Testicular Atrophy Nearing End of PCT

  1. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Testicular Atrophy Nearing End of PCT


    Hello all, long time lurker on this board and have basically used this board for constructing all of my cycles and generating steroid knowledge in general. I am 23 years old and just finished my second cycle which consisted of

    Test E 400 MG/WK 1-10
    Epi-strong week 4-10
    HCG 250 IU 2x week 5-10
    HCG blast 500 IU from day after last shot till four days before PCT
    Arimidex .5MG EOD

    PCT: Clomid 1-30
    DAA: Day 1-30
    Activate Xtreme and triazole starting at day 14 (currently still on)

    Anyway, with my first cycle I did not use HCG and my nuts took quite a long time to recover. Nevertheless I've gotten blood work pretty regularly and my normal test levels sit at around 600. This time, I got tested two weeks into PCT just to make sure everything was going correctly. My bloodwork came in at the following:

    Total Test: 629
    LH: 7.7
    FSH: 3.7

    I was very pleased with the results. Testicles were rather plump at this time, but about 3/4 the size of what they were at the end of the blast. I thought I was on the way to a smooth recovery. Fast forward about two weeks (5 days before discontinuing clomid) I noticed that my testicles were now about 50% smaller than they were during the blood test. I am now one week off of clomid and they are still rather small and I am feeling a little sluggish in the gym although this could be placebo. Is it neccesary to get tested now to see where I'm at at this point, or would it be useless? I know it's advisable to wait atleast two-three weeks however it is killing me mentally knowing my testicles may have fallen back off. Thanks for any advice

  2. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    bump
  3. New Member
    WeT.DoLPhiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    379
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    2.89%

    I see no reason not to get a blood test...not only for the peace of mind but this will allow you fix the problem without taking different compounds and making things worse.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    jman6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    25026
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    88.89%

    wait a little longer
  5. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Quote Originally Posted by WeT.DoLPhiN View Post
    I see no reason not to get a blood test...not only for the peace of mind but this will allow you fix the problem without taking different compounds and making things worse.
    I think I will just to get a sense of where I'm at and like you said for the peace of mind. I just really hope I haven't tanked and I was banking on a smooth transition into recovery. I have a feeling my test levels have dropped some, but I'm more interested to see where my LH FSH and Estrogen levels are. Also, on the last test my e levels were at 25. I am more worried because of the fact that they atrophied before discontinuing clomid which makes no sense to me. I will get tested and report back Friday.
  6. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You need to consider that u might've desensitized the Leydig cells to LH. This would in turn cause the Leydig cells to shutdown. What was ur Clomid dosing?

    You want high T levels and a low LH/FSH level on the bloods. That indicates normal function.

    Consider anything that serves as an anti-oxidant to the Leydig cells such as Tocopherols.
  7. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    You need to consider that u might've desensitized the Leydig cells to LH. This would in turn cause the Leydig cells to shutdown. What was ur Clomid dosing?

    You want high T levels and a low LH/FSH level on the bloods. That indicates normal function.

    Consider anything that serves as an anti-oxidant to the Leydig cells such as Tocopherols.
    I also thought that but from everything I've read wouldn't very high doses of HCG be needed in order to cause desensitization? Whenever I've tested in the past test levels were about 600 with LH in the middle of the range. However once I did test with an LH of 30.1. But I believe that may have been error. I dosed the clomid at 50MG every day for 27 days with a slight taper of 25MG a day for three days. If the leydig cells were desensitized wouldn't that cause me to have a normal LH level with a very low test level? I got bloodwork this morning so I should get the results tomorrow. I know I'm still balancing but I'm pretty worried for permanent damage at this point.
  8. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Sorry fueled, one more question. Isn't it normal for LH to be a little bit high at the beginning of pct because your body is attempting to go from near zero testosterone to baseline? And then once you reach baseline it should lower as it only needs enough to maintain baseline? Or is this false?
  9. Advanced Member
    tcslick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    864
    Rep Power
    166800
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    53.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    You need to consider that u might've desensitized the Leydig cells to LH. This would in turn cause the Leydig cells to shutdown. What was ur Clomid dosing?

    You want high T levels and a low LH/FSH level on the bloods. That indicates normal function.

