Xcel Sports Detonator X 22.5mg Epistane- What Should I Do?

E

EskimoJoe

Awards
Let me start with this- I am a 20 year old male who understands the risks associated with prohormones and the fact that one should not delve into them quite yet at my age. I understand the need to work hard and eat to make gains. I love the grind of the gym, and still to this moment have never taken a prohormone.

Not trying to say I'm a saint, just wanted to clarify that I'm not a troll, and I'm not an idiot. The other day I went to my local supplement store in need of a new pre-workout. I see many bottles of Detonator X by Xcel Sports Nutrition. The store owner notices me checking it out, and gives me his sales pitch as to what a great product it is. Foolishly, without researching it or even looking at the ingredients (I was in a hurry :/) I grabbed a tub of it and proceeded to checkout.

When I had more time later and was going to workout, I did a little google search on it and came to know that it had 22.5mg of epistane per scoop. Knowing that this was a prohormone, red flags in my head automatically went off. I went back up to the store, and that dick gave me the whole "no refunds" spiel.

Now I'm in a dilemma, as naturally I don't want to throw the $50 it cost away. From what I've read, epistane is on the weaker end of ph's. I was wondering if anyone knew if it truly had this much in it per scoop since it's listed on the bottle in a propietary blend. I also read that anything under 30mg shouldn't mess up natural production- and was looking for clarification on this. I honestly wouldn't mind trying it out, but was wondering how risky this was, and if when I finished it I should get a SERM or just a regular PCT.

Also, would one scoop on workouts day require a cycle support? I have a basic milk thistle, but I feel like if I were to put this stuff in my body that I would need more. I can't believe that it's legal to sell Epistane in a pre-workout, however I know it's my own fault for buying it. It is still unopened, and I am simply looking for any advice on if I were to take it how bad it would be for me, and what precautions I should take.

Sorry I'm not a master in the ph world, I honestly didn't knowingly enter it. Respect to everyone out there, and thank you for reading my "tear-jerking" story. Any and all advice is more than appreciated, as I won't be opening the product until I hear some.

Thanks again.

-Joe

6foot6gymrat

6foot6gymrat

Awards
Alright man, props for having enough wisdom to seek advice before your halfway through the bottle. First off, using prohormones or steroids at ANY dose WILL suppress your natural test. No way around it. Secondly, this is not at all a good cycle. Your entire dose is in a preworkout that you would likely take all at once (not ideal at all) and you would also have to take it every single day until the product is gone. As you wisely observed your also extremely young and whatever minimal gains you may get from taking this would not be worth the possible damage to your endocrine system. This is a preworkout that would require a full pct which in my mind is rediculous. Id stay the hell away from whoever sold that to you man.

finloopio

finloopio

Awards
I don't know how "weak" epistane really is. Just not as harsh on the liver as other ph. You're young. I wouldn't blow that natural test production.

On the topic of it being a weaker ph- anyone found epistane to be worth running by itself and seen great results?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ship it to me, ill send you a tub of pes enhanced. It's only missing 3 servings.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I'll be honest, I'm using it now but I am on cycle so the extra epi is nice. I normally use our other pre XcelleratorX when I'm not on cycle cause it doesn't have a pro in it. There are tons of guys that take it like there everyday pre w/o. It really comes down to personal preference.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be honest, I'm using it now but I am on cycle so the extra epi is nice. I normally use our other pre XcelleratorX when I'm not on cycle cause it doesn't have a pro in it. There are tons of guys that take it like there everyday pre w/o. It really comes down to personal preference.
Well that's stupid. I hate when companies (that sell hormonal products) get reps that don't know nothing about anabolic androgenic hormones.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure how it's stupid or where your coming from
There are a ton of guys who are using 20mg of a potent 17a methyl anabolic androgenic steroid in their pre workout everyday, and you don't see how that comment is stupid?

Aside from the other health issues that can and will arise from this, even anavar in 10mg dosages is shown to negatively effect htpa function.

Also, it looks highly possible that most of the effects seen from epi come from its conversion to desoxy methyl testosterone aka, phera.

Op is too young, no steroid experience, and has a pre workout sold by an irresponsible company containing a steroid, and the rep is saying, eh, its a personal choice ( no shiit) but a ton of guys are using it as their everyday pre workout.

