Been Training For 3 Years. Still Look Like #@#$... Cycle? - AnabolicMinds.com

Been Training For 3 Years. Still Look Like #@#$... Cycle?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Been Training For 3 Years. Still Look Like #@#$... Cycle?

Hey guys.

I know this may not be the most educated question. I've been very physically active for about 3 years (competetive boxing) and weight training.

Once I stopped boxing I put weight back on and have been trying to put on muscle lifting. I've been lifting on and off for about a year. Recently for about 4 months have been highly dedicated.

5-6 days in the gym, and when not in the gym still working out shawdoboxing etc... Been experimenting with different diets (keto namely) and have foudn that intermittent fasting combined with cutting out carbs and cardio in a fasted state works best.

My lifts are pretty ****, I have a bad knee and don't squat because I keep hurting it and I have tiestses syndrome so I don't flat bench.

I do however deadlift and thats up around 275 raw. I do workout hard and would raelly like to just look good, I don't seem to be putting on **** as far as muscle and i'm still fat!

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 185

I guess my question boils down to "what are the recommended prerequisites to starting a cycle?"

thanks!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Urm, I'm a bit stumped if you can't bench or squat?!

What is your goal? Put on muscle or lose fat? What do your workouts consist of? Might not be able to help, just curious.
  3. New Member

your diet is dog**** and the main reason behind this mess
    I can't really help you out on training without actually being there with you, but there will be some squatting and pressing variation you're capable of.
    275lb deadlift is a joke honestly, not being a dick in the slightest just stating facts. Even if you were a chick, I'd find this number funny

What do you really think steroids will do? More hormones suddenly making your diet and training optimal? If you want validation then fine, go run a cycle. Why the **** not
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joepimpsnyc4 View Post
    I've been lifting on and off for about a year. Recently for about 4 months have been highly dedicated.

Been experimenting with different diets (keto namely) and have foudn that intermittent fasting combined with cutting out carbs and cardio in a fasted state works best.

My lifts are pretty ****

I don't seem to be putting on **** as far as muscle and i'm still fat

You need to lift longer to get results, and probably be more serious and learn more about lifting and what exercises work well for you. Being highly dedicated for 4 months is nothing, not even enough time to get good results.

IF and keto might work well for cutting fat, for some people, but I am not a fan of fad diets in general and don't think these will help you gain any muscle.

If your lifts are sh*t work on that before you cycle.

Steroids WILL NOT make you a shredded, muscular chick magnet lean machine monster, they are just supplements. Work om your diet and training.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    You need to lift longer to get results, and probably be more serious and learn more about lifting and what exercises work well for you. Being highly dedicated for 4 months is nothing, not even enough time to get good results. IF and keto might work well for cutting fat, for some people, but I am not a fan of fad diets in general and don't think these will help you gain any muscle. If your lifts are sh*t work on that before you cycle. Steroids WILL NOT make you a shredded, muscular chick magnet lean machine monster, they are just supplements. Work om your diet and training.
    He should be getting some results in his first four months though surely? If nothing else, due to his body super responding. Admittedly he won't become Arnie overnight but there must be a bigger problem with diet or training. In percentage terms, your greatest progress will come in the first 6 - 12 months. Can you post your how you train up here, and be honest?
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Steroids WILL NOT make you a shredded, muscular chick magnet lean machine monster.
    What! No way! #mindblown
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Dude, I'm a new guy on here also. I wish there was a magic pill I could take a be a stud as well! But working out hard for 4 months ain't gonna work. Just stay on this forum and learn from these guys. It's not only knowledge but motivation as well! Just put in the hard work and get your diet in check and you'll see it pay off.
  8. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Idk, since I've been on 500mg of test e/week, my wife's been all over my d*ck