    Consider anything that serves as an anti-oxidant to the Leydig cells such as Tocopherols.
    My thought also. I don't like to run HCG for longer than a few weeks then wait a few weeks before I run any more.
  10. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Alright so I went ahead and got the bloodwork done and got the results back today. As expected, test has dropped. New numbers are:

    Testosterone: 449
    LH: 3.7
    FSH: 1.7
    Estradiol: 9.6 (7.6-42.6)


    I'm not really sure how to interpret these results. LH and FSH both went down quite significantly as well as total testosterone. Being that my estrogen is on the lower end, shouldn't this signal my pituitary to keep the LH high since the negative feedback loop should tell my HPTA that there isn't a lot of testosterone aromatizing? I'm not sure if the LH going down is a good sign or a bad sign. I'm really hoping that I didn't desensitize the leydig cells but from all the research I did it said that it wasn't a worry at such doses. Do you guys think I should be worried, or should things normalize over time?
  11. New Member
    hggnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    12
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    32%

    Run clomid again at a lowish dose for a month without the DAA.

    Some think DAA might be suppressive after discontinuation.
  12. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by X1D View Post
    Alright so I went ahead and got the bloodwork done and got the results back today. As expected, test has dropped. New numbers are:

    Testosterone: 449
    LH: 3.7
    FSH: 1.7
    Estradiol: 9.6 (7.6-42.6)

    I'm not really sure how to interpret these results. LH and FSH both went down quite significantly as well as total testosterone. Being that my estrogen is on the lower end, shouldn't this signal my pituitary to keep the LH high since the negative feedback loop should tell my HPTA that there isn't a lot of testosterone aromatizing? I'm not sure if the LH going down is a good sign or a bad sign. I'm really hoping that I didn't desensitize the leydig cells but from all the research I did it said that it wasn't a worry at such doses. Do you guys think I should be worried, or should things normalize over time?
    Normalize over time. Just wait it out.
  13. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Yeah now I plan to wait atleast 6 weeks before getting tested again. Do you think that LH drop is anything to be alert about? Libido is still very low but on my last cycle it took about a month after PCT to come back. At that point it came back really strong.
  14. Senior Member
    thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    113185
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    19.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Normalize over time. Just wait it out.
    I agree. PCT is really more of a jumpstart to recovery, not the entire duration of recovery. Should be feeling better in a few more weeks or so.
    Remember why you started.
  15. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Thank you guys for the assistance and replies. One last question and I'm done. Could the drop in LH in any way signal a failure or damage of the pituitary? I'm just nervous at the fact that it dropped so fast. I know it's still in normal range but I'm a little afraid of it dropping to below 1. Do you think the drop between the two tests could indicate a failure of my HPTA?
  16. New Member
    aSKINNYkid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    115
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    6.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    You need to consider that u might've desensitized the Leydig cells to LH. This would in turn cause the Leydig cells to shutdown. What was ur Clomid dosing?

    You want high T levels and a low LH/FSH level on the bloods. That indicates normal function.

    Consider anything that serves as an anti-oxidant to the Leydig cells such as Tocopherols.
    ^^ This

    Why I always heard that an HCG "blast" was bad and to stick to the traditional 500iu/w until PCT
    I don't go to the gym to be bigger than other people.
    I go to the gym to be bigger than me.
    (You can see TP in my avatar!!!!)
  17. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by aSKINNYkid View Post

    ^^ This

    Why I always heard that an HCG "blast" was bad and to stick to the traditional 500iu/w until PCT
    Ironically, the "blast" is actually the traditional protocol. The new school of thought based on research is 250iu X 2 per week. I'm still convinced that 100iu/day would be best though.
  18. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Once again thank you guys for the advice. From what I've read once you've desensitized Leydig cells it is irreversible right? Can they by any chance resensitize?
  19. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by X1D View Post
    Once again thank you guys for the advice. From what I've read once you've desensitized Leydig cells it is irreversible right? Can they by any chance resensitize?
    That is a complicated subject that I think we (medical research community) are still figuring out.

    From my understanding, there are mature Leydig cells and there are prenatal leydig cells.

    The mature ones get desensitized by large doses of HCG. The young cells do not - they respond appropriately. Furthermore, there are some studies in rats where the Leydig cells shutdown and froze production of testosterone at the onset of exogenous steroids, then years later, resumed production as normal when the exongenous T was stopped. I'd have to hunt for that study, but I'm certain I read it correctly over there on DatbTrue's site.