No, not good advice.
But what should I expect from a company that sticks everything hormonal in their products but the kitchen sink, selling for redonkulous prices, with no regard for consumer safety, which isnt helping to keep the negativity off the supplement industry, just to make a quick buck.
An yea, I know you have some single compound products.
Btw, two scoops, and you'll have a effective dosage of epi at 45mg.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
That label... Wtf.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
There are a ton of guys who are using 20mg of a potent 17a methyl anabolic androgenic steroid in their pre workout everyday, and you don't see how that comment is stupid? Aside from the other health issues that can and will arise from this, even anavar in 10mg dosages is shown to negatively effect htpa function. Also, it looks highly possible that most of the effects seen from epi come from its conversion to desoxy methyl testosterone aka, phera. Op is too young, no steroid experience, and has a pre workout sold by an irresponsible company containing a steroid, and the rep is saying, eh, its a personal choice ( no shiit) but a ton of guys are using it as their everyday pre workout. No, not good advice. But what should I expect from a company that sticks everything hormonal in their products but the kitchen sink, selling for redonkulous prices, with no regard for consumer safety, which isnt helping to keep the negativity off the supplement industry, just to make a quick buck. An yea, I know you have some single compound products. Btw, two scoops, and you'll have a effective dosage of epi at 45mg.
I don't see how that comment is stupid cause it is the truth. We can't keep the product on the shelves, guys use this product everyday. He already has the product, he purchased it so at least we can tell him the correct way to use it. What someone takes is their own personal decision, right. You take the supplements in your stack cause you want to. It's the same with everyone else. If you don't like a pre with epi then don't take it, not a big deal. Not sure how we are irresponsible. I am just telling the truth on how people use this product. I already said how I personally use it. We have single compounds, dual, triple and quad stacks. So we have something for everyone, not sure about the kitchen sick either. We make the products because people love them and there are in demand cause they work. The reason the prices are high is because of our raw materials. We don not buy raws from china, all of our raws come from Hungary which are very expensive but very pure. 1 scoop is totally fine if your supplementing with extra epi as well.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see how that comment is stupid cause it is the truth. We can't keep the product on the shelves, guys use this product everyday. He already has the product, he purchased it so at least we can tell him the correct way to use it. What someone takes is their own personal decision, right. You take the supplements in your stack cause you want to. It's the same with everyone else. If you don't like a pre with epi then don't take it, not a big deal. Not sure how we are irresponsible. I am just telling the truth on how people use this product. I already said how I personally use it. We have single compounds, dual, triple and quad stacks. So we have something for everyone, not sure about the kitchen sick either. We make the products because people love them and there are in demand cause they work. The reason the prices are high is because of our raw materials. We don not buy raws from china, all of our raws come from Hungary which are very expensive but very pure. 1 scoop is totally fine if your supplementing with extra epi as well.
Okay, explain the science behind stacking the compounds in ANY of your stacked products.

Of course they work

If I injected 400mg each of test/tren/1test/bold, do you think it wouldn't work?

If I took 50mg each of anadrol/dbol/tbol/winstrol do you think it wouldn't bring dem gainz?

The answer is of course, but why? What's the point?

People use it because they are uneducated, which is being taken advantage of.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We can thank companies like this when they pass the 2014 steroid act

R

rphash49

Awards
I have to agree with mw and jb. Many of these super stacked products(not just by xcel) have no reasoning other then money and are irresponsible on part of the company making it.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I don't see what the big deal is with stacked pro's. Guys all the time buy 2,3,4 single compounds and stack them together. We just have it in a single formula for them. The DNA series (Reaper, Mammoth, etc.), the second we get them in there sold out. The reason we make these large stacks, cause I think these are the ones your not fond of, is because there are in such demand. We have guys call all the time trying to give us ideas for different formulas for the 3,4 stacks so they obviously know what type of product it is and what it does. As much as you and others that don't like the products there are just as many and more that absolutely love them. People have different beliefs on many different things and that's just fine. It's valentines day, go spend time with your wife or girlfriend and try not to worry about something so trivial as this, there are many worse things out there to worry about.

R

rphash49

Awards
So selling people that don't know what they are buying 2-3 methyl products in a single pill is trivial? Interesting....

Oh and about valintines day. I can walk and chew gum at the same time thank you.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
So selling people that don't know what they are buying 2-3 methyl products in a single pill is trivial? Interesting.... Oh and about valintines day. I can walk and chew gum at the same time thank you.
They obviously know there buying a product with more than 1 methyl in it. Otherwise they would be buying more than 1 single compound and stacking them together. Again, we have, as well as many other companies single, double, triple, etc. stacks. People choose what they are comfortable with. For instance I'm comfortable with single and double stacks, but that's just me. It's not like all we have is thirty different products and there all quad stacks. Very silly to argue about something that isn't going to change. You don't like it, that's fine. There's a lot of things I don't like either. No big deal.