She looks at me like a piece of juicy steak
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    your diet is dog**** and the main reason behind this mess I can't really help you out on training without actually being there with you, but there will be some squatting and pressing variation you're capable of. 275lb deadlift is a joke honestly, not being a dick in the slightest just stating facts. Even if you were a chick, I'd find this number funny What do you really think steroids will do? More hormones suddenly making your diet and training optimal? If you want validation then fine, go run a cycle. Why the **** not
    I like how you state that 275 DL is a joke and even chicks can do that. Your bio says max DL 250lb. Nice how you help in a pos way. Its azzhole comments like that discourage people from asking and learning here.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Idk, since I've been on 500mg of test e/week, my wife's been all over my d*ck She looks at me like a piece of juicy steak
    Glad it's working out for someone! My wife is pregnant and looks at me like I'm a piece of steamy shlt
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Idk, since I've been on 500mg of test e/week, my wife's been all over my d*ck She looks at me like a piece of juicy steak
    Lol! Only just realised you'd started pinning by the way. Reading some of your posts I thought you were a veteran!!
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pro520roost View Post
    Glad it's working out for someone! My wife is pregnant and looks at me like I'm a piece of steamy shlt
    Well if she is preg at least 1 time you were not a pos.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post

He should be getting some results in his first four months though surely? If nothing else, due to his body super responding. Admittedly he won't become Arnie overnight but there must be a bigger problem with diet or training. In percentage terms, your greatest progress will come in the first 6 - 12 months. Can you post your how you train up here, and be honest?
    Yes in the first year of serious training some people get crazy results, but I think it depends on starting point. I started getting serious lifting about 3 years ago and I was 130lbs at 5'7, I gained 30lbs in 6 months natty but some was definitely fat and my starting point was very extreme I think. I was skin and bone lol, could gain on like 2500 calories back then no problem. I thought my biggest body composition changes came in this last year though.

Not sure what you mean by how I train up. I've tried a lot of different methods with my diet but I've mostly bulked because of my metabolism and goals.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  14. Diamond Member

Lol! Only just realised you'd started pinning by the way. Reading some of your posts I thought you were a veteran!!
    I'm new to pinning, but my knowledge on androgenic/anabolic compounds is great, enough so that companies pay for it.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    Well if she is preg at least 1 time you were not a pos.
    No no I was still pos she said just get your quicky so I can go to bed
  16. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by pro520roost View Post
    No no I was still pos she said just get your quicky so I can go to bed
    That's how it normally is for me.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Yes in the first year of serious training some people get crazy results, but I think it depends on starting point. I started getting serious lifting about 3 years ago and I was 130lbs at 5'7, I gained 30lbs in 6 months natty but some was definitely fat and my starting point was very extreme I think. I was skin and bone lol, could gain on like 2500 calories back then no problem. I thought my biggest body composition changes came in this last year though. Not sure what you mean by how I train up. I've tried a lot of different methods with my diet but I've mostly bulked because of my metabolism and goals.
    Apologies, the comment about how you train up was aimed at the OP. Was merely stating that if he was having no results at all, then there must be something wrong with training or diet, so was asking him to put exactly what he does up. I'm not overly keen on commenting on things where I think there are others more qualified to do so, was more curious and if there was anything glaring I'd offer an opinion.

The most effective time for me was when I'd had a long break (a few years), did a lot of research, then came back and put proper diet and training in place. The speed at which I changed was unreal - everyone thought I was on something and I wasn't at that time, but it's the law of diminishing returns and all that.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

I'm new to pinning, but my knowledge on androgenic/anabolic compounds is great, enough so that companies pay for it.
    Years of research or a doctor of biochemistry or something?
  19. Diamond Member

Years of research or a doctor of biochemistry or something?
    Research an experience, I only recently decided to inject, but have been using orals for a while.

Looking foreward to seeing how tren e compares to high dosed trenavar.

I'd say 4andro diol dosed appropriately is pretty similar to injectable test.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Sorry for the late reply.

Lol. 275 is a bull**** deadlift? Okay...

I am just getting heavily into lifting, again been training for a long time.

Here is my diet and training schedule. I absolutely hear what you guys are saying and I will definitely clean everything up before I hop on anything.

Full Disclosure Inside.

Currently My Diet Is ****.

My day looks like this:

Wake up 9AM: Take vitamins/Fat Burner.
    Shadowbox 20 minutes with gloves work up a good sweat.
    Hit the School Gym:
    I do
    Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
    Pull Day. Push Day. Deadlift Day. Overhead Press Day. Cardio Intensive + Isolation work. Light Deadlift/Incline Bench/Overhead press Rest

Diet:

I eat between 5pm and 2Am (sloppy I knwo but full disclosure here)
    I am currently messing up on my diet and eating Eggs/Steak/Chicken with veg but a lot of eating out with sauces and meatball parm subs. Fruits/veg, but also cookies and snacks almost daily.

