Halo or Epi? Advice on well thought out cycle

Motivation96

Awards
Hey fellas. 39yo athlete here looking to do a Halo or Epi cycle and put together a well thought out on cycle and PCT. I have done prohormones in the past, 1-ad and Mag-10 by Biotest ( now discontinued). I still have an original bottle of Superdrol by Designer Supplements but I'm aware how strong it is, hence I'm not into taking it at this point. Forums have suggested a Halo or Epi cycle is good to go to get back in the game. I have looked through the forums and have seen different cycle logs and different PCT's so I'm reaching out for input. Thanks fellas

Weight: 235
Height: 5'10
Diet: Clean with sufficient water intake
Work out regularly and also play organized lacrosse

TurnKey

TurnKey

Awards
Hdrol is known as a solid a performer and mild. Epi is slightly better for strength and may kick in slightly quicker. Epi is known to be a little hit or miss while hdrol seems to perform well for a wider proportion of users. Epi can be hard on joints as it crushes E. Both are good for dry lean gains and recomposition. But either can be used as a bulker with proper diet. Honestly you can't really go wrong with hdrol. Epi can be great as well so I hear. 6 wks hdrol at 100 bumping up to 125 if side free in wks 5 or 6 sounds fun to me. Don't forget serm.

TurnKey

TurnKey

Awards
Pmag or mechabol is another option. Can be dosed like hdrol. Pmag gave me decent strength and anaerobic endurance. Serm for all the above nolva 20 20 10 10.

Mystere3

Awards
I'm a fan of epi but you can't really go wrong with either.

rphash49

Awards
All things being equal(diet, training, etc) epi cuts me up more and hdrol puts on more size.

Hdrol seems to have less sides.

Epi gives me more strength.

Pick your poison

Motivation96

Awards
Good input boys. I've seen different cycles for hdrol and epi, both within the 6 week range. Good rule of thumb to run PCT the same length as the cycle? 6wks cycle, 6 weeks PCT - also 2 weeks pre-loading before I start? I will eventually post my entire cycle from soup to nuts to get more feedback.

bel1

Awards
Good input boys. I've seen different cycles for hdrol and epi, both within the 6 week range. Good rule of thumb to run PCT the same length as the cycle? 6wks cycle, 6 weeks PCT - also 2 weeks pre-loading before I start? I will eventually post my entire cycle from soup to nuts to get more feedback.
no need for preloading, pct with a SERM for 4weeks will do

Motivation96

Awards
What ya thinkin...tamo over clomid? Maybe add a test booster in the PCT?

Motivation96

Awards
So I did some more research and came up with a Haloplex Cycle. Open to any and all feedback, criticism, yadda yadda...

Pre-Load
- Anabolic Innovations Cycle Support - E.D
- Multivitamin - E.D
- Fish Oil - E.D
- FlaxSeed Oil - E.D

Haloplex Cycle (5 weeks) - 50/75/75/100/125
- AI Cycle Supp - Ed
- Taurine ( for pumps ) 4-7g/ Ed
- Joint Support - Glucosamine
- Multi Vitamin - Ed
- Fish Oil - Ed

On hand Milk thistle, Hawthorne Berry , Coq10, possibly run Primaforce DAA last week of cycle right into PCT

PCT Cycle (4 weeks) - this is my gray area
- AI Cycle Supp - Ed
- AI PC Supp - Ed
- Liquid Torem @ 90/60/60/30 OR Nolva 20/20/10/10
- Primaforce Daa
-Animal Stak ( to boost test back up)

I'll still continue Multi Vitamin and Fish Oil. Any recommendations on different supps or changes feel free to let me know. Once I get some feedback and it looks a go I'll start to log and get some before pics up as well....Have at it boys lets hear it.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Halo has to be done for 6 weeks. Doesn't kick in till week 3-4

Mystere3

Awards
I'd run 100 for 6 weeks given your size. As I mentioned earlier on the other thread, helladrol is on sale for 49 today which is enough for that full cycle.

