Quick mdrol question

Mmm33732

Awards
So I'm running another round of mdrol. Goal is bulk but not a ton of fat gain. My maintenance cals are 3050ish. On cycle I'm lifting 2 out of 3 days and have my cals at 4000 on those days. On that other day (every third day) I've been planning on doing some cardio and dropping cals to maintenance. That puts me at an average of about 650 cal surplus a day. Seem like a good idea or should I just stick with 4000 every day whether lifting or not?

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
So I'm running another round of mdrol. Goal is bulk but not a ton of fat gain. My maintenance cals are 3050ish. On cycle I'm lifting 2 out of 3 days and have my cals at 4000 on those days. On that other day (every third day) I've been planning on doing some cardio and dropping cals to maintenance. That puts me at an average of about 650 cal surplus a day. Seem like a good idea or should I just stick with 4000 every day whether lifting or not?
Don't see why not man. Mdrol is more of a bulking PH though. Why not use this as a bulk add mass then run a cutting cycle? Hdrol/epi with stano or something like that.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would drop carbs just a bit on off days but stay above maintenance if I had your same goals on cycle. Everyone's different though.

Mmm33732

Awards
Don't see why not man. Mdrol is more of a bulking PH though. Why not use this as a bulk add mass then run a cutting cycle? Hdrol/epi with stano or something like that.
I am running it as a bulk.
"Goal is bulk but not a ton of fat gain." That's why I'm at 1000 cals over maintenance on lifting days (2 out of of 3 days) and am trying to figure out the third day. Either have that one at maintenance since I wouldn't be lifting which would average out to 650ish cals above maintenance for every day Or keep the third day at 1000 surplus as well leaving an average of 1000 surplus cals. Basically if Id be better off having my caloric surplus to be steady at 1000+ each day or lower on rest days so they average only 650+ for the week.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I am running it as a bulk. "Goal is bulk but not a ton of fat gain." That's why I'm at 1000 cals over maintenance on lifting days (2 out of of 3 days) and am trying to figure out the third day. Either have that one at maintenance since I wouldn't be lifting which would average out to 650ish cals above maintenance for every day Or keep the third day at 1000 surplus as well leaving an average of 1000 surplus cals. Basically if Id be better off having my caloric surplus to be steady at 1000+ each day or lower on rest days so they average only 650+ for the week.
I agree with matthersby..drop carbs on off days. I would just add that if you don't want to gain fat just keep it clean for the most part. I honestly think 1000 surplus or 650 average each week would work. But from what your saying it sounds like the 650 would fit your current goals better. The extra 350 cal average a week won't make a big difference in terms of gains IMO.