Stupid liver question

Tcrouch22

Awards
Okay just started my msten cycle 12/16/16/16. I take 2 in the am and 2 in the pm along side blockade.

Anyways the real question is i drink but am not gonna touch alcohol on cycle but just found out my good buddies bachelor party will be about a week and half into my pct. would I be totally screwing myself if I drink a few that night? Just a few quick answers and I'll delete this post as I'm sure there are a million about it just wanted some recent and personal input

Btw, pct is nolva 20/20/10/10 and post cycle 3x.

Number 10

Number 10

Awards
  • Established
Okay just started my msten cycle 12/16/16/16. I take 2 in the am and 2 in the pm along side blockade. Anyways the real question is i drink but am not gonna touch alcohol on cycle but just found out my good buddies bachelor party will be about a week and half into my pct. would I be totally screwing myself if I drink a few that night? Just a few quick answers and I'll delete this post as I'm sure there are a million about it just wanted some recent and personal input Btw, pct is nolva 20/20/10/10 and post cycle 3x.
Personal opinion, it's not going to do you any favours in terms of keeping gains or helping to restore hormone balance in your body, but I can't see it doing you a ridiculous amount of harm from a liver point of view that far into PCT if you don't overdo it (this is not medical advice).

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
taking anything for liver? liv52? anything? i mean one bear wont KILL you but slamming more than 2 will do you in. it is THAT type of party so no i vote none no no no. but hey :) you people wont listen to either of us

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You will be fine having a night of alcohol use, especially that far into PCT.
Stay hydrated on cycle and boom!

Don't sweat it.

Tcrouch22

Awards
Sorry my post cycle will be nolva, post cycle 3x, and proliver(just nac pills). I drink about a gallon and half of water everyday as well

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wasting a bachelor party is not worth a cycle IMO especially if it is a good friend. That stuff (hopefully) only happens once a lifetime there are plenty of other times to run cycles.

We all know you are going to drink more than a few beers. It's a damn bachelor party. So will it kill you? I doubt it. I knew guys who binged several times a week on methyls in college not knowing any better. Definitely not good but probably won't kill you. Everyone is different though. I say run TUDCA throughout cycle and pct if you are worried. Or do a non methyl cycle of trest or something else instead.

All this being said, I am not a doctor, not have I run superdrol, and this is in no way medical advice. So take it for what it's worth

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You feel more hungover because your body is working to clear more toxins, thus you become more dehydrated.

Drink water, maybe some electrolytes.

Tcrouch22

Awards
I planned on drinking 2 gallons before and before I go to bed pedialyte with some casein. I buddy of mine who was on ug savage went out one night during the middle of cycle and drank pedialyte after and said he didn't feel to bad

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I planned on drinking 2 gallons before and before I go to bed pedialyte with some casein. I buddy of mine who was on ug savage went out one night during the middle of cycle and drank pedialyte after and said he didn't feel to bad
So why not just run something not harsh on the liver if you are that worried about it

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
So why not just run something not harsh on the liver if you are that worried about it
there is no PH or PS thats "not harsh" non methyls are just as dangerous as 17's if you dont take good precautions

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
there is no PH or PS thats "not harsh" non methyls are just as dangerous as 17's if you dont take good precautions
I never said that. What I said was harsh on the liver. Certain phs/aas have plenty of bloodwork that show they have very little impact on liver values. Being that this is a thread about his liver while on cycle, I would say that is his biggest concern

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
I never said that. What I said was harsh on the liver. Certain phs/aas have plenty of bloodwork that show they have very little impact on liver values. Being that this is a thread about his liver while on cycle, I would say that is his biggest concern

i would like to see those blood works because i dont believe in much difference in non and methyls. yes i understand the factors of why they are and arent but still bad for ya. thing is. he will be far enough in his cycle as is he can break it. i dont drink even off cycle but if it was a party like that its once in a life time for that friend. so i think we both agree with some liv52, pedalite, and water he shsould be good

Tcrouch22

Awards
No worries, stay hydrated and have fun.
Drink in moderation as well, but that is for general health and common sense.
Thanks everyone for the input. This is the only time during the whole 8 week cycling that I will be touching alcohol. Thanks again

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Thanks everyone for the input. This is the only time during the whole 8 week cycling that I will be touching alcohol. Thanks again
Like several said, there are no realistic chances of your liver taking a crap from a night if drinking. Dose Tudca high for the couple days surrounding the party and worry none!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like several said, there are no realistic chances of your liver taking a crap from a night if drinking. Dose Tudca high for the couple days surrounding the party and worry none!
I read a study about loading TUDCA before drinking, supposed to have negative effects. Good to use for repair, bad to use for prevention (of ETOH effects).
I will try to find it and link it.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I read a study about loading TUDCA before drinking, supposed to have negative effects. Good to use for repair, bad to use for prevention (of ETOH effects).
I will try to find it and link it.
Which makes no sense in a way. When you think about dosing with a methyl you dose it before or after. I mean you dose methyls all day so wouldn't be able to after and I see no reason why alcohol wouldn't be the same. It has to do with bile.