yungizzy

yungizzy

Awards
Maybe try adding epi at a low dose (30mg) each day - when I stacked epi/halo at 30/50 for 4 weeks I had great results... The epi will compliment the halo so nicely man... If diet is on point you will have awesome gains in strength and endurance (while decreasing bf). I used all liver support/flushing supps with my pct - not during my cycle - I try to keep my compounds inside my system for the whole cycle length. Just drink plenty of fluid all day long and your body will tolerate the compounds. Make sure your fat intake is high

Mystere3

Awards
Uh stacking epi and halo is just stupid. Why would you combine two non-synergistic methyls and run low doses of both? If you're going to stack anything run a therapeutic dose of epi (45-60) or halo (75-100) then stack trenavar, hexadrone, furaza, 11-oxo, or katanadrol.

yungizzy

yungizzy

Awards
Depends what gains you're looking for- if you're doing regular intense activity like LAX and if you're just hoppin back into the game there's no reason to hit your system with massive gains that could lead to a possible muscle tear. Epi Halo is awesome when diet is ON POINT

Mystere3

Awards
It's useless. Neither compound is fully therapeutic at those doses and you're increasing toxicity over running a higher dose of a single compound. If you're going to stack, stack two compounds with different mechanisms of action. Both halo and epi are dry and non-aromatizable.

yungizzy

yungizzy

Awards
Yes, they're both methylated but ran at low doses (30 epi 50 halo) for 4 weeks will be a sweet spot. 6 weeks is a very long time to be on halo imo
You want to keep all your gains so stick to a lower dose and increase intensity

Or go 75mg of halo for 4 weeks
Or try epi at 45 mg for 4 weeks

Mystere3

Awards
Epi and especially don't even kick in really till weeks 3-4. A 4 week cycle of either is a waste. Halo is meant to be run for 6 weeks. If you're stacking both of these, you are probably right in not running it beyond 4 weeks but you're also increasing your sides while decreasing your gains.

If you're going to stack epi or halo,do so with a non-methyl or sarm.

yungizzy

yungizzy

Awards
Sides you would get running these together at low dose would be - Back Pums Dry Joints and maybe Head Pumps - easy fix
If fat intake is high results will come at day 4 and you're exploding by end of week 2
6 weeks is a long time to cycle if you're mid-season (you're asking for a pulled muscle)

Mystere3

Awards
No actually the main sides you'll get from stacking will be hepatotoxicity, lethargy, and increased suppression (deceased libido). You also will get less gains than you would from a higher dose of a single agent which you'd be able to run longer with fewer sides.

yungizzy

yungizzy

Awards
For me the compounds felt great with my body- increased aggression and blood flow leading to great dry, dense gains and fat loss- when I would push my limit I'd get a feeling like my body just released electricity and I would feel almost like tingling or crawling in my muscles and spine. I would get this feeling during speed straining too

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen them stacked and Hyde is stacking them now. But honestly it seems to big of a risk for your organs at 2 methyl compounds.

Stick to 1, full dose if, don't be a wimp, eat, train and sleep because you will be tired.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yes, they're both methylated but ran at low doses (30 epi 50 halo) for 4 weeks will be a sweet spot. 6 weeks is a very long time to be on halo imo
You want to keep all your gains so stick to a lower dose and increase intensity

Or go 75mg of halo for 4 weeks
Or try epi at 45 mg for 4 weeks
To each is there own but this is a waste of time if you wanna cycle....

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll stick to my suggestion of 6 weeks hdrol/stano
i gained 25lbs on that alone, id go with that. it was my favorite combination. id run it again except start stano the same time you start preloading for your cycle. then stano will be fully kicked in and once that lethargcy hits from hdrol the stano will pick up the slack and keep you moving throughout the day.

Mystere3

Awards
I don't think stacking two methyls is the problem, sdmz is a two methyl stack and is great. It's just you're stacking two similar methyls at low dose rather than running one at a useful dose.

I've seen them stacked and Hyde is stacking them now. But honestly it seems to big of a risk for your organs at 2 methyl compounds.

