Fina crystalized 24hrs after it was filter with .45 Whatman?

VillainBD

Awards
Do I just try and add more BA/BB solution little by little? How much more pain will adding it cause? I was trying to make it 160mg so I used two carts of component TH in a 4g kit. Everything seemed to go ok. Nothing different when I made it with a cart and one half a cart to make it 120mg, which never crystalized. Any advice will be appreciated.

-----Learning-------

VillainBD

Awards
Do I just try and add more BA/BB solution little by little? How much more pain will adding it cause? I was trying to make it 160mg so I used two carts of component TH in a 4g kit. Everything seemed to go ok. Nothing different when I made it with a cart and one half a cart to make it 120mg, which never crystalized. Any advice will be appreciated.

-----Learning-------
The longer it sits the more crystals are forming, it is getting thicker and thicker. Can anyone tell me how I can fix it or salvage any of it? My guess would be to add more BA/BB solution and maybe some oil, but I do not want to be wrong and go any further and not be able to salvage any of it.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
just add some bb and then heat it until it all goes into solution again and then wait a bit if it still crashes reapeat

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Kits are made for 75mg/ml. Unless you double the BA or BB also it will never hold.n Acetate will hurt at a high mg/ml if you get it to hold.

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
how high would you go on this? mg/ml ? I intend on making some about 120mg/ml

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I've never gone over 100mg/ml with fina. It just doesnt seem to hold after that.

VillainBD

Awards
I added 1ml of Ba/BB solution and ran it under hot water and it dissolved within 5 minutes and has not begun to crash, that was about 8p.m. last night. I have been making it 120mg using this method and have never had a problem or had to add any BA/BB.

VillainBD

Awards
just add some bb and then heat it until it all goes into solution again and then wait a bit if it still crashes reapeat
Thank you, all it took was 1cc of the BA/BB solution and heating it and it has held since the night before last around 8 p.m..