Injection site irritation

tbo

Awards
So last Weds was my second pin on a new cycle of Test E and the next morning it was bruised and started to knot up. Over the following days redness started to appear and the knot stayed consistent. I felt achey and sort of fluish like, but my temperature was normal and the bruising and redness was going away as the days progressed. I have used this source before and had a cycle of Test E go without a hitch. My first thoughts were that I was doing it left handed (i'm right handed) and i felt myself flex a bit mid pin so I thought I had caused the irritation. With the redness nearly gone and the knotting subsiding I tried my third pin today and within a 4-5 hours i feel a slight sting and a small knot, and bruise forming.
Thoughts? A high alcohol content or perhaps my body is just not use to it yet? I am pinning in my glutes and everything is sterile and wiped with alcohol swabs pre-pin.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
So last Weds was my second pin on a new cycle of Test E and the next morning it was bruised and started to knot up. Over the following days redness started to appear and the knot stayed consistent. I felt achey and sort of fluish like, but my temperature was normal and the bruising and redness was going away as the days progressed. I have used this source before and had a cycle of Test E go without a hitch. My first thoughts were that I was doing it left handed (i'm right handed) and i felt myself flex a bit mid pin so I thought I had caused the irritation. With the redness nearly gone and the knotting subsiding I tried my third pin today and within a 4-5 hours i feel a slight sting and a small knot, and bruise forming.
Thoughts? A high alcohol content or perhaps my body is just not use to it yet? I am pinning in my glutes and everything is sterile and wiped with alcohol swabs pre-pin.
Has the fluid dissipated from the first injection? Is it still red and warm? I've ran gear that had horrible PIP after every injection I still finished my cycle. I just pushed through it. I massaged it a lot and used heating pads a lot. Also use a foam roller on the muscles you're feeling pip.

tbo

Awards
Has the fluid dissipated from the first injection? Is it still red and warm? I've ran gear that had horrible PIP after every injection I still finished my cycle. I just pushed through it. I massaged it a lot and used heating pads a lot. Also use a foam roller on the muscles you're feeling pip.
My first pin was used from a vial on my previous batch. I had just shy of 2ml in there so I pulled what I needed and tossed it. The first pin of this new batch is still lightly red, but no longer warm. There is still, however, a knot. Should the knot be an indication of oil still lingering around?

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
My first pin was used from a vial on my previous batch. I had just shy of 2ml in there so I pulled what I needed and tossed it. The first pin of this new batch is still lightly red, but no longer warm. There is still, however, a knot. Should the knot be an indication of oil still lingering around?
Yes generally. Rub it and heat it and repeat

tbo

Awards
what length needle are you using.? it sounds like some of the oil is trapped between the muscle and the tissue around it. i like a 1.5" for glutes.
I am using a 1.5" for the glutes. Hopefully my left knot is completely gone in the next day so I can try again. I'm really going to focus on going a lot slower and especially making sure its warm enough.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
split up the dose or cut it with something. They prolly just downgraded and put some garbage oil in your vial

tbo

Awards
split up the dose or cut it with something. They prolly just downgraded and put some garbage oil in your vial
Are you talking about splitting it so I pin 4 times a week versus 2? And what do folks cut with and what advantages does that provide?

Number 10

Number 10

Awards
  • Established
probably has nothing to do with your problem, but i like to use a new needle for the inj. i discard the one i inserted into the vial. you likely do this already but alot of people dont.
This^^ definitely helped me with PIP. I now leave a 21G in the vial with sterile syringe in it to stop anything getting in, then pull through it with a new syringe, putting the sterile one back on the 21G to keep things sterile. I then pop a 25G onto my loaded syringe and shoot.

I'm sure people will tell you that you shouldn't leave a needle in the vial, but I have a massive fear of coring and firing rubber into my legs, so this alleviates that. It also seems to work for me, and injections are much smoother when the needle hasn't been shoved through a rubber bung first. Only time this is an issue is if my gear needs to go on the move with me.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about splitting it so I pin 4 times a week versus 2? And what do folks cut with and what advantages does that provide?
yeah or when you pin, do liek 1/2 cc in 2x spots instead of 1cc in a single spot

grape seed oil or other gear you have on hand

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This^^ definitely helped me with PIP. I now leave a 21G in the vial with sterile syringe in it to stop anything getting in, then pull through it with a new syringe, putting the sterile one back on the 21G to keep things sterile. I then pop a 25G onto my loaded syringe and shoot. I'm sure people will tell you that you shouldn't leave a needle in the vial, but I have a massive fear of coring and firing rubber into my legs, so this alleviates that. It also seems to work for me, and injections are much smoother when the needle hasn't been shoved through a rubber bung first. Only time this is an issue is if my gear needs to go on the move with me.
Is it just me or does this method seem very unsanitary to others as well?

tbo

Awards
Is it just me or does this method seem very unsanitary to others as well?
Yeah that seems a little sketchy to me.

I use a new needle anytime I do anything. I do not understand why others would even consider skimping out on that step when needles are so cheap.

Number 10

Number 10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that seems a little sketchy to me. I use a new needle anytime I do anything. I do not understand why others would even consider skimping out on that step when needles are so cheap.
I'm not skimping, and I hear what you're saying, but this way means you're only piercing the rubber stopper once, and you're still keeping it airtight through having a fresh syringe over the 21G needle that's in the vial. I used to pierce it each time, but for some reason this one time I checked the syringe just before I fired it home. Luckily for me I did, as there was a piece of rubber in there. From that point on, I've been more worried about coring and firing rubber into my legs, and this seems the safest way to avoid that. Don't want to be explaining to anyone why I've had to have half my quad cut out. I've never had any inflammation at all and no infections from the injections I've done this way. But each to their own...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bumping this thread a bit for some info:

Does anyone know where to get pure, sterile grapeseed oil for cutting shots with?

edit: NM, much easier than I thought to find