Stick to 1, full dose if, don't be a wimp, eat, train and sleep because you will be tired.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Here's my .02; there's a ton of misinformation on here (even in this thread) so I can't expect you to believe everything I say, but this way you can get another opinion: Epi needs at least 40mg for me, halo at least 75mg, they both take a good 3wks to really see some positive changes, so you'd definitely want a 6wk run. Both compounds have good synergy with one another, as well as Trenavar (Trendione, aka pro-trenbolone), so stacking them together or one with Tvar are great options.

To each is there own but this is a waste of time if you wanna cycle....
Agreed if you're addressing length - 4wks of either compound is not a long time to really reap the benefits.

I'll stick to my suggestion of 6 weeks hdrol/stano
This would be a great cycle; you probably couldn't go wrong here - Epi, Hdrol, Tvar all are going to shut you down. Running any of them solo or in some combination are going to have you fairly suppressed to the extent that you really feel it within a few wks. Going 6 good wks, you're going to be spending probably at least 3 feeling awful - Stano will help fight lethargy, help libido, increase vascularity & endurance. Don't bother with less than 600mg/day, & up to 1g is very reasonable/day (I'd start with 600, personally, & taper up as wks progress).

I don't think stacking two methyls is the problem, sdmz is a two methyl stack and is great. It's just you're stacking two similar methyls at low dose rather than running one at a useful dose.
This kind of really hits the nail of the issue on the head: Stacking 2 methyls isn't any more unsafe than big doses of a single - what's more toxic, epi @ 30mg w/ halo @ 50mg, or Sdrol @ 30mg? Easy answer: Sdrol @ 30 - why? Because nobody can tolerate running Sdrol @ 30 for 6wks lol

But, as Mystere3 points out, you need to run high enough doses of the drugs to make them work. If you get your wisdom teeth pulled, are you gonna take 200mg of ibuprofen & a single cap of tylenol? No, you're gonna take at least 800mg hits of ibuprofen & still be wishing your a-hole dentist had given you a longer script for the Vicodin.

You need to understand the compounds you're using & efficacious dosing of them - for me, Epi minimum is 40mg & Halo 75mg. You could totally do this, but, as suggested, perhaps one solo at a slightly bigger dose or with Tvar would be the healthier option with identical gains. Epi & Tvar pair better, as Epi is a DHT derivative and acts as an Anti-Estrogen, kind of the way Masteron does. Stano helps this way as well. Tren will elevate your prolactin levels as it binds to the progesterone receptor some, but it's tough to get gyno from it if you keep estro down none-the-less. If you use the Tren, be using exemestane on cycle & keep some prami on hand at least.

I'd run Stano (600-1kmg) with Epi or Halo, 40-60mg & 75-125mg respectively (starting at the bottom number if you've never used it before). If you want more, Tvar @ 60-90mg starting up to - sky's the limit; ppl vary wildly how much Tren they can tolerate. You should incorporate either prolactin control like caber or prami, or an AI like exemestane, or both if you go this route. Find your sweetspot but DON'T overdo it. Live to cycle another day.

Mystere3

Awards
Great post, Hyde.

I think the bottom line for me is that there's minimum effective doses of both compounds. It's provably better to stack halo and epi when you have basically maxed out one of the compounds to the point where increasing dosing just increases sides rather than results. That's probably around 75 mg for epi and about 150 mg for halo. Therefore, it's probably correct that 50 epi 100 halo is better than 100 epi or 200 halo. I still maintain that stacking either halo or epi with tren will yield better results, tho.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great post, Hyde.

I think the bottom line for me is that there's minimum effective doses of both compounds. It's provably better to stack halo and epi when you have basically maxed out one of the compounds to the point where increasing dosing just increases sides rather than results. That's probably around 75 mg for epi and about 150 mg for halo. Therefore, it's probably correct that 50 epi 100 halo is better than 100 epi or 200 halo. I still maintain that stacking either halo or epi with tren will yield better results, tho.
Agreed!