I know this is not optimal, I was on a strict keto diet and was seeing great fat loss gains... but combined with work and school and living alone the stress of not having my favorite foods caused me to crumble.

Inb4 Flaming

Thanks for all your help!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Research an experience, I only recently decided to inject, but have been using orals for a while. Looking foreward to seeing how tren e compares to high dosed trenavar. I'd say 4andro diol dosed appropriately is pretty similar to injectable test.
    Sounds good mate, fair play,

I've never done tren or any derivatives/precursors with the exception of Trenazone. Don't feel I know enough yet to understand and manage the sides from what I've read. That said, I absolutely loved Trenazone, got really solid results.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Sorry for the late reply. Lol. 275 is a bull**** deadlift? Okay... I am just getting heavily into lifting, again been training for a long time. Here is my diet and training schedule. I absolutely hear what you guys are saying and I will definitely clean everything up before I hop on anything. Full Disclosure Inside. Currently My Diet Is ****. My day looks like this: Wake up 9AM: Take vitamins/Fat Burner. Shadowbox 20 minutes with gloves work up a good sweat. Hit the School Gym: I do Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Pull Day. Push Day. Deadlift Day. Overhead Press Day. Cardio Intensive + Isolation work. Light Deadlift/Incline Bench/Overhead press Rest Diet: I eat between 5pm and 2Am (sloppy I knwo but full disclosure here) I am currently messing up on my diet and eating Eggs/Steak/Chicken with veg but a lot of eating out with sauces and meatball parm subs. Fruits/veg, but also cookies and snacks almost daily. I know this is not optimal, I was on a strict keto diet and was seeing great fat loss gains... but combined with work and school and living alone the stress of not having my favorite foods caused me to crumble. Inb4 Flaming Thanks for all your help!
    What are your goals? To lose fat/cut?
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Fix diet. Do 5/3/1. Do HIIT cardio on off days. In that order of importance. If u only fixed your diet, and kept everything else the same, you would get great results. So... Diet. Idk if anyone else said this yet, but cycles r for when u have reached your genetic limit and potential. Not a cover up for poor eating. You've acknowledged that your screwing it up, so fix that.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  24. Diamond Member

Sounds good mate, fair play,

I've never done tren or any derivatives/precursors with the exception of Trenazone. Don't feel I know enough yet to understand and manage the sides from what I've read. That said, I absolutely loved Trenazone, got really solid results.
    Dienolone is a tricky compound.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Dienolone is a tricky compound.
    In terms of? Managing sides or coming back from it properly? I just followed a standard 4 week PCT of clomid and nolva, mistake?
  26. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Research an experience, I only recently decided to inject, but have been using orals for a while.

Looking foreward to seeing how tren e compares to high dosed trenavar.

I'd say 4andro diol dosed appropriately is pretty similar to injectable test.
    The Trenavar probably doesnt compare. Bout like comparing GABA to GHRP's.
  27. Diamond Member

In terms of? Managing sides or coming back from it properly? I just followed a standard 4 week PCT of clomid and nolva, mistake?
    the compound in most tends to either cause gyno, or cause existing minor gyno to flare up.

if one can mitigate these sides or doesn't get them, it's a pretty powerful compound.

topical dienolone seems to be nicer than oral pro dienolone (old tren pro hormones) this is probably d/t absorption in my opinion.

one can dose pro dieionolone much higher than topical dienolone.

at 100mg e/d, effects were fast acting for me, but so were sides.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

the compound in most tends to either cause gyno, or cause existing minor gyno to flare up. if one can mitigate these sides or doesn't get them, it's a pretty powerful compound. topical dienolone seems to be nicer than oral pro dienolone (old tren pro hormones) this is probably d/t absorption in my opinion. one can dose pro dieionolone much higher than topical dienolone. at 100mg e/d, effects were fast acting for me, but so were sides.
    I think I'm fairly lucky in that I've never really been susceptible to gyno related issues, or at least so far. I was ruthless when I was on it; felt like I could run forever and was hitting like a tank (rugby). But it absolutely slaughtered my sex drive. Didn't get an erection for near enough the entire month I was on it, but came back a few weeks into PCT. I assumed that was a normal side?

Which would you recommend, topical or oral? How high were you dosing the oral for effectiveness? If I remember right I was running the topical at either 150mg or 300mg per day (it was 75mg per ml I think).
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry for the late reply.