R

rphash49

Awards
They obviously know there buying a product with more than 1 methyl in it. Otherwise they would be buying more than 1 single compound and stacking them together. Again, we have, as well as many other companies single, double, triple, etc. stacks. People choose what they are comfortable with. For instance I'm comfortable with single and double stacks, but that's just me. It's not like all we have is thirty different products and there all quad stacks. Very silly to argue about something that isn't going to change. You don't like it, that's fine. There's a lot of things I don't like either. No big deal.
I 100% guarantee you 50%+ of the people buying those 3-4 stacked products don't know what they are buying. Which is no different than every other ph/ds company. "Silly to argue"? I'm not arguing, this is still a forum right? Where I can express my opinion.

I mean what is the point of

5mg m-sten+25mg dmz+20mg lmg+25mg halo
Or
4mg m-sten + 10mg lmg + 20mg hdrol + 5mg epi
Or
35mg 19nor + 25mg hdrol + 16mg lmg + 4mg m-sten + 7mg epi

Dosages don't even make sense.

Reactions: mw1
jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For every person with equal or greater knowledge than myself on androgenic/anabolic hormones, there are probably hundreds that don't come close to an understanding.

I have no problem with stacking compounds that enhance the effects of each other, creating a synergistic effect, and thereby ultimately requiring less androgens to get the job done.

You either didn't fully read my post, or didn't understand it enough.

I'm the kind of person that likes to be shut up with data based facts.

Explaining the science behind any of the stacked products shouldn't be a problem for an educated rep.

It's usually a good idea to try to convince members with significant knowledge on the subject why your products should be chosen over others.
Not just good ol bro science saying, hey, people want it, we're just giving it to them.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I 100% guarantee you 50%+ of the people buying those 3-4 stacked products don't know what they are buying. Which is no different than every other ph/ds company. "Silly to argue"? I'm not arguing, this is still a forum right? Where I can express my opinion.

I mean what is the point of

5mg m-sten+25mg dmz+20mg lmg+25mg halo
Or
4mg m-sten + 10mg lmg + 20mg hdrol + 5mg epi
Or
35mg 19nor + 25mg hdrol + 16mg lmg + 4mg m-sten + 7mg epi

Dosages don't even make sense.
They can't tell you because they don't know, but it looks wicked awesome.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I 100% guarantee you 50%+ of the people buying those 3-4 stacked products don't know what they are buying. Which is no different than every other ph/ds company. "Silly to argue"? I'm not arguing, this is still a forum right? Where I can express my opinion. I mean what is the point of 5mg m-sten+25mg dmz+20mg lmg+25mg halo Or 4mg m-sten + 10mg lmg + 20mg hdrol + 5mg epi Or 35mg 19nor + 25mg hdrol + 16mg lmg + 4mg m-sten + 7mg epi Dosages don't even make sense.
Yes it's a forum and everyone can have their opinion but we obviously won't agree so I comes to a point where were spinning our wheels. That's all. The dosages, if you think there low its because when you stack compounds with carbopol you don't need high dosages. There's no waste of the product, your body utilizes 100% of the raw material which means you need less to be just as effective.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I wouldnt buy anything from XCEL
Horrible decision. I've bought a few things from these guys and all been top shelf quality products. As far as the ph topic goes. It's a personal choice to be made by the individual. Taking it in a personally irresponsible way is the only chance I see for error. All that are bringing it down should try educating the guy on proper pct and how to rebound in a correct and healthy manner instead of dumping on the product. If he has it. I say use it. If you've looked up info info about the product then keep looking for the successful followthrough of it's use. In the end it's your choice man. Best of luck in either road you choose.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have people on fb running it who dont even know what a methyl is much less those nomenclatures.
Oh yes if you are at sponsor at AM I dont think you cant promote your products here either

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
You have people on fb running it who dont even know what a methyl is much less those nomenclatures. Oh yes if you are at sponsor at AM I dont think you cant promote your products here either
How do you know that these people on Facebook don't know what a methyl is? I'm not promoting anything at all.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me get this straight: The defense is "The majority is using it like a normal preworkout, so you should, too." and "The majority are buying up these stacks, you should, too."?

That would make sense, if the majority of people that use DS did so correctly with great care and responsibility.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the issue is that OP didn't know there was Epi in there when he bought it, so the whole "if you don't like epi, don't take it" argument doesn't work. Was it labeled as epistane or was it the chemical nomenclature instead?

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP, did you get carded when you bought it?