AK1

AK1

Awards
My opinion is why even risk it - for what benefit ??? One night of drinking??? Who says you cant enjoy yourself on some diet coke for a night??

Then again if it is in PCT you wont have as much toxins to clear out - although Nolva is highly liver toxic so if you are running that then it negates the first aspect of this statement.....

Its one night to go without booze - you have your whole life to have to rely on your liver ........

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Everyone freaks about their liver and it regenerates. Yet it's kidneys that don't. If you start peeing dark it's kidneys. I can't figure out why everyone is this way. You hear of people's kidneys going out in the bodybuilding world more then liver. I'm tired of the liver scare. It's marketing for certain supplements.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your body is mostly water. With NO supplements or medication you should be drinking a minimum of 3 quarts a day.
Then you need to take into account the supplements, activity, temperature, and sweat/condensation loss.

DRINK. WATER.

AK1

AK1

Awards
Everyone freaks about their liver and it regenerates. Yet it's kidneys that don't. If you start peeing dark it's kidneys. I can't figure out why everyone is this way. You hear of people's kidneys going out in the bodybuilding world more then liver. I'm tired of the liver scare. It's marketing for certain supplements.
True yes I agree to be honest very few people highlight lipid values and kidney/heart related issues with anabolics - but liver failure or inability to clear out toxins efficiently puts a great deal of that strain on the kidneys - so make the liver suffer and your kidneys will suffer - by protecting your liver more - you are protecting your kidneys more (to an extent)

But yes you are right to a degree

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your body is mostly water. With NO supplements or medication you should be drinking a minimum of 3 quarts a day.
Then you need to take into account the supplements, activity, temperature, and sweat/condensation loss.

DRINK. WATER.
It's recommended to drink half your body weight in ounces

AK1

AK1

Awards
Yeah - you will get nurses and doctors having a fit - telling you that you will die because of the sodium drop due to excessive urination....but if you are training and have a lot of body mass you need that water anyway...

I hear people say: "What liver supports should I use? - I drink loads of water - at least 2 litres a day"

- 2 litres is not a lot

You want your urine to always be clear - just take electrolytes and vitamin sups because you will urinate a lot of those out and you need to replace them

Plus by drinking a lot of water your pituitary will not release as much ADH - which will then stop you holding onto water (meaning you urinate more - which is good for flushing everything out)

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Yeah - you will get nurses and doctors having a fit - telling you that you will die because of the sodium drop due to excessive urination....but if you are training and have a lot of body mass you need that water anyway...

I hear people say: "What liver supports should I use? - I drink loads of water - at least 2 litres a day"

- 2 litres is not a lot

You want your urine to always be clear - just take electrolytes and vitamin sups because you will urinate a lot of those out and you need to replace them

Plus by drinking a lot of water your pituitary will not release as much ADH - which will then stop you holding onto water (meaning you urinate more - which is good for flushing everything out)
Yep

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
lol at the lots of water or the dumbasses who say i drink tons! (in reality they drink vitawater thinking its the same thing) ive heard a kid in my health class (highschool) swear on my life when we talked about water and i said i drink alot .... "i drink lots of soda and the main thing in it is carbonated water. does that count?" FML

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
lol at the lots of water or the dumbasses who say i drink tons! (in reality they drink vitawater thinking its the same thing) ive heard a kid in my health class (highschool) swear on my life when we talked about water and i said i drink alot .... "i drink lots of soda and the main thing in it is carbonated water. does that count?" FML
Lol. Yeah I mainly drink till my urine is clear and beyond that I'm not too worried.

trenosaurus

trenosaurus

Awards
You're probably still young.. so "having a few" means tipping back a half gallon before the bar and binge drinking shots and beer while you're there. You won't die.. you may not even notice any negative effects. But, drinking should never be an option on cycle.. kind of defeats the purpose of running something in the first place.

AK1

AK1

Awards
Tudca and udca are supposed to be great detoxifyers - I usually run tudca along with milk thistle/NAC and dont tend to feel any lethargy....

maybe try checking out some research

Viking23

Awards
i hear you. i was reading about nasser the other day. kidney failure got him. ray mentzer is another that comes to mind. flex wheeler had to have a transplant. i'm not sayin steroids caused their problems, but it seems to be somewhat common with bodybuilders. same thing with the heart. art atwood dropped dead by the pool of a massive heart attack. don youngblood, greg kovacs, etc... the list goes on. you become more concerned about this kind of thing as you get older. i plan to stop using steroids after this year, at least the way i've used them in the past. i'll be 42, and i sure as hell aint ready to go yet lol . maybe sarms will end up being somewhat safer.
What about just running test? I would just run simple test cycles. 400-600 of test ew for like 10-12 weeks twice a year. Maybe even once a year. Granted I am younger so I am not thinking from the same perspective