QUERCETIN for lowering progesterone

Andalucia

Awards
I've been researching various studies on pubmed, specifically with an interest in histamine and progesterone.

Histamine directly promotes an increase in progesterone. Progesterone dirctly promotes an increase in SHBG. This is a self fulfilling function - as SHBG lowers estrogen and testosterone it gives further reign to progesterone and histamine.

High levels of histamine can be created by several factors
(1) dysfunctional immune activity leading to allergies
(2h dehydration - yes, not drinking enough WATER

I am successfully tackling the three 'partners' of shbg, progesterone and histamine. I have increased my water intake to 4 litres per day with a drastic reduction in histamine. I am using the natural antihistamine quercetin. A number of studies clearly demonstrate that quercitin effectively inhibits progesterone production and limits estrogen production via aromatase. Quercetin is a natural testosterone booster. I believe it's properties may have been underestimated in the athletic world. Certainly from reviews on Amazon and iHerb etc, it seems to have excellent effects on reducing sometimes severe allergic reactions.
Currently I've been prescribed a unique antihistamine - Ketotifen, a testosterone boosting, immune modulating, h1 and mast cell blocker. It works really well, however, I want to avoid rebound effects of regular use and I'd like to think I can tackle my problem with natural products. I have noted a number of cases of males diagnosed with adrenal fatigue who were able to 'cure' their condition with antihistamines. Their 'burnout' was created by a hormonal cascade of effects created by high histamine levels.
Progesterone can be a nasty hormone if elevated in males leading to hyperaroused/nervous states. It can consequently deplete cortisol and increase adrenalin - the pounding heart symptom often reported by women on progestin birth control. Progsterone also lowers melatonin, creating insomnia. Histamine does not necessarily have to reveal itself as an external allergic reaction - it can often be internalised to organs like the stomach or gut where it creates havoc with normal processes.
I hope this is useful for folks with unexplained high levels of progesterone, as an avenue to explore and perhaps test with quercetin.