Lol. 275 is a bull**** deadlift? Okay...

I am just getting heavily into lifting, again been training for a long time.

Here is my diet and training schedule. I absolutely hear what you guys are saying and I will definitely clean everything up before I hop on anything.

Full Disclosure Inside.

Currently My Diet Is ****.

My day looks like this:

Wake up 9AM: Take vitamins/Fat Burner.
    Shadowbox 20 minutes with gloves work up a good sweat.
    Hit the School Gym:
    I do
    Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
    Pull Day. Push Day. Deadlift Day. Overhead Press Day. Cardio Intensive + Isolation work. Light Deadlift/Incline Bench/Overhead press Rest

Diet:

I eat between 5pm and 2Am (sloppy I knwo but full disclosure here)
    I am currently messing up on my diet and eating Eggs/Steak/Chicken with veg but a lot of eating out with sauces and meatball parm subs. Fruits/veg, but also cookies and snacks almost daily.

I know this is not optimal, I was on a strict keto diet and was seeing great fat loss gains... but combined with work and school and living alone the stress of not having my favorite foods caused me to crumble.

Inb4 Flaming

Thanks for all your help!
    smells of troll
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  30. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think I'm fairly lucky in that I've never really been susceptible to gyno related issues, or at least so far. I was ruthless when I was on it; felt like I could run forever and was hitting like a tank (rugby). But it absolutely slaughtered my sex drive. Didn't get an erection for near enough the entire month I was on it, but came back a few weeks into PCT. I assumed that was a normal side?

Which would you recommend, topical or oral? How high were you dosing the oral for effectiveness? If I remember right I was running the topical at either 150mg or 300mg per day (it was 75mg per ml I think).
    You were likely at 150mg/day. 300mg is crazy high.

I liked pro-Dien myself a bit more. With the ph, I seemed to put on more weight and with topical I saw more fat burning effects. However, the sides @ 100mg topical were not as extreme as 100mg pro-Dien.

Running this with test helps only a little. If you could control estrogen, Trestolone might work well with it or perhaps proviron or Masteron.

Masteron would be nuts with Dienolone. But might as well just use Tren PH.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

The Trenavar probably doesnt compare. Bout like comparing GABA to GHRP's.
    This. Now that I've run both.
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Prereq for any cycle is knowledge of the compound and a plan. You want things handed to you. I'm sick of people like you sir. I don't care if I'm being to "hard". People who think steroids are the god damn magic pill need to fall off a cliff into some research. "Oh I'm not gaining weight cycle time" wtf that's not even logical if you know what a steroid even does. But you don't.

Stick around, learn something about nutrition and training then down the road cycle if you want. I bet once you learn from AM you'll be perfectly fine being natural.

And you don't squat? Please leave.
  33. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    I like how you state that 275 DL is a joke and even chicks can do that. Your bio says max DL 250lb. Nice how you help in a pos way. Its azzhole comments like that discourage people from asking and learning here.
    250 KILOGRAMS, not pounds
    hahaha metric failure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UuezbpU53U
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    250 KILOGRAMS, not pounds hahaha metric failure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UuezbpU53U
    Haha. Now it makes sense. Nice pull!
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Aside from the random tirades of verbal abuse I will take the advice given in this thread and clean up my diet and training before jumping on a cycle.

Hopefully by next year I will be more solidly on track and made gains.

Hopefully the gains keep going if not I'll run a test cycle.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Aside from the random tirades of verbal abuse I will take the advice given in this thread and clean up my diet and training before jumping on a cycle.

Trust me bro you are doing the right thing you'll see results if you are pushing yourself.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you are able to put on 10 lbs of muscle a year that is a success. Just make sure that you either bulk or cut. Don't try and do both it will just hinder your gains. Diet is key though no matter what you are doing
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

thank you!

i appreciate the encouragement! truly!
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

didnt mean to bash you, i was in a dark scary place last nnight lol. good choice bud. hop on the steroid train wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the road
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  191 lbs.

OP I would get on a decent routine. And maybe get your test levels checked.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Been training for a year
    By 0071982WC in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 05:26 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 07:14 AM
  3. I think I've been training wrong for 3+ years...
    By elgenyo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 11:34 PM
  4. Best Mass Training for Sustanon 250 & Mass Tabs Cycle
    By AmericnMuscle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 05:40 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 07:17 PM