    There is a slow trickle of data and research that is starting to suggest that cycling on and off over and over seems more harmful on the testes than cruising for longer periods of time. For what its worth, this remains true in most other areas of life as well. Just think of car engines, for instance. Which is healthier, to have 75K miles of nothing but hard, aggressive driving in a "stop and go" city environment, or to just have 150K of pure highway miles only? While this isn't 100% congruent, the essence of the message is captured. Cruising is easier on the engine/body than stop and go, even if done for twice the time.

    But I'm not a medical expert, either. I think which compounds you use play just as large a role as to how long/frequently you cycle the hormone.

    Trest, tren, nandrolone & dieonolone for 10-20 weeks will have a far more profound effect on the oxidation of the testes when compared to test, boldenone, desoxy T, masteron, var etc. for the same periods of use.
  20. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    That is a complicated subject that I think we (medical research community) are still figuring out.

    From my understanding, there are mature Leydig cells and there are prenatal leydig cells.

    The mature ones get desensitized by large doses of HCG. The young cells do not - they respond appropriately. Furthermore, there are some studies in rats where the Leydig cells shutdown and froze production of testosterone at the onset of exogenous steroids, then years later, resumed production as normal when the exongenous T was stopped. I'd have to hunt for that study, but I'm certain I read it correctly over there on DatbTrue's site.

    There is a slow trickle of data and research that is starting to suggest that cycling on and off over and over seems more harmful on the testes than cruising for longer periods of time. For what its worth, this remains true in most other areas of life as well. Just think of car engines, for instance. Which is healthier, to have 75K miles of nothing but hard, aggressive driving in a "stop and go" city environment, or to just have 150K of pure highway miles only? While this isn't 100% congruent, the essence of the message is captured. Cruising is easier on the engine/body than stop and go, even if done for twice the time.

    But I'm not a medical expert, either. I think which compounds you use play just as large a role as to how long/frequently you cycle the hormone.

    Trest, tren, nandrolone & dieonolone for 10-20 weeks will have a far more profound effect on the oxidation of the testes when compared to test, boldenone, desoxy T, masteron, var etc. for the same periods of use.
    What?
  21. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nevermind
  22. New Member
    X1D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    93%

    Actually fueled I'm not sure sure if you saw my follow up thread but 6 weeks after my pct my test levels tanked. But it was due to my LH and FSH tanking, therefore causing my test to drop back down. I don't think it's my nuts though, I think it's my HPTA. I'm running some HCG to get my nuts back up again and starting another pct with clomid and nolva for 6 weeks. I really hope my pituitary becomes sustainable I'm way too young to consider TRT but I feel like garbage! Praying that this restart works
  23. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    A slow, long Clomid therapy with a gradual taper off might work.
  24. Senior Member
    harbonah's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    379197
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    74.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2360778/ i cant seem to find it but there was a study supporting the use of taurine to avoid leydig cell damage.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  25. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2360778/ i cant seem to find it but there was a study supporting the use of taurine to avoid leydig cell damage.
    I believe it along with tocopherols, melatonin and NAC. Those are the true on cycle support supps IMO.
  26. Senior Member
    harbonah's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    379197
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    74.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    I believe it along with tocopherols, melatonin and NAC. Those are the true on cycle support supps IMO.
    Yes thank you for the memory Jog there it was NAC not Taurine that seems to be useful for this. N-acetylcysteine counteracts oxidative stress and prevents hCG-induced apoptosis in rat Leydig cells through down regulation of caspase-8 and JNK.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  27. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    719743
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    There it is.

    So NAC seems to be in the running for MVP.

    1) Provides excellent liver support
    2) Reduces oxidative damage in Leydig cells

    What else does it do?
  28. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    558949
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    There it is. So NAC seems to be in the running for MVP. 1) Provides excellent liver support 2) Reduces oxidative damage in Leydig cells What else does it do?
    Well, there is allegedly evidence of it being used as a visceral fat loss agent as well since u asked

    The thread is somewhere around here
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Nearing End of First Cycle, Question...
    By Snailed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 03:35 PM
  2. Low Libido near end of pct??
    By makeveli200 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 12:40 PM
  4. end of Pct issue!
    By drussell in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
  5. near end of summer cycle...
    By hethcliff in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in