You're only 20, so you can't look that old. If he didn't mention hormonal ingredients when he was giving you the pitch, then didn't card you for the product than that's not only unethical, but illegal also.

If I brought it back and they didn't return it, I would be one upset customer.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I think the issue is that OP didn't know there was Epi in there when he bought it, so the whole "if you don't like epi, don't take it" argument doesn't work. Was it labeled as epistane or was it the chemical nomenclature instead?
No it's labeled on the front of the tub. If I get an extra XcelleratorX, the one without epi, I would trade him. If he doesn't want to use it.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No it's labeled on the front of the tub. If I get an extra XcelleratorX, the one without epi, I would trade him. If he doesn't want to use it.
The bad thing is a large portion of customers don't even know what epi is.

They buy a Pre Workout, assume it's like the rest without hormones and are blown away by the effects with no idea what's in the product. Hell, they could be on the product for months and months!

I want to see the instructions on the tub, the only one I came up with was too blurry to read. If they are not very concise about what the product contains, the time frame for safe consumption, and the inherent dangers of the ingredients than I question the integrity of the company. If there is sufficient info; the salesman is an a$$hole and OP should have read the tub.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The bad thing is a large portion of customers don't even know what epi is.

They buy a Pre Workout, assume it's like the rest without hormones and are blown away by the effects with no idea what's in the product. Hell, they could be on the product for months and months!

I want to see the instructions on the tub, the only one I came up with was too blurry to read. If they are not very concise about what the product contains, the time frame for safe consumption, and the inherent dangers of the ingredients than I question the integrity of the company. If there is sufficient info; the salesman is an a$$hole and OP should have read the tub.
Agreed putting a PH in any pre workout is rediculous....and dangerous . Its practically impossible to insure the customer is getting X amount of a ph in a scoop and not twice the amount

BlumpkinKing

BlumpkinKing

Awards
I live in Florida. Almost every privately owned "supp shop" I've been to sells xcell products. They put up stands inside my gym ,telling as young as 16, Kids in high school , this will help them in sports and get to the next level. These are store owners pitching this to teens, clearly no idea there are hormones inside it. If you don't educate who even sells your products. Consumers are just going to consume and fail and ruin it for everyone.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed putting a PH in any pre workout is rediculous....and dangerous . Its practically impossible to insure the customer is getting X amount of a ph in a scoop and not twice the amount
I personally don't believe any hormones belong in a pre workout blend. Aside from that, if the labeling is at all misleading or lacking in critical information than that is a big issue. Say a customer incurs damages and brings it to court. If the company has unlimited liability, ownership stands to lose their asses, and then some.

I want to reserve my judgment about the company until I see the labeling. We all know some supplement companies should not be regarded as pillars of integrity. I'm looking at you DS.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Edit: it list it.
I read the label as best I could and it also includes an age requirement and warning label.

However, I do not see a limited time frame for consumption listed. Only, "don't not consume more than 3 servings in 24 hours."

IMO, that is negligent.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read the label as best I could and it also includes an age requirement and warning label.

However, I do not see a limited time frame for consumption listed. Only, "don't not consume more than 3 servings in 24 hours."

IMO, that is negligent.
a "disclaimer" does not protect from liability in court;)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i believe thats a self imposed rule of the industry. there is no "law" that i'm aware of.
Awesome. So it's legal for a 16 year old kid to walk into the store and buy hormonal products. Wait, I'm sure the ethical sales guy will have the kids back. Sounds legit.

O

onthemove

Awards
lol, yep they sell this at the nutrition store next to my gym

macrosemary

macrosemary

Awards
No way around it. Secondly, this is not at all a good cycle. Your entire dose is in a preworkout that you would likely take all at once (not ideal at all) and you would also have to take it every single day until the product is gone.
That was my thought. I mean unless he split his 'pre workout' scoops - but man, if I had to just do laundry or life outside of the gym - I wouldn't be drinking a pre workout. Kind seems like a dick move on the production side.

macrosemary

macrosemary

Awards
On the topic of it being a weaker ph- anyone found epistane to be worth running by itself and seen great results?
From a female perspective - HANDS DOWN YES. I have an epic diet and I train pretty hard, so gains show more easily on me. The scale also hasn't lied. I work for a gym with a fat tester (sonogram style with millimeters of measurement) and there is no debating science at this point. But it's also morphed my mental game and given me visible and unexpected gains only two weeks in. I've been running 30mg each day. 15mg when I rise and 15mg around 3 before I lift or run. Again, I'm a chick. A whopping 137lbs at 5'6 and 17% body fat.