had about 430. It is considered on the low side but my life and training don't seem to be in jeopardy so I won't be pursuing any T replacement until later in my life.

Turbo6GN

Turbo6GN

Awards
Most docs treat symptoms and not numbers. You can have relatively low T and feel fine, or upper levels and feel like garbage. It's very much an individual thing.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most docs treat symptoms and not numbers. You can have relatively low T and feel fine, or upper levels and feel like garbage. It's very much an individual thing.
I would argue they do just the opposite. But this mainly applies to endocrinology.

paxman1

Awards
ChefJoey: it's really hard to tell about overall quality of life since I have nothing to compare to. Could you give me any specific questions? Talking about my training, I've been working out for 6 years. Last 2 years, my plan looks like this: full body workout 5 times per week, mainly complex exercises with heavy weights (atg squat, bench press, pull-ups, military press etc.). However, I haven't make any progress with weights during last year, so yeah, that's one argument.

mw1: Here are supplements I take: whey, creatine monohydrate, omega-3, magnesium citrate, Vitamin D, zinc, probiotics and Vitamin C. Altogether I'm on roughly 2500 kcal per day, my body fat levels are about 12 % at the moment, the lowest was 9 % last year. I workout 5 times per week (full body workout), mainly complex exercises with heavy weights (atg squat, bench press, pull-ups, military press etc.)

Prior to this blood test, I haven't used any hormones, prohormones or steroids whatsoever. I did actually try with DAA, tribulus, maca and DS Triazole for a while (3 years ago), but that didn't make gyno any worse nor better (it developed way back ago). Actually I didn't feel any effect of these supplements whatsoever, but unfortunately I didn't make any blood tests back then to get objective results.

Matthersby, Turbo6GN: my s-testosterone was 10,8 nmol/L . If it was below 10 nmol/L, I would get T replacement. Can you imagine how angry and stupid I felt like when endo told me this? After all these workouts, supplements, diets, efforts etc. I get such arguments...

Turbo6GN

Turbo6GN

Awards
I would argue they do just the opposite. But this mainly applies to endocrinology.
Endo's for sure, I was referring more to a general practitioner. I spoke to my doc after some bloodwork and he told me that overall symptoms are more telling then actual numbers. That's the problem with the average doc, 10 different opinions and 10 different answers.

v1rt

Awards
Generally speaking, how is your overall quality of life?

Hopping on T replacement at the age of 23 is a large step and will likely be for the remainder of your life.

Point is, if you feel like you are living the quality of life you desire, maybe you can post-pone the hormonal therapy.

I am 24 and was tested for T and had about 430. It is considered on the low side but my life and training don't seem to be in jeopardy so I won't be pursuing any T replacement until later in my life.
Hey I really like what you posted here. I'm low on T, about 341. I don't suffer weakness. I always have great intense workout. I'm a very athletic guy at 42. I did lose boner in the morning though but looks like it's fixed after changing my diet and sleeping early. Even with my boner in the morning missing, I didn't have any issue with sex although it takes me more minutes to get it to rise again, LOL. So looks like I won't need TRT. I also read that once someone gets into TRT, it's should be part of your life. I'm not sure if that is 100% true.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clomid will raise test levels.. normal dosing for this issue is 12mg -25mg mwf... i would be more worried about why your test lvl are low in the first place.. could have heavy metal issue,, sulfur issue,, dopamine.. estrogen.. shbg etc

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey I really like what you posted here. I'm low on T, about 341. I don't suffer weakness. I always have great intense workout. I'm a very athletic guy at 42. I did lose boner in the morning though but looks like it's fixed after changing my diet and sleeping early. Even with my boner in the morning missing, I didn't have any issue with sex although it takes me more minutes to get it to rise again, LOL. So looks like I won't need TRT. I also read that once someone gets into TRT, it's should be part of your life. I'm not sure if that is 100% true.
you can be taken off TRT once the root cause is found.. unless your have some type damage to the body